Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i think it common sense that those are bs and using dlss. like those people thay say 8k works great, only if your using dlss or other such tech,

Since DLSS and FSR GPU advanced in performance are from that tech. Native res render and all that has taken back seat imo.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    TheDigitalJedi and bobnewels like this.
  2. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Yeah it what it is and some RTX 4090 I personally bought cost me $3000 Canadian,there has never been a GPU in my life that could play every game above 60FPS. Never will be either,if there was then companies would go out of business.I am glad PC gaming is a hobby and I do not loke cars or something actually extremely expensive.

I agree (I could point out some nuts but not going to say anything)but I actually do not mind the performance from DLSS/FSR/XESS, I am old and my PC monitor is an Samsung 85" Neo OLED and PC Games need to be played at 4K so more FPS the better and I can not tell the difference in motion between Native and upscaling.

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  3. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Oh yes for sure. Without DLSS the framerate drops in the 40's and I've seen a few sections where it will pop 50 and then back in the 40's.

I know what I'm about to say will be extremely unpopular but I'm a guy that enjoyed playing the original Pong and the awesome Atari 2600 as a child in the 1970s.

Playing Cyberpunk with a mid to high 40s framerate is not all that bad. To be honest, the visuals were so pristine I found it to be very playable and enjoyable.

GoldenTiger and bobnewels like this.
  4. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Hi @bobnewels or any Guru.

I see you have you HDR settings on HDR10PQ. What differences do you find between HDR10PQ and HDR10scRGB?

5. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  6. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I've always wondered why my Cyberpunk HDR screenshots look washed out. When I turn HDR off and snap screenshots the pics are more colorful. I wish I could snap a HDR in game photo to show the best image quality.

I can't seem to find a solution.

7. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
  8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ugh, concrete still looks like it is made from plastic. sure the texture pack is better then the default, but the default really has bad textures to start with.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

DLSS/FSR has it usages, like if you have 4k monitor and cant run 4k. DLSS/FSR will certinly be better experience image and performance wise compare to running it at 1080p or 1440p(honestly i dont seem much if any diffrence of 4k vs 1440p on my TV atlest not from 10 feet away, it another store on monitor 2 feet in front of you. 1440p on 24" using DSR look 2x better then 1440p 27" to me). but it is no way replacement actual rendering at 4k or even 8k, 4k@60 using native is just becoming plausable in current games and look at cost of those card need.

I dont mind the tech i just see it being use a cructch by gpu makes and in nvidia case, the added tesla cores give reason to up the price and they were doing that before inflation started.

As for 2077. I will pick it up on when base game and dlc is in one package on sale. by then i should have system worthy of playing it

TheDigitalJedi and bobnewels like this.
  10. Slave2Games

Slave2Games Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 / 8GB
    You can take HDR screenshots with xbox game bar, it will save 2 copies, 1 will be HDR and other SDR

11. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    @Slave2Games

MAN THANK YOU! I truly forgot all about the Xbox Game Bar! You are indeed a gentleman and a scholar. For me to post the pics on Guru3d I'll need to use imgur to shrink them as @Dragam1337 posted awhile back. I did this with some of the Spider-Man pics I uploaded.

The pics are 24mb. Imgur can get them down to 4mb but Guru3d's limit is 2mb I believe. I'll use windows or Imgur again to shrink the 4mb pics.

Thanks again Guru!

Slave2Games likes this.
  12. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    The one thing about the Xbox Game Bar is that it will take some of your framerate while in use. The image quality of the pics are flawless.

The high resolution textures of this mod are very impressive. With all the mods I have installed, Cyberpunk looks more like a CG movie than it does a game.

Z6meNk9.jpg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Well you will not have this problem on your OLEDS.

On my OLED I prefer HDR10PQ brighter colours over the more natural accurate somewhat HDR10scRGB.

On my QN85B 85" Neo QLED there is no DoblyVision or HDR10scRGB so HDR10PQ it is and I am fine with that.I really do not fuss with the HDR to much as I do not really know the difference between good/bad/accurate etc,just know what I like and with Nvidia GPU's HDR recording some engines just do not play well together.

I have yet to finish Cyberpunk,I was put off the game from weird stuff when playing like shadows missing and not being correct.
    I just like messing around in PC games and this one can look stunning at times and I actually played I bet close to 100 hours in game. Now maybe time to mod the heck out of it and finish one playthrough at least.

14. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I've been playing with Cyberpunk mods all day today. Too cold outside and I'm off lol. I almost utilized the full 24gb of Vram on my 4090. The 4k textures are intense but the game looks amazing. The pictures I'm posting doesn't nearly look as good as what I'm playing.

EOr5KqM.jpg B1T4NhY.jpg 7W8Xs57.jpg 0SywW0y (1).jpg nc02Oz2.jpg

alanm, Horus-Anhur and fantaskarsef like this.
  15. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC

16. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    dceYhyA.jpg zOZXyEo.jpg 67p1ypg.jpg yzOa8EG.jpg CsY4GuK.jpg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    fantaskarsef, GarrettL and eGGroLLiO like this.
  17. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    The HD Reworked Mod is a very nice mod in my opinion. I recommend giving this a try.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  18. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Militech Apogee
    Looks a lot more cartooney than the original to me, looking at your screenshots.
    And really sharp. I don't think my eyes see the world that well :)

19. TheDigitalJedi

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    The textures are really good. I'm playing this on a 77 inch OLED with my Home Theater system and the world is even more immersive.

I'm going to give the Welcome to Night City mod a try. Some of the pics look good.

Krizby likes this.
  20. Pale Horseman

Pale Horseman Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090