Cyberpunk 2077: PC version with raytracing, first screenshots

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    fixed. But as for the demo. That's not indication of any game performance. Raytracing is not about pixels on screen, but about geometry in scene regardless it being in view or not.
    So imagine that actual game would have 20~50 times more geometry to deal with than that elevator scene most of the time.

2. SirNoobster

SirNoobster New Member

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I was really really really looking forward to this game but im getting more sceptical with each news. If the history repeats itself and the game will heavily favor Nvida GPUs (I see you Witcher 3) it will be tough for me to pay full price for it. Also its kind of weird how some screenshots look awesome while others quite mediocre. Like the ground reflection from ad banners vs that plastic wall...

3. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    I will gladly upgrade my 2080ti to whatever is next just to play this game in full glory.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    7LP+ will boost the density a lot compering to 12FFN. So hope Ampere come out in march right before release with 10x more RT cores

5. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Well, it looks like a lot of devs are adding RT via RTX into their games. It also looks like RTX's adoption will be more significant than any api in it's first few years.

I honestly think by the time we're at 3rd-gen RTX, you guys are going to take it for granted. As normal as AA, AF and AO etc.

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Negative people about raytracing/RTX:

Not enough games utilize it and its coming up to a year since release, RTX failed!

Oh, this new game is going to have ray tracing? No thanks, it's a no-buy from me.

----------------------------

So basically, the complaint about the lack of games with the feature arn't valid because if they had their way there wouldn't be any games with it even though they complain the adoption rate is low....

Maddness and Stormyandcold like this.
  7. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I believe 2.5X RT cores will be enough for it to be free at 4K. If they up the samples per second for more realism then we’d need a lot more, but that’s gonna be a good 5 years away.

8. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    It’ll be a good 5 years before we see games coming out built with RT in mind. Honestly, before all that I think we need to move away from screen space reflections to planar. RT can be the more accurate version and optional if hardware supports it.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    If what I have read is correct we will see more raytracing type effects being implemented in video games once those next generation consoles are released.

10. Maddness

Maddness Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW
    The game will run fine on AMD hardware. Seriously, I ran an RX480 for the Witcher 3 and it was fine. I never worried about the Hairworks options. Honestly some of the scaremongering is just silly. This game will be on consoles, so of course it'll work fine on AMD hardware.

11. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    All games are optimized for GCN and in effect RDNA. They later have to optimize for NVIDIA if they can afford it. Otherwise it happens later in drivers by team green.

Cyberpunk will be optimized for NVIDIA from day 1. Hopefully they can really make use of Turing’s features.

Maddness likes this.
  12. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX2080 Ti OC
    Although looking very nice, its also looking suspiciously blurry... I hope they add a sharpen filter.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    That will be barely enough to get 1080p with 3 DX-R effects at time.

14. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    It needs tens of thousands RT cores for photorealism. So it cannot be done just once in 5 years. So it needs to raise as much as possible in every generation.

15. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    100% factually wrong and clearly an AMD fanboy statement.

16. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    What you're talking about is complete raytracing and the end of rasterization. That's a good 15 years away unless we make some leaps in GPU or CPU performance. Who knows...AMD and Intel could just do RT on the CPU in the future and Nvidia might go the way of 3Dfx.

17. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Maybe on Turing, but who knows what Ampere will be able to do.

18. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Has anyone ever wondered why they haven't shown any gameplay w/frame rates using ray tracing yet?

So they go from showing standard game play back to still photos of ray tracing.
    Anyone willing to guess about this kind of marketing?

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

Maddness likes this.
  20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    What kind of marketing? Are you saying they are being deceptive? I mean, apparently not enough to fool you with static images versus game play.