Cyberpunk 2077: PC graphics benchmark analysis review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    They're looking into it. Ultra Quality mode.
    youtube.com/watch?v=a9KJo9llIpI&t=2770s

I love when ppl think they know better than professionals :)
    Imagine if NV released it in a way that you suggested: Here ya go folks - new AA. Looks better than native in certain places and worse in others. While causing performance hit. ON TOP of already murderous Ray-Tracing hit.

I am guessing that the reason why they're holding back with release of DLSS Ultra Quality mode, which would render at native or even higehr res, might be this:

Overall DLSS has a very good perf/IQ. Now think of DLSS perf/IQ as a function of resolution f(res)=Perf/IQ. We know that it is scaling very well - at resolutions LOWER than native.
    That might not hold true while approaching and exceeding native res. Very likely having the inflection point somewhere around native.

TLDR
    DLSS still has certain issues, which can be forgiven on account of perf. gains. Nvidia releasing Ultra Quality mode which would render at native, therefore lowering performance, while having quality issues - is not all that obvious move.

2. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Garbage mode Engaged.

Sorry, for how much people go on about graphics, me included.

This game proves that even with decent graphics, if a games A.I are garbage and the game is boring. Nothing fancy looks wise will change that.