Cyberpunk 2077 NVIDIA DLSS 3 Update Is Out Now

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I can't tell if you're being intentionally obtuse or you're functionally retarded.

Conceptually you understand that a company can hire more people to fulfill multiple engineering requirements at once, right?.

Yeah LOL if there are two ongoing operations I send one doctor to one operation and another doctor to another operation. Is your mind blown?

Just like Nvidia could send some engineers to improve DLSS 3 on 4k series and some engineers to make it run on 3K series. If they are short engineers than they can use their massive profits from crypto/scaling hire more engineers.

You finally get it - thanks for understanding.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    Neo Cyrus, schmidtbag and Horus-Anhur like this.
  2. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Yeah sure mr retarded operator, is your dad the CEO of the company I wonder

Do you send heart doctor to operate on brain tumor patient by any chance, because what you are spewing is quite retarded by every standard

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    You can keep editing your post over and over it's not making you look better lol.

4. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Nah, I just add stuff, because what you saying are pure stupidity.

Edit: so AMD racked up record profit during the past year, why aren't they hiring devs to make drivers for all their GPU concurrently, instead of just rx7000 for now?

5. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    @Krizby Come on this is unacceptable behaviour, can you tone it down please. If you don't agree with Denial, then say you disagree with his comments, state what you have to say about the topic at hand and move on. Resorting to insulting others because you disagree with them just lowers your credibility.

@Denial This goes to you too, continuing arguments like this and the antagonism shown here isn't helpful to either of you.

You both have valid points, Krizby showing scepticism at AMDs floundering (even though it is very harsh scepticism which I believe Denial is tired of seeing) while Denial understanding the logistics of management of resources. No need to be at each others throats about this which can easily be understood with a little patience.

6. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    I completely agree. The arguments in this thread have been going on for years be it one issue or another.

I hated the upcharge for the G-Sync hardware chip in the 27" Asus PG279Q monitor but I must say it works extremely well. It is incredibly smooth. Purchased it 3 years ago to move from 1080p to 1440p gaming.

BUT, now I was forced to purchase the 4070 TI when that money could have gone to the 7900xt now that they are the same price point. The PG279Q doesn't have Freesync. Nvidia got me coming and going. Love the monitor but now no choice.

Should have purchased another monitor and I knew that was going to bite me in the ass in the long run when I bought it.

geogan likes this.
  7. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    I'm more worry about the health center that Denial works at really, human lives are at stake here ;).

Also I wonder why Intel is floundering the hardest, despite having the most money, as if having more money and more devs are of no importance to making good softwares, like denial is saying

Or how Meta wasted 11bil developing that pos looking metaverse, man I thought having money should allow company to do whatever they want

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    No - I would hire a neurosurgeon to perform it. Just like nvidia would hire another engineering team to build out the 3000 series DLSS variant (if it were possible and to be clear I'm not arguing it is possible).

You initially said "So if you were DLSS3 devs, would you rather focusing on making DLSS3 better, or make it work badly on all GPU ;)." my takeaway from that is "Nvidia can either Improve DLSS 3 on 4K series OR build DLSS 3 for 3k series" implying there is no other way to achieve both these goals simultaneously.

In response I said "In theory they can do both if they hired more people using the massive profits they made in 2020/21" - have the current team continue to make the improvements you're saying, build a second team to work on backporting the technology to previous generations.. this entire time you're trying to build these odd false analogies (both 4K improvements and 3K backporting requires the same kinds of engineers/product teams) and weird comparisons to other companies (I don't know what Intel hiring more people has to do with quality of work in Nvidia) to prove it's not possible, that there's no conceivable way to do both simultaneously.

I don't know how else to say this so I'm done arguing as it's bothering other people.

Truder and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Nvidia has the resources to at least bring it to 3000 series cards.

Even if its an option between DLSS and Frame Gen where 3000 series can't use them combined at leas the option is there.

Making it accessible to older gens IS making DLSS3 better.

Undying and schmidtbag like this.
  10. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Man you are hilarious, you think just because Nvidia has money, they can just hire a bunch of devs who know how to work on DLSS3, a brand spanking new tech, just like that.

My point was Nvidia is focusing their finite resources on perfecting FG, before porting to older gens. Doing it simultaneous is just fool's errand.

Apparently you have no idea what priority means, haven't met a priority patient in your life?

I have been saying the same, rtx3000 will have FG at some point, just not now when Nvidia is focusing on FG improvement, FYI frame generation already at 5th iteration

CPC_RedDawn likes this.

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    fair enough, do you have a link to where its listed as the 5th gen. I would love to read more about that.

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Given my experience with @Denial , I wouldn't be surprised if he knows more about the details of Nvidia's architecture than you (or really, most people on these forums). In any case, that's a bit of a strawman, seeing as you were questioning his managerial skills, not his tech knowledge.
    Y'know AMD sells CPUs too, right? Gaming GPU sales went down, and make up for 16% of their revenue. While AMD technically has the ability to pitch in more developers to GPU drivers (and they should), if you look at the perspective of RTG, they're not doing as well as you think they are. Nvidia, on the other hand, can definitely afford to port DLSS3 back just a single generation. The ROI would be there if it helped entice sales of their surplus stock of 3000 series GPUs.

13. Yeah ok, show me one person happy about this besides some 1-day old shill account. Then compare it to this thread :p

14. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Yup, both AMD and Nvidia has finite resources, which they must manage properly in order to earn profits.

Nvidia also has bigger markets to attend to, not just gaming, and revenue from gaming segment has been shrinking as of late, why would they even want to spend more resources?

Yeah sure just assume I don't know anything, because I think the same of you ;).

CP2077 ship with FG version 1.0.5
    TPU host DLL for FG also
    https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-3-frame-generation-dll/

15. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    And like I said (but you chose to ignore), there are profits to be had if they ported DLSS3 to the 3000 series. Nvidia has been antsy to get rid of their old stock; this would definitely help with that. The architecture hasn't changed that much so it's not like they have to reinvent the wheel.
    In that regard, why did they bother the new features of DLSS3? Surely, if the market is shrinking so much, why would they invest in a technology that is ostensibly complex enough to only have the funds for a single generation?
    Your logic falls flat.
    Stop jumping to extremes; you're the one who started pointing fingers of people's lack of qualifications. I never said you didn't know anything, but with your biases, I don't think it matters what you actually know.

16. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    I bet it's much faster to develop FG on rtx4000 since it has much more robust OFA vs rtx3000, so why waste time and resources on something that is as pointless as to silent the outcries from haters ;). Remember when Nvidia let Pascal do RT?

Anyways who knows, DLSS3 devs say rtx3000 can do FG, it might support FG at a later time when FG is mature enough

People will buy rtx4000 base on its performance and efficiency alone, but DLSS3 is what keep Nvidia interesting vs their competition, Nvidia is always leading in cool tech, not just margin buffing tech ;)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    Why_Me likes this.
  17. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    The rain being "30fps" and noticeably less smooth than DLSS2 is completely unacceptable for me.

PS: ^ Nvidia feeding you a bunch of crap with "ofa is too slow" you can see examples on youtube of vr reproduction using 2000/3000 series ofa. With inability to account for rain like that, and repro working as well as it does with 2000/3000 ofa, I think there is enough reason to believe the feature is being gated off.

18. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Sadly you have to see FG for yourself, not via YT because it's only 60hz video.

No one ever said FG is not coming to rtx3000, if you demand more than what DLSS2 give you currently, maybe just be a little more patient.

19. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    It seems to me like gsync doesn't work with DLSS3 enabled. I suspect DLSS3 brings greater frametime variance which makes it feel worse without gsync, also I get tearing.

20. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    0 tearing with driver vsync, lag is OK with Reflex limiter 138fps (for SP games).