Cyberpunk 2077 lost almost 80% of its active players since launch

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 6, 2021.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Maybe he's running 4k

2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    I get that and a 3090 isn't a 4k RTX card, regardless of the price, it's expensive as hell but it only performs a touch better than the 3080 that costs a LOT less. I am positive that a 3090 can run the game perfectly fine even at 4k after dropping some settings, but maybe the guy isn't ready to do that. I don't know.

3. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Vega 64 DIY
    I am over 70 hours in, i can not remember last time i have played a game this much in less then a month.
    I am enjoying it at 1440p Med to High settings, no RT. Still looks better then any other game i have ever played.
    It has less bugs then Fallout and the style of the game looks fantastic.
    Maybe in ½ year, a new GPU would allow me to revisit the game.

DannyD likes this.
  4. Sylencer

Sylencer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Well i can play the game at 60 fps no problems but it still has major fps drops and stutters that are coming from the game and not my pc.

Maxed (psycho) everything quality-wise at 1440p 144hz / capped at 60fps.
    Smoothly playable but still gets drops from time to time.
    Let me get this straight - i ain't complaining that i can play the game smoothly but rather the fact that you HAVE to use such a setup to run it smoothly. It's like buying a porsche to be able to drive to a store and pick up a pack of milk - totally overkill which should not be necessary at all.

Yeah, i give this game some more months to patch it up and play it on a better, not scuffed experience as it is right now.

5. Freitlein

Freitlein Member

GPU:
    VII
    Perhaps 80% of gamers noticed their gaming behavior had been spied on and immediately made a wise decision for 2021? Ok, another planet.

6. mentor07825

mentor07825 Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 5700XT
    That could be it.

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    As I summed it up, 'enjoyably shallow'. The game isn't worth more than a single play through and while the world looks like a real lived in location once you dig in it turns out to be a pretty dead environment that offers little in the way of free form fun. I used to be able to spend hours in GTA games just messing around testing the limits of the free form chaos, but Cyberpunk doesn't offer anything like that and I think the amount of work needed to add this to the world goes way beyond a simple set of patches, wasn't the game also meant to have some sort of multiplayer? I dunno I can't see myself returning to Night City any time soon.... if ever!

jbscotchman likes this.
  8. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ref 6900 XT
    I actually like this game even in this state, i haven't finished it yet only level 41, but i started a new game as i didn't like my previous build.

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Not surprised, the game lacks so much content that was promised. You can finish the main quest along with the side story quests in less than 30 hours. After that its just running around kill these people, go to the next spot, kill this guy, rinse and repeat. Night City may be huge, but it feels empty.

Sylencer likes this.
  10. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Unfortunately this sums up every FPS that does not offer PvP and even then PvP can be summed up that way as well.

Think the game presents a dystopian vibe just fine as can be seen by the comments/complaints. It is lacking in a big way though. Only having one romance choice based on life style is extremely limiting. Friendships are made superficially. The only true buddy we had was killed off in the prelude to the actual game. They still need to talk to Rockstar to see how to program driving AI let alone the NPCs' AI. Looking forward to see how the Multiplayer shakes out when launched in 2022. Better not be launched earlier; too many bugs to iron out before they can think of multiplayer.

Edit: Also, was hoping that choices that were made during the game had more of an impact on how the game unfolded instead of just being offered a few unique dialog lines. What about actual side quests being unique to each of the three choices and then having people react to you differently based on whether you are a male or female. All that was missed. One would think that Corpos would have had exclusive access to certain weapon types or even built in proficiency with corporate espionage.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    jbscotchman likes this.

11. Maddness

Maddness Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I'm having a blast playing it. I don't get all the negativity towards it. I realize it's overwhelming when you first start out, all the menus, hacking, crafting, weapons, cyberware etc. But the gameplay is awesome. I have run into a few minor bugs in the game, but nothing to change my mind about it. It doesn't live up to the hype, but in reality could any game ever. Its been hyped that much.

Netherwind and DannyD like this.
  12. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5700 8GB
    Yeah, it's fun. I enjoy blinding enemies and then giving them a baseball treatment. Like Deus Ex you do actually get quite a big chance to do things your way.
    The least fun part are the still remaining bugs, the constant collecting of weapons etc and then destroying them and putting it to it use.

Maddness likes this.
  13. kendoka15

kendoka15 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Playerbase massively dropping after release seems normal. I and a lot of my friends played a LOT for the first few days and are now taking a break from the game. Some of us just condense our playtime into a few days, some people play a bit here and there.

I've been encountering a LOT of bugs but it didn't stop my enjoyment of the game and it's not related to my taking a break. Performance has been okay with my 3080, but I could just disable RTX if I wanted more frames

Maddness likes this.
  14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I'm 42hrs in and although I've experienced more than a dozen bugs, I've yet to encounter something game breaking that would stop me from completing a quest/activity. Save/reload fixes almost everything.

Been a while since I've played a game this much and I absolutely love it, at least for the most part.

Maddness likes this.
  15. hwanzi

hwanzi New Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1080ti
    congratulations you learned how single player games work....people beat the game and then they move on to the next game

TheSissyOfFremont likes this.

16. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    I pooped nearly 80% of the food I ate last night, hurr durr, terrible meal.

17. Slammy

Slammy Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 7800GTX
    Really hoping a mod comes that makes it dark and gloomy like i feel cyberpunk settings should be. Like Blade Runner or my fave, ShadowRun

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    you could ALT+F3 and make it look anything you want

19. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 OC
    The game is fun but the bugs and glitches are really annoying :V

20. PsyaNyde

PsyaNyde Active Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 2080 super
    Played it, finished it, couldn't be bothered to go back and play out the alternative ending or chase acheivements etc, moved on to another game instead.