Cyberpunk 2077 has more than a million active players every day

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Still haven't played this game, as reading all of the recent reviews - still has a lot of bugs.

What are the opinions of our community? Is it worth the time now?

3. Spider4423

Spider4423 Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4080
    I've played the game at release... encountered minor glitches but nothing game/atmosphere detrimental. (PC ver)
    Has a lot of replayability potential and I personally enjoyed it.
    Also new DLC is on the way :D

AuerX, reix2x and Maddness like this.
  4. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    They must be desperate.

No. Content is still the same as before, mostly bugs have been fixed and minor improvements have been done in general.

Menu and screen real estate is still garbage, so are the controls. AI is still retarded. There is nothing really to do in the city after you finish the main quest and most other quests. Your decisions still have mostly no impact to anything story related at all, meaning everything is still linear. It doesn't even matter what background history you take.

If they want to improve the game properly, then the whole game requires an overhaul. If the upoming Add-On does not change the base game in a whole while only adding a new city area and additional story, then the game will remain as is even with the new content.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I see. Well in this case it makes sense to wait a bit more. I'm not desperate any my gaming backlog is collosal. Just irl and work take most of my time now.

But I did finish Scorn recently and loved it. :) Big fan of Giger here.

6. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    Regarding being desperate: I was referring to the over a million players in CP77 to be desperate when they are still playing CP77.
    Well, to be fair it's not a bad game, merely average, maybe a little above average. The Anime was quite better than the actual game it was adapted from. That's kind of sad though.

cryohellinc likes this.
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Depends on your expectations. If you want a very pretty action game with a fantastic story, tons of stuff to do, amazing gunplay and this huge, cyberpunk playground, then you should definitely play it. I put 55hrs on release and had a blast with it, despite bugs :)

If you expect storytelling à la Baldurs Gate with strong focus on RPG/choice like TalentX mentioned, then I guess there are other games who do this better. Yes, it's true that there is no end game and yes, the AI isn't great but I personally rather focused on other areas. However I disagree that the controls are bad.

pharma, AuerX and Solfaur like this.
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It's quite good, not perfect mind you.. the characters are fun to interact with and the weapons are cool.

Brasky likes this.
  9. JronMasteR

JronMasteR Member

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX 3090
    The game has had a lot of bugs and issues. However, not as bad as everyone was saying. Especially not on PC.
    I went back to the game with the release of 1.6, and the game is very enjoyable.
    Gun Play is amazing, great weapon variety etc. There is a lot gore.
    There are a lot of different play styles to choose. Great skill tree etc.
    And at least with high end hardware, the game runs very smoothly.
    Don't expect much from the main story though, its very short.

10. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Like I did Witcher 3, after my experience with 1 and 2, I'll personally wait till they're done with expansions and patches and have said "now there's no more coming".

Then there's probably going to be some nice mods available too to fix the most annoying things.

Why rush in to it when there's still more coming and it'll be better in future. Better to have the best possible experience and then move on to the next game. It's not like we're low on great games.

cryohellinc, Cave Waverider and Silva like this.

11. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Bought it when it originally came out, did get stuck on main mission on one of the critical bugs which basically stopped game dead - where had to take something from some NFC in elevator who never appeared or disappeared (only way to get past that one was to reload an earlier save). Also had 1070 at the time so only basic quality graphics levels.

Later got 3070 and only then went back to this to see what ray-traced effects looked like - and it was better looking alright especially with enhanced frame-rates enabled by DLSS2, played a bit more main mission, then stopped. Got to point where had to get something from some marauders in some outskirts town. Haven't really gone back to it ever since.

The actual graphics are amazing - only reason I went back and tried to play/enjoy it... but the horrible user interface and all the garbage I seemed to be collecting without having any clue what the hell I was supposed to do with it all, just confused me. And yes all the slightly different "clones" walking around city are very dead/lifeless.

Maybe I am just too old to understand it o_O

cryohellinc likes this.
  12. Pryme

Pryme Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800 SWFT
    So the game is still the same empty shell just like when is was launched, and in 2 years they only worked on performance/stability? At least the internet peeps like very much to do benchmarking with it.

I only tried the game 2 months after launch, for about 2 hours, bugs and more bugs as well as the user interface was kind of horrible. GTX 1060 was not powerfull for even Medium graphics back then. I decided to wait for the finished product. For now I'm going to kick people on Sleeping Dogs.

13. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Well, I have bought the game... But I have not played it yet.

Maybe this weekend I will give it a go.

14. DownwithEA

DownwithEA Active Member

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    I played on a 1060 6GB card I'm fairly sure on high all the way to end. It was enjoyable. Not amazing but had its moments. Very much want to go back with a beefy system to test my hardware.

15. Pryme

Pryme Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800 SWFT
    With the introdution of FSR it was possible to achieve better FPS for GPUs like the 1060, when I played FSR was not available, it was only possible to change resolution scale, but the degradation of the image was noticeable.

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Honestly, I wouldn't have bet money on that, but hey, good for them. Still not reinstalling, not enough new content.

17. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    You can't change them?
    I've always had a gripe with games that never let you change the controls. Back in the 90s it didn't matter because the amount of functions were so limited that you could easily adapt, but with modern games it can be a real issue with ergonomics or muscle memory. In the same vein, I'm really hating how so many games have 20+ controls, especially when half of them might only be used once or for very oddly-specific things.

18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Played a few hours at release and a few months later re-tried again but i encounter a bug that would not let me pass a mission got stuck in there , since then i have never touch it again. I guess once they release the new content and fix more bugs i will finish the game.

Embra likes this.
  19. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Literally me. Did the exact same thing with Witcher 3.

20. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I've really enjoyed it and if you can find it on sale for 10/20$ it's worth it. There are still a few bugs etc, but every game has these now and it's not game breaking stuff. I've played two complete games and had a lot of fun, easily worth it for xbox series x.