Cyberpunk 2077 has been postponed to December 10

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    As Maddness said, time to save up for Big Navi or 3080Ti whichever will give the best RT experience.

2. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    DLSS is gonna save my skin with this game as i'm planning on cranking all RT effects to max and if it's still no-good then i'll just upgrade. The CP2077 rtx showcase trailer is the best game trailer i've seen, i used to have borderlands 2 trailer as no.1, i'll not lie i'd gladly sink £1500 for a 3090 if i was in better situation.
    And i can't see AMD's new cards flooding the market in these 'Rona' times, all AMD's cards will be gone in minutes too especially with that performance.

Lily GFX likes this.
  3. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    i prefer when companies have the "when is done mentality " instead of releasing beta / alpha of the game on full price ...

Lily GFX likes this.
  4. Monolyth

Monolyth Meow Mix Kills

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3090Ti
    Giving themselves just one more sprint worth of day one patch time sounds more like upper management pushing to stay in the 2020 holiday season and not a realistic estimate of remaining performance related tuning and testing.

But I could be wrong and I hope I am.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Long time ago I almost bough console to play 1 single player game. ...almost. And I did buy new graphics for DX10 single player game and tiny visual difference.
    I am not buying anything for one or few games. I grew wiser than that. I buy for games that I spend most time playing. That's especially true when spending in $500+ range.

Buying GPU based on DX-R performance in game that allegedly does not support DX-R is like buying new gaming laptop each year just for one LAN party based on its thickness.

6. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    All games should be delayed until ready. Bored of hearing about day one 50GB patches etc.

Heck if I eat my own words we'd still be waiting for Skyrim!

angelgraves13 likes this.
  7. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I was like you before that and now will consider "investing" in a game feature GPU IF I play with it ALL the time. I'm not a serial gamer, playing all the new games. I'm particular and really play a LOT of online coop but older games with friends.

So I count the "hours" I would invest in a feature.

Thinks like SSAA, AO, ambient illumination, 4K, etc... matters to me ONLY if I spend a ton of time in a game world that supports and benefits from it.

I mainly rotate among these games - Half Life Sven Coop, Gmod, GZDoom with some Duke 3D and Blood (first one) thrown in, GTA 3, SA, VC and 4 (modded), ARMA 3 (was ARMA 2)... some kids games with the family like Roblox because it is like a kids version of Gmod without all the R rated stuff...

Those are my "poker" nights.

The hype around Cyberpunk is huge... If it is a real open world game, with an "eff" ton of features, mod support and RTRT, I would buy one of the Godzilla class GPUs if I know I will play it more than 2 hours a day...

I just looked at ARMA 3 to see how much I play it... over 8000 hours since Alpha launched... so if I would invest the same amount of time into CP, a $500-800 GPU would be between 0.10-0.40 USD per hour and enjoying RTRT out of it. Totally worth the price of admission.

If I'm just gonna blow through Cyberpunk in 20 hours, then yes, it would be a dumb entrance fee to pay just for one game.

I hope ARMA 4 would support RTRT. The developer can add RTRT to DayZ for example as a test, and if they did, then it would be complete no brainer for me to invest for "one game" knowing they will carry forward RTRT to their next game.

Let's see how it goes...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Fox2232 likes this.
  8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X