1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyberpunk 2077 demo was running a NVIDIA Titan RTX

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 18, 2019.

1. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Not only does that seem likely, but also welcome. Crysis may have been mediocre as a game but it really helped push the hardware industry, and we haven't really had a good replacement. It took a long time for a mid-range PC to run Crysis smoothly.

Like Crysis, Cyberpunk so far appears to be well-built, it's just very demanding. So, if Cyberpunk ends up being the new "can it run" benchmark and a good game, we might finally have another game to push the GPU industry forward.

I just hope that there will be a cut-down version of Cyberpunk that is basically just used for benchmarking purposes. Games nowadays are huuuuge.

Maddness likes this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Cool story bro.

As you say yourself, there is a bit of space to the top. Like I said too.

3. Jawnys

Jawnys Member Guru

GPU:
    zotac amp extreme 1080ti
    you could even had the 7700k in there, i run mine at 5.05 ghz and my samsung d-die kit 3200 at 3733 and it still game awesome with my 1080ti

4. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Ha. Remember Star Fox on the SNES?

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Anything that's on screen is not "life". But light from every single pixel of screen is raytraced as it is cast to surroundings, bounced, warps...
    Therefore everything I see in my life is raytraced. Including images on the screen regardless of how they were made.

Same way as when you look at painting on the wall. It may be flat, but that what you see is raytraced as long as there is light.
    Too bad, nVidia went RTX route, not accelerator card route.

6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Any excuse to show this video and I will.

airbud7 and jbscotchman like this.
  7. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Did not blow me away. Looked very good.

But need to see more.

8. phawkins633

phawkins633 Member

GPU:
    Zotac 2080ti Amp
    "8700K/8086K/9700K/9900K = Best gaming CPU's."

Until July 7th....then, nope...

9. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    I am disappointed, I hoped it ran on a Nintendo Switch.. [/s]

10. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Strix
    Game still look very good with all the settings to the maximum value which honestly is kind of sad since it's a 12 years old game. It doesn't look dated very much it's like it has been released like 5-6 years ago or something.

schmidtbag likes this.

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Someone tell me the last time that CD Projekt RED released a game that didn’t cripple high end GPUs at launch?

I think people expecting to max out this game day one will be disappointed.

Maddness and fantaskarsef like this.
  12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Breathtaking

Koniakki likes this.
  13. Embra

Embra Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    I think the worry here is that Cyberpunk 2077 is a much anticipated game.
    Everyone wants to be able to enjoy playing it and not worry about have to tone down quality.

Maddness likes this.
  14. torsoreaper

torsoreaper New Member

GPU:
    This is pretty much the most important thing. I'd be willing to buy another RTX 2080 but I'm not willing to go through the hassle of selling my current card and buying a new card. Ebay is too shady and I don't wanna deal with someone from craigslist. There needs to be a better way to buy and sell video cards.

sKutDeath likes this.
  15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Bringing GPU to its knees with Uber-AA made very little visual difference. And one did not lost much by not enabling it. But When there are effects covering large areas of screen and IQ impact will be big, reducing/disabling IQ options will come at heavy price.

That's fundamental difference. And it is not like it times of HW having PS/VS for 1st time. There people got new effects which could not be simulated in any way by old generation HW.
    But here, you are getting DX-R vs. gimped out traditional methods. Therefore people with non-DX-R capable HW get to play at worse IQ than their HW can do.
    And they are supposed to pay price for those who have enough horsepower to enable those DX-R effects they can't enjoy.

And it remains to be seen how CDPR handles DX-R OFF rendering before they deserve any preorders.

Loophole35 likes this.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    CDPR however have been one of the few “good guys” in the game development world that makes AAA titles. So as of now I’m optimistic of their handling of the IQ settings without Nvidia’s crippleware enabled.

airbud7 and Maddness like this.
  17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    I am not so sure, at least for a few years because you need DXR capable hardware to bring it to its knees.
    Anything before the NVidia 10xx cards cannot use DXR and no AMD cards can. IGPs nope.
    When not using DXR it will run very well on good hardware, unlike Crysis.
    This is the state of what must be well over 99% of gamers, no DXR.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    airbud7 likes this.
  18. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Pre-order
    Canceled

19. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    Honestly this is one of the things I love about PC gaming, going back and playing older games with new hardware can offer a totally new experience. I bought a Geforce 770 2gb in anticipation for The Witcher 3 and was very excited about hairworks. Well hairworks totally killed my fps, and it's only now I can run the game with max settings, 1080p, hairworks, AA, and get 70-100fps on average with the HD Reworkt Mod.

Yes Cyberpunk is gonna be very demanding, but it will also be a game that has great replay value that will only get better with time. Hell I'm on my 5th play of the Witcher 3 and it looks and runs better than ever.

airbud7 and Maddness like this.
  20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    My pre-order was $28 USD noway in hell I would cancel that.Why would anyone care what computer they ran a demo on.
    There will be new cards released next year and people will buy them and run the game fine,any reasonable card now will be able to run the game now fine.
    What someone should not expect is to run the game on a 2 core CPU and a GPU from 2010.The game will be released in 2020 FFS.
    Hell I may even run the game on RTX2080 @1080p I would be fine with that and if I am not fine with that I will buy something better.

Aura89, airbud7, Maddness and 2 others like this.