Custom Fan Profile possible issue on RTX3080

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Vogon, Sep 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vogon

Vogon New Member

GPU:
    MSi RTX3080 GXT
    Hi people, just checking if its me or if there is a little glitch.
    I want to mimic the fan stop feature on the card, but at a lower temperature, as well as raise the fan speed under load.
    The thing is even though I have set my fan speed to 0% on the custom profilethe fan will not go below 35%.
    It may be due to user error, but as far as I can tell I am doing everything correct. The fan does spin up to the desired speed at the desired temperature.
    Or it may be that the card is so new its not yet 100% compatible.
    Card is MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio.

Thank you

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

You cannot go below minimum fan speed allowed by BIOS.

3. Vogon

Vogon New Member

GPU:
    MSi RTX3080 GXT
    Hi Unwinder, Thanks for the reply (and this fantasttic program).:D
    The stock GPU behavior is fans to be at stop when the temp is below 60 deg C, I presumed the card BIOS determines this or is it something else ?
    I was trying to turn the fan to mimic the factory settings but only when the temperature is below 40 deg C, so if anything "safer" than the stock.
    I do notice when I bring up the custom fan graph there is a dashed line at 30 deg c.
    I am using software version 4.6.3 beta1.

Many Thanks

4. SweatyBumSmell

SweatyBumSmell New Member

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    I just registered to say I have the same issue, I've got a Palit RTX 3080 GamingPro, it has the fan stop at idle function but if you try to use a curve in AB it won't let the fans turn off and has a minimum speed of 30%, also the fan control doesn't seem to work right, if I were to say, set it to 50% manually, the fans will actually spin at 35% and when following any kind of fan curve the fan speed seems to not follow the curve properly.

I'm using the newest Nvidia drivers as of today and fresh installed the newest beta 2 of MSI AB.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Why do I need to repeat it twice that you CANNOT and NOT SUPPOSED TO go below minimum BIOS defined fan speed? Spamming the same question in multiple threads, especially right after anwser given above is not tolerated. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.