Custom computer builder....Terrible experinece.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by JEFFRO503, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none

Oh just wait Jae-so.....he'll go on like this for hours to try and prove his point. I have over 30 emails from him in the last 12hrs...and about 60 pages.....99% of it is stuff that makes no sense. It's comical.

2. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    He builds computers out of his little bedroom he rents at a house. It looks like a tornado went through it. He has no dealers license or any type of a legal business at all. He's a total fraud to say the least.

3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    problem will arise when someone can't, won't accept reality.

4. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    can't wait for some of the other Gurus to jump in here and debate him on some of this technical type stuff I don't know about. I don't know the "spec stuff' like a lot of people , but I know when a complete hack tries to do a job and pawn it off like a master piece..and then NAME the customers computer after HIMSELF! HAHA!!........would you guys put your name on that thing? Or even the water tower?

5. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    hehe we will take great care of him :flame:

6. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    This is awesome!! And this is why I have always loved this place!

7. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    This contractual dispute needs resolving elsewhere. Nothing is going to be resolved here.

I think there are lessons for both sides to be honest. If you want someone to build you a custom PC then make sure that they are competent to do it by checking out their previous work and getting recommendations. If they are trading and taking income they should be registered for tax and also have insurance against negligence/ contract isuues.

For the builder. I think he needs to accept that the photos really do show a poor build. Many of us here could do better, much better.

8. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none

I agree with you 100%. I am glad Nick signed up here though so he could at least try and state his side of the case. I have nothing to hide and never have. It's like a kid who got caught stealing candy out of the candy jar....and he's pissed that he got caught.

9. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
  10. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070

11. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    It's unique :p

edit: I agree.. looks horrible.. but you must admit.. It's so horrible, it's looking sexy again.. :D

12. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    WHOA! I can tell ya one thing....it looks better than what my water tower did.

13. Jae-So

Jae-So Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    Lol if you say so :3eyes:

14. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No one else submitted, I'm not kidding.

15. wasteomind

wasteomind Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 ti
    Because aside from running a server of some sort, I've never heard of any desktop computer using that much. I stress that I have never heard of it. Doesn't mean it exists. So out of curiosity I asked the question.

I don't work in IT, I don't build custom rigs for other people, so I'm not sure your logic applies? Was it rude of me to ask?

16. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
  17. zinjin

zinjin Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga
    No it wasn't rude at all, nor did I take it as such.
    Just a few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of working on a decked out PC that had 16Gigs of ram, and all the guy does with it is play games, was one sweet machine, and not once did I ask why he needed all of that, instead we sat down and talked shop, and traded ideas on adding this or that to it.

It is one of those questions that is a pet peeve of mine. Like I said before, when a customer comes in and wants a computer with all kinds of RAM, I just take down the order, send it over to purchasing and get the parts ordered, and build it. Who am I to question why a person needs that much RAM? None of my business, is the way I see it. I think all computers should be maxed out as much as they can be, might as well get all the bells and whistles with complete turbo package to accompany it.

My boss is one to ask me why this customer thinks he needs this or that, and why I didn't change the customers mind on what they wanted. My boss and I differ greatly on builds and as such most customers come in and ask for me by name, instead of him or the other techs.
    I almost cringe when I see him come through the door with a recent work order.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  18. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    I sure wish i would of ran into you about a month ago Zin! Are you saying that you don't call your customers dumb and things like that , and they have no idea what they are talking about? I ran into a computer builder like that once. Glad to see you actually treat people with respect. I'll also bet you build a nice system and don't try to take advantage of your customers either.

19. zinjin

zinjin Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga

When a customer comes in, I get a page to the conference room, the customer tells me what they want, I take down the info and I do offer some suggestions that would make their build better, and I never talk down to them, I lay out different ideas for a build, based on what they want. I believe in building a computer that can be useful down the road vs. building one just to get by, like my boss tries to push. I always push the high end quality components, and tell them they are free to stop by anytime or call during the build, most of the time at the end of the day I give them a status update call and let them know where it stands in its completion stage.

My boss and I fight all the time in this regards, he feels that no one needs that kind of power in a computer, only for me to tell him, who gets to most builds here? HMMMMMM? It usually ends up with me telling him, it is not your decision on what a customer wants or needs, mind your own business, be happy you are making money and GTFO. HA.

20. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    Good for you Zin! That's the way it should be done. Your boss should just take a step back and let you do your thing. It obviously gives you more clients than any of the other techs....including your boss. Something to be proud of man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.