Custom computer builder....Terrible experinece.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by JEFFRO503, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    Those are some really clean looking builds! Not sure where to even start on this thing.

2. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    Ok....so I ran the Uniengine bench test just now , and I'm trying to figure out where the hell it saved the test? It asked me , and I tried to save it to the desk top and it aint there. I did the test twice , but I think it was kind of worthless with this cheesy monitor I have right now. It's a viewsonic 22" that only goes to 1680X1050. I "was" thinking of getting 3 new monitors....but looking at the space on my desk....I may just say screw it , and pick up a good 27" and be done with it.

Ok....so from what the test showed , it said on DX 11 I had a max frame rate of like 148 and min of 32.9. I don't think the system was being pushed very hard on this , as everything stayed below 48 degrees. But sh!t......it's only running 1680X1050!

One other thing......there are like 60 friggin' operations going on in the back ground that is setup on the start up menu. I know some of these things dont need to be running , so I have to figure out which ones I can shut down , get a descent monitor and re-run the tests.

3. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    Damn it.....

4. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011

5. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    Dude ... you got it ruff m8, too bad i cant swing by to fix that **** up !

6. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    Sorry for the blog type thread here....but I'm just learning. I just found a program on here called MSI after burner , and it seems I have it set on the lowest setting out of 5 profiles. The other 4 seem to be OC quite a bit compared to this one I'm running here. Off to work now , and will try again this evening.

7. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Here is a quick idea. Why don't you download a program that will let someone else control your computer remotely and have them optimize it for you; probably take an hour max and a small gift through paypal.

8. Poison

Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    I wouldn't pay that guy if the rig looks like that. lol

9. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    ugly, Id be so pissed if I recieved that, needs some serious cleaning and cable managment. The guy has no shame obviously, what a wanker.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    This

11. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    Well, all in all, Jeffro finally got his system. Albeit late and with horrible/total lack of cable management.
    Congrats and enjoy!

12. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Well I hope you have learnt your lesson. for 5 hours of your life sourcing components and the build you could have done it yourself. Instead you paid some random guy on a forum to do it for you and paid the price.

No sympathy for you.

13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Not into the wiring job on that thing, especially the red/black fan cable.

Nice otherwise.

14. wasteomind

wasteomind Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 ti
    Yeah the case is kinda messy, but honestly I'm more appalled at the mickey mouse rig for the hanging radiator in the waterbox....

15. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    HA!....some good replies.....and believe me.....I get more pissed every time I look at these things!

I came to the conclusion , that as far as the water tower goes , i'm going to get another case and make the thing myself from the ground up , using some of the parts from this water tower. I'm going to take my time , and make it look as good as I can.

I think I may start a whole new thread , and start it off on a positive note. And just use it as a blog for myself and see if people want to come in and give advice. What's done is done I guess.

Quick question though. if you look at the inside pic of my case here >> http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff407/Jeffro503/?action=view&current=July11pictures028.jpg , you can see that he had taken off the shroud and two stock fans because the fans stopped working after he had it up and running for a while. So he took them off , and replaced them with some 80mm fans......but it looks like sh!t !

Should I tell him I want him to RMA this card and get a new one? Or did he void the warranty because he removed the shroud and fans?

DrSin....I hired him to do a job , and this is what he came back with. Not everyone knows how to build computers. I want to learn to do it the right way , but was intimidated by doing so. And yeah....I did learn my lesson......I'm doing all my own work on it now.

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Maybe...

I wouldn't mind anticupidon making a pc for me though :)

17. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

Voided the warranty 110%. They may be nice enough to offer you a replacement fan/heatsink for a small fee if you tell them your story.

18. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    Just can't catch a break here. 1 of the new WD 640 HD's just failed.

19. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Oh the months thing was really calibrating the OC, the airflow took about a couple hours ... but since it was a small case, it did take me months to get that going.

Now, with a much bigger case, I don't have to do that anymore.

deltatux

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP

I will ask you the OP one question....

Can you or have you completed a jigsaw puzzle in your life time?

If the answer is yes (which it more than likely is), then you can build a PC.

This is what I say to everyone looking to build their own rig. Then I also say these word to them as well... "Never ever skimp on a PSU or Motherboard as these are the two most important components in the rig".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.