Custom computer builder....Terrible experinece.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by JEFFRO503, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    It took me almost 3 hours to rebuild my rig (transfer it from one case to another, cable management took 2 hrs of it) so ya, it takes time which some people just don't have.

deltatux

2. humonculus1987

humonculus1987 Banned

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    It really doesn't take time. Its so god damn easy even for idiots who know nothing about computers. All it is is putting legos together in a way. Very few crucial steps.

3. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    Sooooo... when nick put together my masterpiece it shouldn't of taken 30+ hours? So far he's the only person to say it took longer than 5 hrs to be honest.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    30+ hours? He's not building a garage now.

At the most it should take me 4 hours, but this is getting cable management going, getting it together, getting Windows setup, then getting my OC down. Granted, I've never done a WC build but even still I can't imagine it would take 30+ hours.

5. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    For thirty hours it better look like this:

[​IMG]

6. zinjin

zinjin Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga
    Why be so hard on yourself, you did a fine job and should be proud of your build.
    I think you did a great job. :thumbsup:

7. zinjin

zinjin Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga
    Well the reason it took him 30 hours to build it, was because he was busy creating a work of art, and finding ways to mod the hell outta video cards with such care and precision and the OC took time too you know.

Aw hell, who am I kidding, the guy was a complete moron, messed up tried to find a way to fix it and failed at it.

The other thing I'd like to add is. man this thread exploded while I was at work, and find that nic was banned. Shame, I was looking forward to his useful idiot, mindless rants.

8. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Master Guru

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    Agreed, nice and clean job.

9. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Yeah putting those things togehter is super easy, I could do that when I was 13y/o, but cables is where it's at, not everyone know what goes where and google might help but it will still take a lot of time.

10. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    I had a friend do my build for me, took about 8 hours, I delayed it a lot (he likes to take his time when building PC's though, also it was his third build) :)

Old pic (from august last year, a few things have changed since, might try and get some new photos soon)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

11. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    Holy sweet jeebuz! That is an incredible build! And Postalisback....that thing is lookin' pretty sweet to. I did a search on google for "watercooled PC"....and there is some incredible machines out there.

12. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Thanks, it's a pretty basic build, I like to keep things simple you could say... :p

Back of motherboard tray...

[​IMG]

Some of the cables are different now though, my friend redid it for me a few months ago as my intake fan wouldnt power on on a cold boot (problem with connectors, sorted now however) :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  13. humonculus1987

humonculus1987 Banned

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    30 hours? 5 hours is even a LONG time.

14. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    yep........30 hours is what he said it took him. I haven't talked to one person here or any other forum that has said it took them longer than about 5 hours. In fact , my couple other thread ( maybe this one too? ) a couple guys posted the pics of rigs they built in 3 hours....and they look amazing! Gives me confidence on my first build when the time comes. You can get some great ideas to by looking at some of the rigs on this site.....some guys are amazing builders!

15. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    DUDE!.....you are not supposed to show that side! Ever! hehe! Supposed to make people think the computer runs magically with no wires.....or very little anyways.

16. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Mine :)

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

And the horror side:

[​IMG]

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    You got gypped so bad, that thing looks completely awful. I've assembled computers for friends before and I would never even think of doing that bad of a job. I'm as obsessive building a comp for someone else as I am when I build my own.

18. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    Ice....you mean me? Well , on the Computer I didn't get ripped off , and weather Nick wants to admit it or not...we both walked away with what we own. I proved it over and over. On the water tower.....yeah , even though he has that piece of crap , I lost Over $400.00. Actually....exactly $430.00.

My case and PS....$200.00
    Cost for him to build..$480.00

Total of $680.00....which was paid in full. I gave it back , and in his own words , he would credit me $250.00. So yeah....it was a $430.00 loss on my part. I know it was just a Beautiful piece of machinery....but I just didn't feel worthy keeping it. :pc1: :biggun:

19. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    Brute.....may I ask what case that is? That thing looks really good.

20. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega/Navi
    Cooler Master 690 II ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.