Custom computer builder....Terrible experinece.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by JEFFRO503, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Lazy!

It's basically a contract dispute. The customer contracted with a person to supply to them a custom build. The build quality was very poor (see the pics)

Basically anyone selling in the course of a business must use ' reasonable care and skill' and provide a product that is 'fit for purpose'. It is quite clear to me that the PC supplied was built by a n00b. It looks awful and despite it actually working, it is put together is such a shoddy fashion that you have to wonder how long it would last?

If there is no written contract then the terms of the contract are what was agreed expressly, or verbally between the parties. If emails were traded then there could be agreed terms in writing also.

The buyer is entitled to repudiate the contract and demand a replacement or a full refund if the item is not fit for purpose. If it goes to court the winning party will also claim interest as well as damages.

If the buyer claims then the heads of claim will be in Contract and Negligence.

2. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    @JEFFRO503,

Re-do your Photobucket links, it appears they are broken.

3. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    Are you sure? It seems to be working for me here. try this link here >> http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff407/Jeffro503/

I have it set on public , not private. BTW....I gave him the credit on each picture to show his accomplishments. :)

4. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    I didn't see this photo before.

[​IMG]

He drilled trough the motherboard? CPU block not fit?... O_O

5. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Yeah because it's extremely easy for you and YOU think it will be the same for everyone. You are wrong in so many ways. I am Afghan and unlike other cultures we tend to stay in touch with all our relatives. Most of my relatives -- actually all of my relatives have some sort of degree in medical and none of them know sh*t about computers. I have built like 10 pcs so far for my relatives and when I go on to tell em what did I put in and how much did it cost, their response: O_O So yeah saying an idiot can put a pc together is completely wrong, people I know aren't even idiots :/ Look at things from others' pov as well not just yours...

Edit: To OP: Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I see that picture and my initial reaction is...

What the ****?!

7. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    BTW....all the thermal paste you see there is only about 1/3 of what was on it. The water block had a lot more on it and it was squeezed around the edge.

As far as the holes go , i think they may have been there originally , but I can't be sure. either way , he bored one of them out to about twice the size , because he had one oddball sized screw for the used water block. Which he was trying to get me to pay for as if it was new and another $9.00 for a back plate........there wasn't one! Just another hidden gem I found in this computer he built. The other hole....I don't know what he was doing there , but he had this black glue type stuff on both holes and splattered on the board. Along with pieces of black electrical tape as well........which I have no idea what that was about.

8. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    Choosing parts is more difficult than actually putting a computer together.

The building part is as simple as just plugging things in and occasionally looking at the motherboard manual.

The thing I hate seeing is how geeks intentionally use technical terms just for the sake of sounding smart rather than being helpful.

Over-complicating things with psychobabble is unnecessary and a waste of time for the person trying to learn.

9. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    I hear ya Beast. I have about 100 pages of babble from nick in the past couple days. I dedicated this pic just for him >> http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff407/Jeffro503/?action=view&current=Nickthestalker.jpg

I actually have way more than that...they are just spread out a little more. he typed for like 36hrs strait! HAHA!

10. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    The links from post #200 are not working for me anyway.

11. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none

I just fixed them ( i think ? ) go ahead and try it out now in post #200. If they don't work....just go here >> http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff407/Jeffro503/

And see everything in it's full glory!

12. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    They are fixed, thanks.

I will refrain from commenting on the pictures.

I will share my current build.

Not the greatest, I know.

But then again, I only do it for myself, I am not a 'professional'.

13. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Hey, nice case there. :thumbup:

14. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none

DUDE??....that looks awesome as far as I'm concerned! I hope when I get mine all put back together it will look that clean! I have some ideas I'm playing around with here , but until I actually get a MB here to figure out how I'm going to route things , it's all a guessing game. Nice looking rig man!

15. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    you will get your dream computer..
    i wanted mine so bad years ago ,i ended up owning too many...
    1 main rig a htpc and a netbook is more than enuff

16. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    @Postalisback,

Thank you.

@JEFFRO503,

Thank you.

Just stick with the guys here at G3D, and you will have your rig up and running before you know it.

17. humonculus1987

humonculus1987 Banned

GPU:
    evga GeForce GTX560 Ti
    Google "How to build your own computer" and click on the first link. I bet you'll find the whole tutorial! So yeah it is easy.

18. JEFFRO503

JEFFRO503 Guest

GPU:
    none
    I actually learned a lot by just removing all the parts from my case. I noticed that a lot of the cables and so forth are marked , and the motherboard has them as well. I have helped put together a few computers years ago , but the layouts were a little different along with a lot of the plugs. When I took mine apart the other day , I just took my time , and tried to take mental notes on where everything was supposed to go. Damn it.....I can't wait to build this thing!

19. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    That's true, but I don't think anyone with a full time job and family is ready to do that, it takes time.

20. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    What this guy said, guru3d has some amazing people and I say that because my past two amazing pcs were built with guru3d members' help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.