1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Case (Monster2)

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Pablo, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    Are they any good?

2. laka

laka Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 950/1400
    i LOVE mine

3. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    yeah, not as good build quality as Nocturas, but cfm per noise factor is very good.

They also do them in a smoked look now.

The 2 rear exhaust are the 140mm ones, ive not tested them yet, but the 120s are ace.

4. tehalirigsho

tehalirigsho Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 SC
    Epic build pablo! I actually like the white finish, but that panther looks wicked sick!

5. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    thanks, yeah, the white is nice, was also thinking artwork, or no artwork.

I know the artist will do an ace job as usual, so, will know for sure on december 20ish.

6. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    they are OK i supose i have had a few that squiel when bolted in and have tried all sorts of bolts and unles ure holding it, it still squiels

they do look mint thogh :)

specialy on black :)

[​IMG]

and pablo did you find those bolts u were looking for ?

carnt wait to see what it looks like when done

7. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    have started making my own bolts in ally, then can get anodised.

I know, im crazy, but just couldnt find what i was looking for no.

8. Luvabud

Luvabud Master Guru

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    That is a very nice case you've designed and built, so much so I want to do one my self. I have an Amada punch, folder and powder coating and a 100 year old lathe at work, so that's a plus. I'm gonna think about this, see if I can come up with anything decent, after christmas that is, holiday starts next week w00t!!!

Congrats on a fine job:thumbup:

9. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    That would be great, some nice equipment you have, even old lathes if maintained are fine, I used a colchester as it goes, Really wish had own powdercoating capabilities, would be a real plus yes.

I tried to design it so that it was actually possible for me to make.

I would of loved to off added bits to make it less boxy, but had to be realistic, maybe next time, with something more arty.

looks like still 20th for sending off for artwork.

Artist tends to spend around 60 hours on it, so wont see it for a while, but hes great at sending progress. Pics etc.

10. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    Ok not been doing much on this lately, due to work etc etc.

Anyhow, i did buy a silverstone 180mm fan for front.

Ok im not an engineer of airflow dynamics etc, but this is working out just nice, flow is good, fan is a touch noiser than i was hoping, but within specs,

Keeps the drives cool and goes under the bottom compartment and up through the mesh in mid section.

The case is large, so has a lot t cool, but im guessing will work just fine, mid way on fan speed seems ok, may turn up higher, i guess it seems quite noisy as there are no components in the case yet, apart from this fan, im testing on a 12v supply i made for testing purposes, tests my fans and pumps etc, very handy.
    Im not big fan of shorting out an atx psu, bit big when doing simple testing work.

I plan on putting the fan controller onto the front panel (drawing adjusted) but for prototype, will drill out very carefully (as powdered).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have made the front mesh for the fan to suit 140mm or 200mm fans, however coz its me, i decided to buy a 180mm fan.

Ive fitted it ok, but it goes through the mesh and not the mounting holes.
    Drawing is hard to adjust on this one to suit 180mm pitched fans (odd size).. Drawing will be adjusted when i get brain into gear.

It doesent appear that there is any vibrations, so all is ok on that point.

He He, i only fitted a fan, but was fun.... have enough space to allow for deeper fans also, if they appear.

It seems impossible to account for every future possibility, but im giving it a good go.

Just need some nice bits to turn it into a working pc next.

11. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Correct screws now bought and fitted, m4 brass ones, rads sit fine now as intended

[​IMG]

Rads are 2 360 black ice sr jobs.

will end up as 2 blue fillports, when backorder comaes in.

theese will feed to the split bay res, 1 to each side.

got few pumps,

Will post some internal pics later.

2 loops, and still room easy for 2 more+

Sorry, photography as bad as ever, looks misty my oics, but looks great with my eyes.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  12. ottoyu34

ottoyu34 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 2-way SLI
    Look awesome.
    keep it up

13. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    Two rads in the roof, thats awesome.

14. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 380 4gb
    Just awesome, keep up the good work :thumbup:

15. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    Thanks guys, the dual rads in roof, was basically the main start point of this product, was to avoid rads in bottom, have them all stored away in roof to keep neat.

However, i still ended up with space for 2 quads in bottom.

Gonna try set up dummy loops, see if i can get all 4 in ok, then add 1 more just for a laugh.

However, likeley to be tripple loop usage for me max.

Blue loop gfx
    Orange loop cpu
    black loop not sure, prob vregs/nb etc?

All suggestions welcome, as idea of this case is to try suit every option (impossible task i know).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please note, just playing around at moment, for best positions etc,

waiting for bits, so test fit is mostly what youl see at moment, pumps will be 3 on the shelf all d5s with ek tops, all neat hopefully,

also room below for another 2 loops with typhoon3(which not happy with) res/pump thing.

More playing tomoz.

Until i get the split res thing, cant do too much more at moment.

Really wanna do wet run on loop, with no mobo etc etc

With all theese lit fans, dont need any internal lighting.... Well i doubt it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010

16. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    Looking f'rggin epic!

cant wait to see it finished!

17. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    No pics today......

have mounted rads into top using correct screws now, hurried home to buy some m4*10 brass screws, to find out shop had sneaked out 10 mins early.

There was me sweating, to get there in time, 10 miles by bus and walk, Luckily, was another place on the estate that had em, so was good.

Flushed the rads this morning, wasnt gonna bother as are BI, always been fine for me, so flushed, and as usual, clean as normal, infact water coming out seemed cleaner than that was going in... he he.

As i say, wont mention shop, but annoyed still waiting bits on back order, spent £500, and you seriously dont get much for your money any more.

Oh well, guess maybe coz of cost of the rads?.. BI Sr 360s
    £125 each..... Scary on minimum wage.

Still waiting for other blue fillport, shop only had 1... grrrrr, dont know when another coming in, im so tempted to turn my own, and get anodised, may end up quicker.?

I think looks ok with 1 blue and 1 black, but due to demand, told will look better if both blue?.

mobo tray and midshelf are painted only, they have taken a few knocks, so will have to end up getting theese powdered afterall.

Im thinking maybe mobo tray should be white?

Let me know, what you recon? keep it blue? or change it to white.

Or change midshelf instead to white.??????????????

Hope the 2 rads in the roof, give you an idea of the size of this thing.... He He, wont be going to Lans with this....

Dam thinking of adding a life ring holder to side of the case, coz if it leaks, youl get drowned otherwise.

Till next update....... (wont be mobo yet)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  18. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    I would keep the mobo tray blue - looks really good. Are there any white motherboards out there? That would be a wicked combination!

In my mind the orange fans/coils don't really work for the whole colour set-up. Maybe stick to white and blue? The front fan-intake looks excellent, but you need to be careful about dust pollution. With 2 triple-rads you will have a lot of negative pressure, so think about a filter behind the mesh to keep out the particles. Again, maybe keep it simple and exchange the blue screws to white ones? Minor details of course, the setup is great as it is! can't wait to see it when it's finished!

19. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    Ok, points noted, see what i can do, just spent alot on the orange fans, but hey, can be changed i guess.

Ok orange fans remooved mostly, top ones xigs in clear, same spec, dam even more light now.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  20. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    if you get rid off the orange fans i may be intrested in 2 or 3 :)