cud some one tell me my rights

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by michaels, May 7, 2010.

1. michaels

michaels Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7970
    i bought a 4870x2 about a year an a half out from overclockers uk i was wondering if they or the manufacturing company has to give me a full refund as the only giving me £157.00 i hope some one can help me and tell me my rights i would really be grateful thanks in advance

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    it depends on what your card's warranty terms are....if the card died on you they can give you a same card back(but they don't have any new 4870x2 anymore) or a refund, but it depends on what you signed on the warranty...

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  3. michaels

michaels Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7970
    Thanks for your reply, It came with 2 year warranty with manufactor, And a year with overclockers but under eu laws its guarenteed for two years, Either way the the card is under warranty for two years, if it wasnt why would they have given me half my money bk they wudnt of given me anything if they didn't have to. The manufactor is powercolor. thanks any help is much apreciated.

4. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    look up the version of consumer affairs in your country.

in australia, we have the australian competition and consumer commission, and they have set guidelines on what they can and cant do. find something like that for your country.

5. michaels

michaels Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7970
    thanks for reply have done its a bit confusing as here in england we have the EU rules and are country's laws aswell i think the company's here go of the EU laws

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    The manufacturer has to either replace or repair your card.

When you do an RMA don't take it back to where you bought it from, instead deal directly with ATI/Sapphire/ASUS or whoever made it.

Do you have a copy of the Warranty?

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  7. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    1/2 money back, not sure where they got that idea from.

If its under warranty, it has to be repaired, or fully refunded.

You need look up statutory rights aswell i think.

who gave you 1/2 money back, sounds like they trying to buy you off cheap.

very odd?

best to send it back to manufacturer for best results in this case it seems.

Typically uk is 1 year guarantee standard on anything, so you may have to send to manu, although surely your warranty is still with your retailer, then its up to them to claim from manufacturer?

Not 100% sure, but 1/2 money is crazy made up thing for sure.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500

.....after what I've heard about OCUK I wouldn't go near them.

9. @renadier

@renadier Master Guru

GPU:
    2X AMD R280X @ 1072/1250
    mans right,speak to powercolour by phone.they most have a replacement one and try to keep calm..i know its hard with salesman.

10. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    OCUK are a bunch of shysters. Use someone else. I used to deal with Microdirect and they had fantastic customer support when I dealt with them. Dunno about now though.

Also if it's a UK company it goes off UK legislation not the EU. You are still covered by Fair Trade legislation and can claim the other half back off OCUK as they already accepted the card that you returned.