CSGO Stuttering (High DPC latency with NVIDIA Drivers(?)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by paskanmyivat, Jun 3, 2014.

1. paskanmyivat

paskanmyivat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    So, i've had some serious problems while running csgo lately. When using the latest NVIDIA drivers(337.88) i usually have crazy stuttering / input lag.

LatencyMon shows the following = puu.sh/9cRfY/87950069fd.png

I believe someone here knows what could be causing it, i rolled drivers back to 335.23 and its better but stutters still occur sometimes.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87P-D3 rev 1.0 with latest BIOS
    Memory: G.Skill 8gb 1600MHz DDR3
    GPU: MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr OC 2GB
    CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.1GHz
    External soundcard: Asus Xonar DG

i've tried with onboard video(intel hd 4600) & onboard audio(realtek hd) disabled.

2. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    When exactly did your stuttering problems start? Try turning off Shader Cache. Test other games and benchmark programs thoroughly for stuttering so you can help isolate the cause.

3. paskanmyivat

paskanmyivat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    I think it started when i changed my old gpu (AMD HD 7970) to GTX 770. The problem seems to be more consistant on the newer drivers than older ones (335.23) The game was running fine for couple days but the stuttering started yesterday(with older drivers installed), i ran Display Driver Uninstaller and installed the newest drivers and it became even more stuttery, its unplayable now. I believe i didnt have any problems with Battlefield 4, will try later. Need to catch some sleep now :bang:

I'll try turning shader cache off & installing old drivers back.

btw, i dont think im the only one who is having problems with nvidia gpu & csgo right now (see reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/26lflj/anyone_else_getting_stuttering/ )

4. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yup, you are not the one, 2 guys just reported about this at the Geforce forum.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    It is NOT a GPU problem its the game it self.

I get horrible sutter at the end and start of each round. Sometimes during gameplay and its horrible for a twitch shooter like this.

There are massive amount of youtube tutorials and threads open on steam about this issue. It seems that the last few game updates have broken something and not even Valve at this point seem to know what is going on with it.

I have ironed the stutter out a little...

In steam, go to csgo, go to properties, and in launch options type this in

-novid -high -threads X (X being the number of threads your PC has mine is 8)

Now when you open the game, bring up the console window and type in CL_FORCEPRELOAD 1 and hit enter. You need to do this everytime you open the game as it wont set for some reason in the launch options.

With these settings the game is very playable and the stutter has ironed out a little but its still there.

6. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    whats the CL_FORCEPRELOAD do? don't tell me the idiotic devs are streaming textures etc off the HDD while you are playing? that always leads to stuttering.

7. wellison

wellison Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 ASUS Strix 4gb
    im too com from 7950 MSI to GTX 770 Lightining getting frame drops from 70 to 30 fps in Battlefield 4. Its a big troble to play online
    I did everything correctly uninstalled all with DDU from security mode and i cannot fix :(
    If i go with 335 whql drivers i can fix ??

8. Öhr

Öhr Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 5700XT @ H₂O
    I'm on 337.88 and dont experience any stutters in CSGO.

aside from -novid, i dont use any launcher options. i do however have the following settings (of interest) in my config.cfg:
    increase snd_mixahead if you get audiostutters.

question about the latency thingy: the spikes are only occurring while the game is running or all the time?

also, use one of those driver cleaner tools and remove both nvidia and amd drivers and properly reinstall nvidia drivers after a few reboots or something.

also deactivate all the services you dont really need and see if one of them fixes it. if your mobo got a marvell SATA controller, make sure to deactivate it too. they are horrible, especially when cd rom drives are hooked up to them!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  9. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    So you went from AMD to NVIDIA, everything was fine for a few days, then out of the blue your game starts stuttering. The day is started stuttering, was there a Client/Game update also?

When you used DDU, are you using the latest version? Did you remove both AMD and NVIDIA before installing 337.88?

What kind of hard drive do you have?

Try using the launch commands recommended. Also try uninstalling/reinstalling your game. I've done that in the past and it's helped me with problems I've had.

I used to get bad stuttering on my old PC, think it started with the weapon skins update. My new computer, I get light stuttering the first game or two, in the beginning rounds. After that I get zero stuttering.

10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Many people get stutter in this game after an update that was pushed out in May (around 5th May, I think.) There's no sign of Valve ever fixing the problem, or even acknowledging that it exists.

This broke the game for me, pretty much. I have almost 700 hours of total playtime in this game, but in the last month or so, virtually 0 hours. They killed the game and it's not playable anymore for me.

You're not the only one with this stutter problem.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014

11. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    Valve is a joke. They only care about Dota 2. To load console commands as soon as you launch the game, make a file called autoexec.cfg, then put them into it (including host_writeconfig) and place the config you made in cfg folder. If nothing happens, add +exec autoexec in launch options. Have fun.

12. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Hmm. I have also seen this problem, which I still get every 2-3weeks. I traced the problem to the router over-heating. Try turning your router off for 20-30mins and see if it helps.

13. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    There is some issue reported by users with intense frame drop with recent driver. nVidia is aware of the issue and is working with users to reproduce it on their forums.
    Seems to be a GTX 7xx + issues as I personally didnt encounter this on my GTX 690

There is a *possible* workaround for this suggested on the forum.
    Some says that putting your computer into "Sleep" then awaking it, fix the issues.

14. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    No issues on my 670 and 460 system (3770K and G3220 respectively)

This is what I have on my launch parameters for the G3220:

-novid -threads 2 -console -high -refresh 75 +mat_vignette_enable 0 -32bit -processheap +exec personal.cfg

Yes I know Valve asked us not to use processheap anymore, yet the FPS is a lot more stable with it there. Only noticeable on the G3220 as FPS doesn't drop on my 3770K.

15. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    it boggles the mind that a game this graphically simplistic is giving people trouble to run smoothly, this long after release.

16. paskanmyivat

paskanmyivat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    I have Kingston HyperX 3K 128gb ssd, have tried formatting and fiddling around with launch options.

I play csgo on quite high level and yes i do know that valve ****ed up with the game's performance since (first?) weapon update came in.

I've had some mini stutters after then (with my old gpu too) but the stutters i have now makes the game unplayable. I have 300+ fps all the time when not streaming and when it starts to stutter its like having 125hz on my mouse instead of 500 & having 60hz on my monitor instead of 144hz. What usually helps for the megastuttering is that i will run DDU and install some older nvidia drivers.

I didnt have any stuttering while testing out Dead Space 3 co-op and Battlefield 4. I do have a friend who has almost the same rig (except i5 2500k and mobo) and he doesnt have any stutters. (Currently using 337.50 drivers)

puu.sh/9dPUW/c43ad38f91.png <- LatencyMon after 4mins of idle.

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It's because the team working on the game has no clue about how the engine works. They change things to try and make the game better or to add skins, then they break the performance and don't know what to do.

Not only is there stutter, but the hit registration is awful too since the last patch.

18. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    It's a story as old as time, lol. Issues always seems to creep up form time to time.

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I can also confirm that the sleep mode fix works

20. thehandi

thehandi New Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX970 4gb
    Another route I use to the supposed sleep fix is to simply log out of Windows & log back in.