CS:S or L4D ?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by [ R ], May 26, 2009.

?

Which Game should i buy

1. Counter Strike Source

19 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. Left 4 Dead

37 vote(s)
    54.4%
  3. Other (post the name pls)

12 vote(s)
    17.6%
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    you got 56k ? :D

2. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    lol your talking about speed =/ remember you downloading the 9mb map and me fighting the wave ... =D who has the slow internet now white , i got cs source and now its downloading =} i hope its worth 20 $

3. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i told you, thats because the servers arent re-directed. :) untill then all servers are slow to download. its the same for css really, if the downloads arent redirected your gonna have to wait ages lol

css is a fun game, got loads of mods too, if you like zombie games, be sure to check out the mod Zombie Master. its epic. just filter the css map names starting with zm

4. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    by the time i finished 2 waves you were half way through =p LOL why dont you come online anymore

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i was online yesterday. i played with Mr.Bigtime and his friend :)
    tonight is footy, so no time im afraid :)

6. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    alright but next time your playing KF can u let me in too ? =}

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    sure np man :)

8. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think you made a good choice, just don't expect to get positive KDR's for a long while :p

9. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    Finally th game drama is over. There are a billion maps people play but the main ones are de_dust (and dust 2), cs_office, italy, aztec...those are all time greats and you need to learn them. After rounds are over (you will be the 1st to die for a while) spectate the other players as them and watch their strategies and positions. In the keyboard options make sure developer console is enabled (the ` key). You will use that to change your name or see your ping and fps (net_graph 1 or 0)

10. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    now im regretting buying this game ... every server i join has a 80% chance of kicking me for my ping =S , i play tf2 kf etc with 200~ ping and i have yet to be kicked from any server guys any help in this regard ? whats valve's refund policy =S , if i would have known that 99.99% of the servers had a 200~ ping limit i would never have bought this game ... no wonder people hate this game so much over here

Last edited: May 29, 2009

11. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    CS:S FTW. although i dont play much CS anymore. i've played since the second beta when it was still a HL mod. the fact that i do play a little from time to time after all these years shows its a game that can always be played.

L4D was fun =/ it would be nice if they updated weapons and maps.

try changing ur search filters in the server list. the 200 ping limit might just be a server config that the owner installed. alot of people dont like running server with high pings.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  12. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    L4D is a bore unless you enjoy killing zombies that continually look the same. For Zombie killing I play COD5. Based on your list I'd say get Orange Box and buy CS:S through steam which is $19 or less. For about $50 you get a bunch of games including Team Fortress 2 which is a lot of fun.