CS guns

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Locke128, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Locke128

Locke128 Guest

What are the real names for the guns in CS? The mod or Stand-alone? Or neither? Or a combination? I know they are both close. THNX

2. David Deed

David Deed Don Alfa Terga Inconiti

GPU:
    Geforce 6600
    All the weapons in CS are real. Everything about them is real (except some things the mod team changed... i.e.-accuracy, penetration, kill ratio). Even the names for the weapons are real.

3. MumblyJoe

MumblyJoe Guest

well, if you bought the retail the names of the guns are different.. the Desert Eagle is called "Magnum" and such in the retail, i remembering seeing a patch that changed all the names to the real ones

4. rednas2001

rednas2001 Guest

yes, for example : my friend has retail and i have the mod,<br>
    with the retail the name of a gun is <b>bullpup</b>and with the mod it is <b>steyr AUG</b>, and the real name is steyr aug, ya see ?

5. Locke128

Locke128 Guest

That's what I thought. It's just I've heard of a Meyer Bullpup in other games before.(console, mostly) But I know Desert Eagle, Glock, Mac-10, M4, etc. are the real names. So I was just wonderin'. Are the manufacturer's names are real, too?

6. crapshot

crapshot Guest

The names in teh MOD version are correct - to change the retail version get someone with the mod version to mail you the titles.txt file from their cstrike folder.<br>
    <br>
    Creapshot.

7. crapshot

crapshot Guest

DOH - cant even type my own name now<br>
    <br>
    CRAPSHOT.