1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CS:GO YouTuber McSkillet died in car crash, a mother and daughter killed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 27, 2018.

1. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Your very right, here in michigan it's no fault wich makes it so much worse I know people that are screwed now becuase of someone else and insurance will pay only so much and your on your own disability or not.

2. Mundosold

Mundosold Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 560
    Maybe, maybe not, many months or years down the line. That does not pay for funeral costs and bills due right now though.

3. Valken

Valken Maha Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Sad anyway we look at it. RIP to all victims...

4. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1080
    Yes lets not think.

5. NewTRUMP Order

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1080
    Lol you are the kind this is meant for lol.

6. NewTRUMP Order

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1080
    You can't legislate stupidity. If you could there would be no politicians.

7. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Who gives a crap about a youtuber? Thousands of people die every day, and some much more important than this. I don't remember news about them though.

austin865a likes this.
  8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Yeah, their self-preservation level is over 9000.

But one can still dream.
    As you could have notice, he killed lady and her daughter. And people here think more about them than that particular out-of-control guy.

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Just a heads up, anyone disrespecting anyone in this thread will have actions taken against them.

austin865a and Solfaur like this.
  10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    Maybe to highlight the need for mental awareness and support? I don't know the story about this guy, I don't know if he killed himself intentionally or he's an immature kid with a sportscar or whatever.. but it seems like more and more people that I'd expect to live relatively good lives are killing themselves or taking their depression/aggression out on other people.. whether through suicide or mass shootings or whatever.

I grew up in an upper-middle class neighborhood and the general response to depression and/or bullying was "stop being a pussy".. people that went to therapists/psychologists were considered weak, losers, etc. This was just prevalent throughout my childhood, in schools, etc. I was of similar mindset until I got out of college, was over a hundred thousand dollars in debt, lost physical contact with nearly all my friends through various location changes, and had some very close relatives and role models in my life pass away, among other issues. I realized then that depression isn't some random thought you can just magically fix by "stop being a pussy" it's more like being stuck in a mental loop that's really f*cking hard to get out of. My situation wasn't even that bad and while I didn't seek professional help, it took a lot of time and some really good, patient friends, to snap out of it and get my life on track.

While I don't think therapy is going to solve everyone's problems, I'd like to think it's going to help people break that loop and be a significantly better solution than just either ignoring the problem, or randomly labeling people "lunatics" - like you're suggesting, or just telling them to "snap out of it" and expecting it to just magically improve itself. I think highlighting how tragic these events are, raising awareness and making treatment and options available to people is the best way to prevent tragedies like this.

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    If it's one thing I've learned from every time I've come in contact with mental health issues of people is, that there is no general way to look at it. Not everybody can "man up" and swallow depression down, not everybody can be helped with therapy, and not everybody wants to take medication that might or might not help.

Mental health is a one per person medicine, you can't fix all people with one recipy or pill and that's it. And you can't look into a person and see what's happening in them.

Solfaur and Denial like this.