CS:GO - RTSS fps lock don't work

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Bananeq, Jul 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Bananeq

Bananeq New Member

GPU:
    RX 580 / 8GB
    Hi,
    today Valve updated CS:GO with new "Anticheat feature" called "Trusted mode"...

This update block RTSS fps lock, because it is not digitally signed for interacting with CS:GO.
    So for using RTSS must be approved for interacting with CS:GO ...

Can you write to Valve to being approved? RTSS fps locker is the best, I rly don't want to play with 500 fps... :D (CS:GO fps lock is crap, locked 145 fps but it is dropping... while locked with RTSS 145fps - they are stable, no drops)

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It is digitally signed for ages. And it is up to Valve to address it.

3. Y0!

Y0! Member

GPU:
    Intel HD
    OSD is also blocked.

4. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Active Member

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I know this isn't the point of the thread, but do you lock to 145? Surely 144 or 143....

5. ocsystem

ocsystem Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI1070Ti
    why not driver level to lock fps?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  6. xiaomantou

xiaomantou Member

GPU:
    Nvdia GTX950M 4GB
    Still bad if you compared with rtss. I only tried few times but I am sure driver one is not comfortable.

7. Daniel O

Daniel O New Member

GPU:
    iGPU + GTX 1050
    RTSS is signed with Authenticode?
    For RTSS to work on CSGO it must be signed with Authenticode.
    RTSS may not be signed with Authenticode, so you can't use
    CSGO does not accept any signatures other than Authenticode

Authenticode Authenticode Authenticode :D

Attached Files:

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    GlobalSign TSA for MS Authenticode - G2

if valve has a problem with that, its on valves end to fix it.

its also blocking nvidia's freestyle dll's and moron gfe users think nvidia is going to fix that too XD

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

RTSS hook DLLs are already signed during the last few years. The same apply to hook DLLs used by majority of other tools like generic NV overlay, Discord, various antiviruses etc, which are also blocked by trusted mode. "It will work as soon as it is signed, so it is up tho stupid third party devs to sign their tools" is plain wrong info that users keep blindly parroting in CSGO steam community forums without even trying to understand Valve's trusted mode FAQ. I tried to comment it in multiple threads there but it seem to be too hard to understand for majority of players there, so I gave up.
    Reality is that digital signature doesn't matter for trusted mode. No third party modules (both signed and unsigned) are allowed to be injected in game process for trused mode. That's Valve's decision and only Valve can change that.
    Normal mode (-untrusted command line switch) is a less restrictive mode where digital signature does mattter. In this mode injection is allowed but only for hook modules with authenticode digital signature. RTSS already works in this mode because it is already signed.
    Insecure mode (-insecure command line switch) is the only mode where unsigned hook DLLS are allowed, but in this case you're also not allowed to play on VAC-secured servers. If some application you're using is unsigned and works in insecure mode only, but refuses to work in normal (untrusted) mode then (and only then) it needs to be digitally signed to get it working with normal mode too. But there are NO ways to make ANY hook DLL legally working in trusted mode with current Valve restrictions.

Andy_K, Noisiv and Dan Longman like this.