Crytek is hinting at a remastered version of Crysis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2020.

1. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    I am so tired of the remasters. There are so many of them. It's like an admission of inability to create new outstanding games that are unique, as it was the case in the past with titles like Bladur's Gate, Starcraft, WoW (because it was so large scale and brought the MMO genre to the masses), Deus Ex, and yeah, the first Crysis.
    Just make something new and exciting.

2. Paul L

Paul L Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    Very interesting... :)
    I played it through a month or two back. I was laughing quite often whenever I recalled how hard it was to run on anyone's rig back then as I played it flawlessly @ 4K.. Wow just wow finally.
    I do wonder how many would be rage quitting if they fixed the AI, as that at times was it's only saving grace for progression. Yes it was hard at times but it would get stuck & I reckon a lot of us
    were at those moments grateful as we could then take out that glitching NPC ;)

TBH the original Farcry deserves a full remaster, no dumbing down or enhancing the stories joke styles plz. Also I remember first coming to Guru3D to read up on the game & read the discussions on the graphics tech with people posting pics of shiny torpedoes (That was a while back for sure)

3. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G

How soon? xD

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    Remasters can be a good thing if they are built upon. Fixing bugs and better AI helps.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it'll run like ass.

6. Jas39Grippen

Jas39Grippen Member

GPU:
    2080TI
    Absolutely nothing, however it has everything to do with the latest trend of remastering games, want examples ? (Rhetorical question)