Crytek is hinting at a remastered version of Crysis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 25, 2020.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 20.0+
    You know what, they were always cheesy, but I would be down for a remastered version. I actually played through the series a couple of weeks ago (2nd game runs butter smooth over dxvk), though I never liked the story to begin with, other than the setting, action packed parts of the game, cloaking and prophet, warhead was cool, but still felt kind of forced.

2. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    I've been praying to the gaming gods for a Far Cry Remastered version, I so love playing it, but it graphics is so dated now. Would gladly pay for a full retail copy of the game just to play it again......with all bells and whistles updated graphics.

3. goxus

goxus New Member

GPU:
    Strix GTX 1070 oc
    It would be awesome if they remaster Crysis 1 and put some nice multiplayer... i would kill for that! it is absolutely my favourite game.

4. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Even with the 64 bit patch and textures? Looks fine enough to me with the enhanced rocks and beaches and whatnot...the game is still a 2004 DX9.0c game that raised the bar significantly, including HDR. For everything that goes wrong visually at least it's still a 16 year old game:p

5. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Dated graphics bah! Anything from Doom onwards looks good to me.

6. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    Definitely were a lot of great mods that came out for Crysis 1 - I'd imagine we'll see a nice remaster in Cry-engine 3 for this game probably with the Crytek version of mmm what's their version of real time raytracing referred to as again? "computational based" ?

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    All I want from a remaster of Crysis 1 is better performance on newer hardware. Mainly the CPU side as the game barely uses 2 cores at best and modern hardware this leads to CPU bottlenecks. Just update the game to the latest version of Cryengine, improve multimonitor, add support for ultrawides, improve graphics effects like lighting and shadows, and add in higher quality textures.

The game as it is, is still great looking, with these improvements it will allow for people with much more powerful rigs to take advantage of their hardware more and enjoy the game. Adding RT to the mix could lead to a disaster, but I wouldn't mind it if implemented in their own way and not Nvidia's CURRENTLY crappy way of 50%+ lower performance.

Maybe add it in later in a patch but focus on getting everything else right first and delivering a great looking but also well performing version of the game first. Then take the time to implement the RT features better later on when even better hardware from both Nvidia and AMD become available.

Duke Nil and K.S. like this.
  8. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    Didn't know about this, can this patch be applied to the Steam version?

9. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX560 4GB
    We need a remaster for TRESPASSER.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    omg yes I want to look down and see cleavage again don't judge me.

Dimitrios1983 likes this.

11. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Dunno...it's one of those official AMD64 promotion things from way back. Works with the GoG version I have installed (v1.32 64 bit over 1.41 wo. DRM). 64 bit version has its own Bin64 folder so you could always try, I guess.

12. Daytona675

Daytona675 Member

GPU:
    DEVIL13 7990
    I'm waiting for the guys to come out of the woodwork that want to play it at 4K with high refresh rate.

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti + Xtreme III
    Your radar is faulty.

14. Hyderz

Hyderz Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070ti
    When crysis remaster arrives you will hear in your mind ..... MAXIMUM COST ... for your pc requirements... and your wallet will tremble in fear.

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I hope they dont remaster it. But rather completely redo it up to 2020 standards. Then change some of the poor gameplay elements in it, like the mission inside the alien ship.
    Re Far Cry, same. Would not touch it if remastered, only if completely redone. Jack Carvers lame character and poor voice acting needs to be purged from the game.

DeskStar likes this.

16. DeskStar

DeskStar Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 HC
    I'm going to say..... Yes we do....

17. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Honestly wouldn’t mind playing it again without the huge CPU bottleneck and some quality of life improvements.

18. NCC1701D

NCC1701D Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I remember buying this game just to see if I could run it. It was a phenomena of a game way back when. I think I had a 8500 GT at that time, but can't exactly remember. I do remember that It prompted me to buy an 8800 GT that was still met with less than stellar performance by this game. Can't say that I ever finished it. It was more of a benchmarking tool for me. I did really enjoy Crysis 3 and played that one all the way through. Skipped 2 because of the bad reviews. Might pick this up just for nostalgia and to finally beat it!

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    [​IMG]

That's actually John Hammond's azz crack. You were trolled.

Duke Nil likes this.
  20. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    HitokiriX likes this.