Crytek: Graphics Are 60% Of The Game

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 15, 2013.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
  2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    :heh: You are exactly the gamer that crytek is aiming at. On the Boarderlans 2 and bioshock are you seriously telling me you think the gameplay take a backseat to graphics. SMH
    That's just a disgrace might as well just sit there and watch 3DMark benches all day.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I've always said i was a graphics ho since day 1, no biggie imo, i know it's not what the majority go for, but yeah, so long as we get the option to disable AA, DOF and the like i'm in.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you want to disable AA? not exactly a graphics ho then

5. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Before we get round to pinning labels on everything in existence best we get back on topic,
    Well done Cevat, we hear you bro, viva Germany and it's people.

6. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 4GB GDDR5
    gameplay not equal to story, the gameplay of bioshock is blend. The story is good tho. Especially the mind****ed moment.

7. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    ^u didn't get what i said.
    Actually i said pretty same

8. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    Crysis 1, never finished, boring.

Crysis 2, thought about buying, didn't.

Crysis 3, didn't even think about buying it.

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Another positive post on Guru3D yay!
    ThaNKS VERY MUCH!

10. rflair

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    Your sarcasm is unwarranted. Its my opinion of the Devs games and his opening his mouth on the subject.

Look at the new Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite games, both have very nice graphics and both have very good game play and story. I finished TR and enjoyed the game and Bioshock I am finding to be the same.

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    People have different opinions on a wide array of topics. What's the problem?

12. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    with your specs i'd skip them too.

13. Solid_State

Solid_State Member Guru

GPU:
    5870 VF3000A / GT430
    Ya for graphics!

I love my video games, D&D and board games not so much, cards that can also be fun with the right company.

Graphics is what makes video games and explains the massive popularity that traditional games lack.

My GF son age 15 has a modest laptop and with it a furious appetite for retro games. Not living through the time when these games came out makes him overwhelmed with how many games exist. But truthfully he is just doing what he can, I know this because when he is over at my place he is glued to my PC and playing all the latest games I have. His eye's and the look on his face tells all.

"Graphics Are 60% Of The Game" eh maybe.

Yeah my punctuation and sentence structure suck. Deal with it.

14. rflair

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    :)

This PC does surprisingly well.

I have a better spec'd PC, more the household PC which I never get to use, they both have good graphics cards in them, a GTX670 in one and a 7970 in the other. I actually have more of a problem having multiple Steam accounts and being able to play certain games when I want, hate buying multiple copies of games unless they are multiplayer.

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    I'd say it's the other way around on the long run (replayability, etc), more like 40 or 30%.

16. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    crysis 1 was the only game ever existed to date purely 50%-50%...crysis 2 and 3 were 90% graphics - 10% story ...

that 60% is...i won't say...better for me if i open my mouth the ban hammer will fall...crytek tries to do what exactly?

they excuse themselves for the aliens conspiracy and console gameplay they brought on PC? Crysis 1 with the best mods still looks more realistic with a more natural environment. More beautiful graphics DX11 etc, don't mean always more realistic.

17. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I think the percentage for every game is different. I prefer gameplay/story over graphics anytime.

Crysis for example, I thought, had a nice balance between story and graphics. They gave us unreal graphics at the time while still focusing on story. Crysis 2/3 is all graphics and eye candies, which is why it got very boring very quickly for me, just run and gun. And then games like dishonored, which didn't offer next-gen graphics, but provided us with what I thought was a kickass story along with great gameplay mechanics.

I agree, I thought Crysis had better graphics in terms of realism, but Crysis 2&3 had better graphics in terms of "eyegasms", just how I look at it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  18. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armor
    Crysis had an ok story, it was good enough for me to want it to see it through. Crysis 2 was painfully boring, but it was pretty, so I stuck around for the graphics. I quit Crysis 3 having gone through around 15% of the story. The eye candy just wasn't enough to keep me going.

I cherish good storytelling and it's more important to me than eye candy, which is why I still fire up HL2 every now and then. While the visuals are now cringeworthy, the story itself is still above and beyond most contemporary titles.

19. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Half-life 2, silent hill 2, final fantasy VII etc - those are games that pass the test of time.

I have more fun on castlevania 4 on snes than crysis 3.

I think some people overlook the joy of a great game. :(

20. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    Although graphics are rather important to me, I can also be happy with a game that hasn't got great eye candy. But if I have to choose between two games with equally great gameplay and one looks great and the other not then I go for the looks.