Crysis2 with 275.33...These Annoying glitches still exist!?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by McKenzie, Jun 3, 2011.

1. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    after the update from 1.4 to 1.8 i get a lot of visual glitches wtf is going on? updates it suppose to make things better.

btw is still using the 266.58 divers i haven't updated my drivers since january lol. I will download the 275.33 to see is they make any differences.

2. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    I didn't bother download the 275.33 because if you enable the MotionBlur all the visual glitches go away.

3. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    nee its the problem on this lever

4. ashiohsiao

ashiohsiao Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780
    Using WHQL 275.33 with Crysis 2 DirectX 11 does not have this texture problem for me. This issue only happens with DirectX 9.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    There is so much complaining and blaming on nVidia/AMD. If you want working games without GFX issues and such, go buy a console or something.

You can expect things like these on a PC. There is a zillion different PC configurations, i'm surprised they made it run on most of it tbh.

Just role back a driver or two or go play the more awesome Alice Madness Returns while it's being worked on.

6. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1080 FE
    Stop whining, kids. nVidia was informed since the 1st day of release 275.33 and 275.50 about this problem. Some people are so stupid that can't accept it cause they can't use their head properly. U use your heads only for eating, don't you?

7. DarkTerror

DarkTerror Member

GPU:
    Geforce 660ti
    I have 0 problems. You guys have done something wrong.

8. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I didn't experience the 'vertigo' bug that the OP did in any regular gamepad but during the opening sequence and in one other section when you are forced to go underwater in an in-game cutscene the underwater reflections of the surface are like reversed or something...it's like how some signs are mirrored incorrectly etc....or how they 'cheated' and if you look around on the net you'll notice articles about those reflective glass walled buildings all have the same reflected image, sure it is position based and as you moves the reflection moves....but if you turn around...you notice "hey there's nothing behind me that's reflected in the building?!?1?1"

So I think some of these bugs aren't bugs at all but corner cutting engine tricks because the consoles held the core graphics back; and no I'm not saying the game looks bad, it looks great, but reflections that are copied and pasted onto every building....that is console cancer.

So I think maybe we'll need some PC specific patches to fix that $#!+.

I wonder how much it will cost Nvidia for us to get those patches ;) oh I mean gifts ;)

*wink wink nudge nudge anvil on head #$TWO MILLION DOLLARS FOR A PATCH IS NOT A GIFT# Armageddon hammer smashed face*

^Pseudo-sarcasm disclaimer...but seriously, I had to laugh when people thanked crytek for the patch...especially when we got downgraded an API 4 years after the first game and a default FOV of 55 vs 90 in crysis and so on and so forth...

EDIT:

A link to an example of the fake reflections:

Reflection:

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv221/DandelionL2/Crysis22011-03-2519-03-14-25.png

What is actually behind them:

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv221/DandelionL2/Crysis22011-03-2519-02-42-07.png

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  9. leaker

leaker Member

GPU:
    lulz
    You can't have dynamic cubemaps for realtime reflections. That's impossible on any available hardware.

10. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    It's not like I'm asking for ray tracing. Look at the low res reflections anyway, I've got Fallout 3 modded to have 2k shadows and water res with realtime reflections also 2k res which reflect light and explosions. Crysis 2 reflections are probably 1k max maybe even 512pixels and they are copy/paste so asking for real time is easily doable on todays hardware. There aren't THAT many relfective surfaces in crysis 2 expecially compared to the vast expanses of water in Fallout 3 near rivet vity etc where I still get over 45 frames with a crazy modded LOD ( 11sectors rendered at a time vs 7 by default, frame rates would be 60 solid with just reflection/water res mods ).

So my pop in occurs about 1km in the distance. Crysis 2 probably uses sprites for objects that far away... actually scratch that, due to crysis 2 being linear you can only see 50 metres at a time.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011

11. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    You're asking for several instances of the same scene from different angles.

Think that if a single GPU can be taxed with a single scene, think how taxing it would be if it was rendered several times to create real time reflections.

You'd have to do a tradeoff between reflections and scene complexity.

Anyway, if you could do full detail real time reflections, you could do real time full lighting (no raytracing, no SSAO, just simulated real light) , cuz the light that illuminates a place is, in fact, a product of a reflection of said light.

The basis of lighting are reflections, so, if you get what you ask for, real time reflections, you get the most accurate form of simulate lighting. You'd have tons of parameters for each material also now that i think of it...

12. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Thanks Nvidia
    L4D 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What driver can i use that doesn't do that?

13. The_Fool

The_Fool Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xGIGABYTE Windforce 7950
    Too bad my 560 Ti isn't even up to the task at minimum settings with DX11. Frame rate is in the 20s in most areas. The DX11 patch performs absolutely horribly. I'm staying at 270.61 in order to play the game properly with DX9, otherwise those graphical issues occur. The high resolution texture pack works fine, though, although there isn't that much of a difference.

14. f4c3m3l70r

f4c3m3l70r Member

GPU:
    EVGA GF570 Superclocked
    Im using 275.50, have no artifacts even after playing for 10 hours. Crysis2 (v1.0)

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    update your game man :wanker:

16. anamericangod

anamericangod Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 SOC 1GB
    Maybe the GTX460 SOC is stronger than I realized.

I can run Crysis 2 on Ultra with the HD skins rather smoothly at 1680x1050.

I'm overclocked at:

1087mv Core Voltage
    938MHz Core Clock
    1876MHz Shader Clock
    2145MHz Memory Clock

Wonder what would be better. Get another one of these for SLI, or sell and get a newer card.

17. ashiohsiao

ashiohsiao Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780
    The gun turning white and other texture problem is actually a known issue. For the game, it begins with version 1.4 and up. For driver version is starts with 275.27 and up. Another condition for this texture problem is DX9. If you run DX11 Crysis 2 with these drivers, you won't have this issue.

18. sean_skroht

sean_skroht Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC

What are you talking about? That's not a glitch! You're just playing the cell shaded cartoon version. You know, the one that comes with extra funny bits. :)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  19. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Master Guru

GPU:
    msi hawk 5770 1 gb
    Got rid of these glitches by installing the direct x 11 pack and using 275.50 driver with direct x 11 enabled the glitches are gone.:) And i have crysis 2 patched to 1.9. Edit: As the poster above me just mentioned.;)

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  20. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Sure. It isnt like it looks that it'd brick your card or anything!

I dunno how you can play 1.0v lol. I had a lot of annoying moments with the melee glitch, or the nanopoints glitch. Or the "restart the level and ur attachments dissapear biach" glitch.