Crysis Wars

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Taint3dBulge, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    Hi guys.

Just had a question for you Guru's

I play crysis wars alot!

I just came to find out there is a 64 bit version.. Since there is and im runing win 7 64 i wana use that to make the most outa all the ram and vram i have installed.

Prob is i only have a bin32 folder and no bin 64.. Iv tryed to reinstall all the patches mostly v1.1 that holds the 64bit version..

But it wont install it???

Im wondering if this is because crysis is installed on my win xp drive???

So my question is, does anyone know where i can DL the bin64 folder or if i have to install crysis on my win 7 drive. Id like to keep it were it is cause thats the drive(s) i have 2 raptor drives raided 0.

Thanks all!

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The bin64 folder should be on the game disc but I don't know if it can be patched like that, XP is probably the 32-bit version which the installer detects and thus only copies the 32-bit files, main difference is better memory efficiency (Though it might end up using more of it in total after longer play periods.) however Punkbuster from what I know still isn't compatible with native 64-bit programs so overall 32-bit might work much better for MP and there's no visual differences as such.
    (Unsure about performance, 64-bit can help but I'm fairly certain these current 64-bit titles, of which there's only a handful or so in total, mostly is about memory as you can utilize more than 2GB for programs if available compared to the x86 limit.)

3. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3080
    The 64-bit version of Crysis (incl Warhead and Wars) does not use texture streaming. It pre-loads all the textures into memory offering a small perf boost.

But as Jonas mentions, PB being the bastards they are still don't support x64 meaning you won't find too many servers when running that binary.

4. Th3_Edge

Th3_Edge Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    I don't think Wars has x64 bit support. I believe it is only Warhead (the single player). That may be why you don't see the folder.

With that said, PB is still an issue.

5. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Crysis wars has 64 bit support but you can't play on Punkbuster servers because PB is only 32 bit.
    Just install the latest 1.5 patch.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  6. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    I got it all figured out last night. After scratching my head trying to figure this out.. I decided to right click on the 1.5 patch, and extract it to a new folder with winrar.. to my surprise there was the bin64 folder. So i took that folder copied it to the crysis wars folder.. opened it up, and clicked on the exe. It didnt work.. Went back in the folder and found another exe, (forget what it was called) the cmd screen came up and went away. Then i clicked and ran the 64bit exe again and bam it worked.. :)

I play on the !Bros server and they have no PB. sooo I was good to goo, and wow it is way smoother, but after 4 hours of playing it really gets laggy...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010