Crysis Warhead System requirements announced

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sava700, Aug 13, 2008.

1. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    thats just stupid to say...no offense to you but thats just insane! Crysis was/is one of the best underplayed, under rated games I've ever had a chance to play and hope to enjoy Warhead just as much! Save your 5$ for a gallon of gas to burn your computer and to save us all from another wasteful comment.

2. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:

lol

Yeah no offense to Ieldra but I totally agree with Sava700 :D

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    i don't see why people are so negative about Crysis. I mean yeah... it wasn't able to be maxed to the upper limit and play just as smoothly as every other game released in the last several years, INCLUDING the past few months AFTER Crysis's release. That's the only reason i can see people being all pissy about it. Like Bl@de saying that it was good graphics an poor gameplay. Honestly... i thought the gameplay was fantastic. Sure the AI wasn't all that great... sometimes getting stuck in the most idiotic places.... but i'd MUCH rather have enemies that you can sneak up on and kill than have enemies that respond to your presence once you reach a certain point in a linear path. Or... since it was brought up.... Call of Duty 4, where you have an endless herd of enemies rushing to the same exact points until you move a bit further forward, where they then all rush to a DIFFERENT set of the same exact points. Don't get me wrong... CoD4 was a fun game... and also a nice looking game.... but has NOTHING on Crysis in terms of detail and view distance, which is WHY CoD4 was able to run much better. And on that note... CoD4's AI wasn't that much better than that of Crysis. Oh look... bullets can go through walls. let's hide behind this piece of lumber. Nice to improve realism, but stupify the enemies.

and... i too agree with sava. besides... he'll never get my copy of Crysis to burn, unless he pays me a good deal of money for it. What would you rather do... be one to say that i burned every last copy of Crysis.... or be able to say i have the LAST copy of Crysis?

4. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Hilbert ran crysis on 3 gtx280s lol wonder if it was smooth

5. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT

my university *_*

btw for me, crysis is the ONLY fps that ive re-played, so it has sumthing better than others, waiting this release too :p

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  6. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090
    and say what you want to say, but crysis is still the best looking game out there

7. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    huh? if Warhead ran better than the actual game? Warhead IS the actual game. Crysis, and Crysis: Warhead are standalone games... with Crysis: Warhead not requiring one to own Crysis to play it. It's not an expansion pack or anything like that.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I personally think that it's a mix of both. It does push the limits beyond any other game but on the other hand FPS is much lower in some places where there are no clear reason for it to be so low. Also, it does not really make use of dual core CPU that well and memory usage is quite low even though when there would be 4 GB of ram available. I have a feeling that the contract they made with EA made them to release it unoptimized (money>quality, that's EA's main concern and they probably faced some heavy pressure from EA).

9. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    "EA Sports.... it's in the "OH F*** OFF!""

10. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    They're even higher than Crysis. I thought this was supposed to be easier to run than Crysis?

11. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    uuh... no... the requirements are IDENTICAL to that of Crysis. i just looked it up on Gamestop. the only thing that's different is storage space, with Crysis having a requirement of 12GB, while Crysis: Warhead has a requirement of 15GB.

12. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    For some reason I was remembering the minimal required video card for Crysis being a 6600GT, but I guess it was the 6800GT afterall. Either way, I think all this banter over this game running great on far less hardware is BS. It's just the biggest marketing ploy left open to poke at EA (Crytek) for customer's experience with Crysis.

13. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well.... don't you think it'd be retarded of them to have the same EXACT recommended specs.... release it several months after Crysis... and have it run exactly the same as Crysis?

Also nice that they're gonna have a large selection of multiplayer maps to play from the get-go.... hopefully not a lot of repeats... although some of the MP maps were quite fun.

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    OMG look what pcgameshardware says
    WTF? on a 260 @ 1,152 x 864, NO AA and @ 29FPS in places, what a crock and thats DX9, sounds like more Crytek propaganda on the performance improvements

source - http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...sis_of_Crysis_Warhead_-_four_GiByte_required/
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  15. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    guess your not aware of EA's "partners" program.

its for devs who can afford to make their own game. all EA does is distribute and market.

all the pressure was from Crytek themselves to make thier large investment back and didnt want to spend an already stressed budget further just to optimise more which could take a year to do.

16. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2
    EXACTLY what I presumed. I will NOT be purchasing Warhead unless these are innacurate or premature examples of how the game will really run.

17. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well.... since it said:

I can see it as being a premature example. i mean yeah... the game is due out in well under a month..... but who knows when the build of the game they played was compiled.

18. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Core 2 Extreme QX9770
    4 GB DDR3 1333
    Geforce GTX 260

Playing Crysis Warhead @ 1,152 x 864, NO AA with the above setup and only getting 29FPS is almost impossible, imo. Crysis is already getting 53 FPS @ 1280 x 1024 according to the Guru3D charts: http://www.guru3d.com/category/vga_2/

Crytek said that they would optimize the engine, so I think this test version pcgameshardware had must have been an early, early alpha version, imo ;)

p.s.: I know that Crytek said quite a few things already. ;)

p.p.s.: In this thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=271429 people are getting 32.01 fps (game quality: high, resolution: 1920 x 1200) and 28.255 fps (game quality: very high, resolution: 1900x1200) with their GTX260 in Crysis.

This just further proves, that something wasn't right with the version pcgameshardware had, imo. It would be just ridiculous if really true, since Crytek announced that the Warhead game engine is going to be optimized and then it's performing actually a lot worse than the original Crysis. LOL

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  19. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I will not pick up this game if its going to be $50. I picked up the first Crysis at Walmart the midnight the day before it came out. Funny thing was, I didnt even beat the game because it kept crashing (this was before the patches were released) So in general I played Crysis for about a week and never touched it again. I then gave it to a friend.
    I might wait a month so there is at least a patch before I purchase or else I expect to be disappointed again. I dont even care its more optimized and looks better, if its unplayable because of crashes, skrew it.

20. karamanliev

karamanliev Member

GPU:
    Palit HD4850 Stock
    I liked the first Crysis, and I'm sure that Warhead will be hell of a good game!