Crysis Warhead Rygel HD Texture Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by talason, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Nope, even the genuine Crysis from Origin just crashes before it loads

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Crysis.exe
    Application Version: 1.1.1.6115
    Application Timestamp: 47c58d57
    Fault Module Name: CryRenderD3D10.dll
    Fault Module Version: 1.1.1.6156
    Fault Module Timestamp: 47d6d2e4
    Exception Code: c000001d
    Exception Offset: 0000d501
    OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: a3bb
    Additional Information 2: a3bbdcd832a72b3a6aadfddf72a24fa0
    Additional Information 3: 6331
    Additional Information 4: 6331432710f2be73bbc917d66038d91b

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  4. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Did you try DX9 mode?

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, I put -dx9 on the shortcut target line and it tries to start in DX9 and then gives the same error, except it changes from CryRenderD3D10.dll to CryRenderD3D9.dll

Im thinking it just doesn't like these AMD drivers, because it worked fine under Win 7 with an older AMD GPU and drivers and people are saying it works under Win 8.1, but I've never had it working under 8.1 with a few different GPUs

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    AMD drivers suck for crysis series, been like that since 13.x, get weird artifacts and such. They dont care for older games i guess

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, I'm putting it down to drivers, it's strange though as Warhead works fine, and the Editor for Crysis 1 works fine, but the actual game doesn't

8. SharpGame

SharpGame Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1070TiOC
    With the announcement of the Cryengine 5.6 and the spoiler of the end with the jungle of the Crysis he decided to dust off my "copy" of the game and apply this mod that comments on textures and that other users say that they are doing great.
    The truth is that I am new to this and I have no idea how a Mod is installed and what he does of the files that Rygel downloads to make it work:

- I copied them as is and pasted in the path that puts in the block of notes. It doesn't work, it looks the same.
    - I have renamed them by removing the word Update. It doesn't work, it looks the same.
    - I have renamed them by removing the word Update and zz. It doesn't work, it looks the same.
    - I have removed the original files and repeated the previous steps one by one, load up to 99%, black screen and return to the desktop.

Does anyone know how? What needs to be done step by step?

Thanks in advance.

9. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well Rygel's Textures were fine but I highly doubt most people would be able to tell the difference when loaded.

He are some texture taken from 3.5.8 Cryengine.They are a mess and not placed perfect but are runnable and you will notice the difference in some textures.
    https://www.moddb.com/games/crysis/downloads/crysis-hd-textures-2018

May cause crashing,hell even Windows 10 newer version will cause Crysis to crash I bet .

ANYWAY

Crysis "HD Textures Pack 2018"

Recommended system requirements:

CPU: I7-4770K@ 4.1GHZ 1.2Vc
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780 3GB Windforce OC: 1150mhz/3402 mhz
    Ram: 8 GB Ram DDR3 2133 Mhz

Minimum system requirements:

CPU: Core 2 Duo - 2,4 GHZ or Athlon 64 X2 4800+
    GPU: GeForce 8800 or Radeon HD 3850, (512 Mb)
    Ram: 2GB

Compatibility: windows XP/7/8/8.1/10

Features:

- Works with any custom TOD (eg Mster Config 3.01, BlackFire's Mod Ultimate), lighting and shader settings;

- Compatible with Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Crysis Wars;

- Use of new textures, right out of the CryEngine 3.5.8 and Crysis 3 The Lost Island;

- At this time, textures are specially chosen so that there is no drastic change of appearance of the game. Everything is done in order to leave the original "atmosphere" of the original of 2007, but with higher quality textures;

- Now, attention is to minor layers of textures, in particular improved "Bump" (bump) or ".ddn" - components that give a flat textures larger volume;

Installation instructions: Unzip in the folder \Crysis\Game\

Advice (Tips):

* If any occur - or bugs (missing textures wheel jeeps, etc., simply delete the save file from the "C:\Users\Your user name or the name\Documents\My Games\Crysis\SaveGames", and then start a new game.

* If you have not replaced the texture, there were bugs - then in the directory *:\Program Files\Crysis\Game There are already other additional (besides the original) or texture fashion and banal game uses them first.

* If you do not see the difference between the new textures from the original (number of textures is an exact copy of the original, but much higher quality), just open them in Photoshop using the DDS plugin and comparing, make sure personally [​IMG]

SharpGame likes this.
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    apply the /LAA flag to the crysis exe and the crashing might be resolved.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    SharpGame likes this.

11. SharpGame

SharpGame Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1070TiOC
    Thanks gerardfraser for answering so fast and with tutorial included.

Finally it works, I've only tried in a specific area of the game but it looks great, I would revisit the original Crysis.

Also what I liked the most is that it retains the original image very well, it has been like removing a dense and dirty veil from specifically years ago in 2008.
    Here I leave some of my captures, I will go up more since the page to upload the captures has entered into maintenance:

https://imgsli.com/NjMyOA

https://imgsli.com/NjMyOQ

I was surprised that it is as simple as unzipping the file in the path you indicate, and I was going crazy trying things that occurred to me ...

Thank you very much for your help.

I have some questions as recently arrived in this world that I would like to know, and I think it may be useful to other users in my situation:
    1st Is this method of decompressing the Text Mod file in that location the standard procedure for almost any game?
    2nd What does Astyanax refer to with apply the / LAA flag to the crysis exe, what exactly needs to be done?
    3ยบ In the official download thread of the Mod there is a user who recommends modifying some files to improve the viewing distance level and reduce the depth of field among others, I have seen it in other games that other users comment, what files are, where are they, how do I modify them ?, are they good ?, specifically are these:

The C means that the custom commands are enabled to execute without any restrictions
    c c
    cl_crouchToggle = 1
    ; LEVEL OF DETAIL AT DISTANCE: set e_lods = 0 to have maximum detail at every distance at a large fps cost
    e_lods = 0
    e_lod_min = 0
    e_lod_max = 3
    e_lod_ratio = 10
    e_view_dist_ratio = 80
    e_view_dist_ratio_detail = 80
    e_particles_lod = 0.7
    e_view_dist_ratio_vegetation = 80
    e_detail_materials_view_dist_xy = 4096
    e_detail_materials_view_dist_z = 256

DEPTH OF FIELD AND MOTION BLUR
    g_dof_ir
    g_radialBlur = 1
    g_dofset_minscale = 3
    g_dofset_maxscale = 3
    r_DepthOfField = 2
    cl_hitblur = 1
    cl_hitshake = 1 r_Moti

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    1.No it is not.
    2.Windows10: Large Address Aware
    3.Those commands are placed in a CFG file which is a configuration file format used for storing settings to be used by the game.

Here is a tweak guide for Crysis 1 to get you started. Crysis 1 also has over 3000+ commands so too many to list.Google can find the list easily.
    https://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_1.html

The screenshots are exactly how the modder intended the textures to look,he has done similar things for many games.He did not do every texture but who would really.Try Astyanax suggestion if you have problems with Crysis.

If you want to go a little further I tossed together hundreds of textures/mods/shaders with different time of day files to change the look of the game from original.You can check video below

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    SharpGame likes this.
  13. SharpGame

SharpGame Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1070TiOC

Thank you very much for your help, I will investigate.

14. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Sure no problem.Enjoy