Crysis VS COD 4 Modern WF

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ibitato, Jun 20, 2009.

?

COD4 Better than Crysis??????

Poll closed Oct 18, 2009.
  1. COD 4 is better than Crysis

43 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. Crysis its better than COD4

37 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Both are POS

6 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Both are GREAT

34 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    Ok, so I am sad :p

any options y want to pin point ???

Stay frosty ;)

2. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    Dude, stop being passive aggressive. Why do you feel you have to be judgemental about us if it is you who cannot get any joy from two of the biggest games from last year??

Loved both games, more of a long term fan of Crysis myself. Playing clay-pigeons with live chicken never gets old... :wanker:

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I though the graphics were amazing in Crysis true.. but I hate that game.

I think the graphics in CoD4 are okay.. but I love that game because its entertaining and gave me months worth of online gameplay.

Graphics for me takes a back seat if the game is fun and challenging and well put together. I beleive this is true for a lot of gamers. The only people that put graphics first are the people so obsessed with Crysis because really that game is all razzle dazzle and otherwise quite uninteresting.. to me anyway.

4. 3Dghost

3Dghost Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    I liked crysis better due to none linear gameplay (comparing to COD 4)...and innovation (nano suit).
    crysis has also more realistic feel of weapons, it`s more interactive, you can try different approaches to mission objectives.
    COD 4 is very well scripted and entertaining video game movie-like experience.
    Has more variable environments too....but I still like crysis much better.
    The biggest minus for COD 4 is too many scripts for me.

5. Retrolock

Retrolock Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    My avatar likes Crysis. So I have to abide by it.

6. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I would love COD4 multiplayer if there were no grenades, melee, or push to sprint. This goes for like every shooting game haha.

7. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    I have seen a lot people who only care about graphics and think Crysis in best game ever because of it's graphics and don't give a **** about anything else. Mostly young people you see talking about games in shop and on some other forums.

CoD4 was running in a pipe and felt like interactive movie without any control to story or anything. Looked nice but whole game felt boring. Did not like online play either...

I did not judge you, was just saying that only caring about graphics is sad, if you liked the game and play it because it's fun and not because of graphics, then why not. We like different things, I liked FEAR - Perseus Mandate...

It's like saying "The game is great, innovative and fun but graphics suck so I cant enjoy that game so I must skip it"

This parody tells something about gaming and what it is atm.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7VAhzPcZ-s

8. Leodie

Leodie Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    +1

What i dont like about COD4 is that the whole game is scripted, play it once and you know exactly whats coming to you the second time...

Crysis is different everytime i play it.

Both games are great, COD4´s missions are impressive first time you play it. But Crysis have the most replay value.

(not talking about multiplayer)

9. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    ^^ U shud consider MP too coz both games flaunt a good MP .. and for me CoD4 offers a much more variant MP exp. .. Crysis MP gets a bit boring after a while ...

Add the fact that the weapons are still a standard set, still including a futuristic lookin BOLT-ACTION rifle :p ... nano-suit is like wtf :p ... and in strength mode u're bullets get affected but not the weapon :p wtf :p .. some things are just too hard to digest ...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  10. Fri4rTuck

Fri4rTuck Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Twin Frozr II
    Crysis graphics are visual stunning - no question. However, in my opinion there is much more to the game than graphics. I love the game play and it is unmatched to me still. I was also a big fan of the original Far Cry by Crytek. I like their games and the game play. The fact that they push graphics to the brink is a great additive but even if they didn't, I would still like their games.

The original Far Cry has AI that was like no other at the time. The AI in Crysis was refined even more. The physics in Crysis are amazing and the nano suit is very innovative.
    The replayability is great because I can play most levels completely different every single time.

I understand not every game is for everyone but those who say Crysis is all about graphics are missing out. The gameplay is much deeper than visuals. The great visuals simply add to the already above standard experience. The graphics complement the game, if you will.

11. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    I voted COD 4 is better than Crysis. Crysis is a bore and not many people play it anyhow.

COD4 however is so bloody loaded with wallhacks now it's just totally sad to play on Pubs anymore. Even more sad is when you can spend an afternoon on youtube watching the many many video's of them in action. I play on a limited selection of servers myself to at least cut down the likeliness of hackers.

I've gone to level 55 twice and I am 1/3 my way back up again only cuz there is zero else to play online that takes 2 seconds to get into. Farcry is ok too, but I find the netcode needs some serious improvement. I hate playing games where people are like warping ahead while they are running and COD4 is one of those games that doesn't do it as much.

12. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    ^^ Ya another good point .. when it comes to MP CoD4 is very playable upto 200 pings .. Crysis Wars barely does justice over 100 ..

13. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    Crysis was more fun to me, I think mostly because there was more to do. I felt like I already knew everything about CoD4 as soon as I started playing it. That's how CoD has been for me since the first one.

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Agreed

True there are a LOT of people that hack in COD4. unfortunate really.. lots of my matches have been tarnished because of it. What I found though is that after a while, I could pick out the people who were clearly hacking, and the only time they would find me is the second that I would get a knife in em.

Eventually I got good enough at the maps to know where the donkeys were always hiding out and soon enough I was killing the hackers as easily as anyone else... which is exceptionally sad on their part.. that even with hacks I would still kill them more than they would me lol

Yeah the ping in COD4 is a non issue really.. doesn't affect much, though I had noticed that in some servers my shots would not register as quickly as when my ping is lower naturally. At least warping did not occur all that much.

I'm pretty sure I made it to 55 at LEAST a dozen times.. I played the MP ALOT lol :biggun:

15. oka1992

oka1992 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    no competition... Call of Duty 4

16. PeterNorth

PeterNorth Banned

GPU:
    kk
    I think you forgot [sarcasm] tag in your post, sir

17. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well, thank y very much , "sir" it sounds good ... :p

18. panZEr330

panZEr330 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280 @666/2333
    Another 'this is better than that' thread on guru3d... and it's just as subjective and pointless as the rest of them.

19. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    that is what makes them so good, getting to know what ppl think...

20. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    Both games are great for different reasons. I don't think you can directly compare to say which one is overall better from a general perspective. Both games do different things well.