Crysis Very Boring game?!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Retroborg, Apr 19, 2009.

1. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    What do those people who dislike the alien parts dislike about it? I thought it was a hoot trying to adjust my ambush/survival strategies with a third dimension, and the fact that the aliens were faster than you made it a different firefight than the soldiers.

2. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Bioshock

3. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070S OC
    haha hell no, 2 of the best games in recent years

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Agree with the OP. I was actually really dissappointed to find out that a game that looks so great could play so crap.

I mean, I didn't even get more than ten minutes into the game and I already knew that it was lacking. It just feels wrong for an FPS game. Somehow the controls feel stiff, and it really is quite unrealistic in the sense that you can't even see the enemy and they already know you're there? Weak.
    The whole game just didn't feel fun and I couldn't be bothered to even play for five minutes more than I did. Uninstalled.. good riddance.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    I simply strongly agree with this comment. Interestingly they pick hl2 as game of decade lol with wow. I get more fun with crysis or stalker series. Anyway thats democracy. Likes and dislikes.

6. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I always play hide-and-seek with the Koreans, try to kill them from different angles or lure them away with thrown nades. Great fun to see their reactions.

Breaking into the bases without being seen is quite a challenge.

When the Aliens show up i usually go back to the game menu and restart the game lol. It's like 2 games in 1, and i hate the 2nd part. :p

7. cockneysean

cockneysean Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 295 XXX Edition
    I must say, I also thought the game went quickly downhill when the aliens came into the game.

8. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 2070 Mini OC
    haha... me too...

I like to re-play a few select saved games where there are large mobs of Korean soldiers coming at you (especially the area in 'Recovery' with the 2 tanks and the fuel station).

Maybe you have to be a sadist to enjoy Crysis? :p

This is fun for me too, or I grab 1 and use them as a shield then throw him into a group of them followed by a nade...

Driving vehicles over as many as possible before being blown up is always a good challenge.

I also like to try to stealth kill as many of the Korean soldiers as possible when infiltrating a new base or checkpoint.

I think it's the games physics, the nano-suit and the AI that keeps me coming back to play this game (plus it's good for testing driver stability as both of my cards get quite hot compared to other games).

9. stenelaus

stenelaus Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon4650 1GB PCIE
    i will keep my opinion: CRYSIS is boring, but beautifull!

10. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    It's something i already asked myself too - why do i still fire it up every 2 months when i hate 50% of the story?

I guess for me it's the sneaking-through-jungle gameplay. Sometimes you don't even see them, just hear metal clicks behind the next bush when they search for you - install chill on my spine! I like games with great audio. Doom3 was also perfect sndwise.

11. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I'm about to buy Crysis and Warhead on Steam. But I played the demo when it was first out and the performance I got on XP was less than 30 FPS (unplayable). What can I expect now?

I will be running it at 1280x800, 4AA, 8xAF, High Quality, DOF and Motion Blur disabled. I've also got Windows 7 32-bit and way better drivers obviously.

12. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti
    You can expect the same performance. A 9600GT just isn't going to run Crysis @30fps or more with those settings. Especially with Anti-Aliasing and a 2ghz core duo isn't going to help either....

13. keenu

keenu Member

GPU:
    GTX 560 TI
    For me Crysis is the best game I have ever played. I loved the whole story and the fact you could go stealth or all out attack was great. I also loved the Nanosuit that really added to the gameplay.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  14. gurusan

gurusan Master Guru

GPU:
    5850 @ 1000MHz
    yawntastic game.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Nanosuit was the whole gameplay actually.I love Crysis because you can play however you want and that's great,also it has the best graphics so far.
    Can't wait for Crysis 2. :)

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Forgodsake, i want MORE quality games with this engine :(...yeah expensive i guess...damn!!!! but not like that Merchants something something named game lol :p..Merchants of Brooklyn? mehh :D

17. jamsbong

jamsbong Member

GPU:
    EVGA GF560Ti 1Gb
    I'm surprised you guys don't like this game. I thought it was good. I also loved the original Farcry. I hate farcry2 though, I thought it lacks challenges.

The gameplay of both farcry and crysis are the same. The nanosuit adds variety to the gameplay. I usually don't priorities storyline in a FPS game. I see FPS gaming is about experiencing the event in the point-of-view of the character that you're playing. If I want story, I'll go read a novel or play RPG.

I guess it is like Star-Wars or Tombraider, You'll either love it very much or just kept wondering why all the buzz.

18. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Wow!

I set Crysis to DX9 mode, everything to High Quality, 1280x800, no AA, DOF or Motion Blur. And I installed Natural Mod 2.

In the jungle I get 30 fps, 35-45 fps on the beach and 50+ fps looking out at the ocean. Plus it looks pretty sweet even without proper AA.

I'm shocked that's it's so playable.

19. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    i feel the same way, i got stuck/bored at the early beach level. might have to use cheat to skip these levels. :infinity:

20. jacktharippares

jacktharippares Member

GPU:
    xfx 5770
    i enjoyed crysis the first levels might have been a bit slow but it got better as i played...

but warhead was something else .. i think.. bc i dont really remember much of it other than : boom boom boom hey yankee shekidra! booomm and even bigger booooom
    but it was great