Crysis Very Boring game?!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Retroborg, Apr 19, 2009.

1. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    I didn't notice that so much. I enjoyed playing Crysis immensely. It wasn't scary, heavily plot driven, and had somewhat character development (things that are usually attributed to what makes a game otherwise fun). It's just fun to play. Specifically, using, and switching between different suit-enabled tactical modes to accomplish your goals is what worked for me. In many games, there's one way to skin a cat: in this game, there are many different ways that can all be done at will, and this choice and execution is fun. For example, you can run and gun, creep around in stealth (and kill or simply avoid everyone), set up traps/ambushes/decoys, play a sniper role, etc., and mix these up on the fly as you see fit. All wrapped in a nice package that just adds to the experience.

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Indeed, I found it quite fun (repetitive though) until the aliens came along. What often bothers me is the fact that in games, aliens which have insane technology are not as smart as humans in combat.

Seriously their technology is centuries ahead of ours, explain me then, why is a korean smarter in combat then and alien?

3. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i found the game awesome from two points of view: graphics and gameplay..

4. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I love crysis gameplay, often re-play the game.

BOOM! Headshot

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    To me, the game looks good but that's about it. Other than that, it's about as interesting as a wet noodle...

6. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I liked it. The sound quality was good and also gave me real 5.1 experience. One thing I did not like about the game was one level where I was supposed to fly or swim inside this alien ship. It took me half a day to find an exit finally. I was cursing so much that time. But the visuals and open land was big plus comparing to other FPS.

7. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    It's not the least bit realistic that a korean takes 10 bullets to the stomach to die, and that if you're in a boat, they might run into the water saying "there he is!" and drown.

And you're right, it's an awesome graphics showcase, but the gameplay is so very lacking. I found the same.
    I completed all of warhead, and it was a little better, but I'll still claim that it wasn't worth the time spent if for gameplay... It's just for prettyness.

8. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I think its solid enough as a shooter and a great game overall, i agree the alien sections riuned it slighty but warhead was better just not long enough, next one should be really good.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Crysis is more benchmark tool then game.

I like it and yea some lvls are boring some of them are good so overall its a desent game.

10. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    i would like a survival or an rpg game based on cryengine..i hope we will see this with cryengine3..

11. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I think the reason they havent use the engine for anything really is because of its really high system requirements to run really well, i think if the new engines is more scalable then we may see some games use it, the unreal 3 engine looks good, runs well and is diverse, thats why so many games use it.

12. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    Warhead was loads of fun and I don't believe it was boring at all. Now I do have the first one and yah it was a bit more boring but it was better than some other games I have.

13. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti
    Way to revive an old thread :p

But anyway. I think Crysis is one of the better shooters of today. But only at delta-difficulty. There you really have to use the nanosuit abilities and it becomes way more tactical and exciting to play (but even then not that difficult imho) the game looks and sounds incredible.

Gameplay-wise, it's the player that does the work. It isn't like an upgraded rail shooter that a lot of modern shooters like Modern Warfare 1+2 are. In those games there is no freedom; an extremely lineair path and you're just along for the ride to get killed off in the end.......(multiple times even in the horrendous MW2)

Even though most people seem not to like it, I loved the alien ship level; it really added to the diversity of the game in a good unexpected way.
    The ending was a little meh, but that's what you get with franchise games
    I also have no problems with the controls at all; you just have to plan your actions just a little more than in railshooters.

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I did not like the graphics in Crysis, despite the tremendous hype over it. It looked good only on the lush vegetation on the island, the detail there was impressive. But other parts, character faces, vehicles, some buildings looked sub-par vs other games.

Had the game for 2 years now but did not finish it and probably wont. Stopped about 2/3 of the way through when the aliens became more prominent.

15. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    The faces looked sub-par? The game's 'face technology' was all part of the game's hype, with all kinds of screen shots being released showing what the faces look like and are capable of. I think the faces looked excellent. Only RE5's faces (imo) surpasses its.

[​IMG]

I agree though about the buildings. I think the big problem was their textures; they just didn't seem very hi-rez. That very first shack you come upon in the beginning didn't impress me at all but it should have and was probably intended to. Every building after it was pretty much the same quality.

I probably owned it for about a year before I finally played it. Just didn't get around to due to other games. I liked the game, but didn't love it.

I didn't mind the storyline at all, I didn't mind the game mechanics at all. But I found the game way too easy to play, especially when battling the Koreans. Their AI was was pathetic. Shoot at them, and they'd go into 'scared mode' where they slowly creep the area around looking for you, making them pathetically easy to pick off. They just weren't aggessive enough. I forget what difficulty level I played at, but admittedly, I know it wasn't Delta.

When I played Warhead, I specifically played at Delta difficulty, since I remembered how easy of a time I had in Crysis. (another big reason was I hated how in Warhead, you'd automatically pick up weapons and ammo when you walked over it; but in its Delta mode, you had to manually pick it all up, just like in all difficulties of Crysis.) The game still utterly easy in Delta. (And I'm not one of those players that play, or claim to play, all their games on the hardest difficulty. I usually play everything on 'normal'.)

16. heliman41

heliman41 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 260OC -640/1300/1100
    Try the game "Damnation" its different.................You have to constantly figure out how to climb & jump to higher levels to complete the game & the motorcycles are pretty interesting too.
    A bit more thinking/puzzle solving in it to keep one interested. The FPS part well is the same as Crysis obviously tho.
    I personally throughly enjoyed Crysis simply because the visuals were so different & I love the suit!

17. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    +1 to that.

18. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    i disagree. i liked the game quite a bit

19. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I first thought you were saying Bioshock was boring.... was about to let rip :)

Man what a great game.... gets me everytime.

And about Crysis.... I can replay it a lot, trying different tactics each time. The game doesn't force you to be tactiful, it's up to you how deep you want to go. That's why I love it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    well, i liked FC2 really well, so with that in mind, few here will care about my opinion of Crysis. lol