Crysis Very Boring game?!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Retroborg, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Retroborg

Retroborg Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 8GB
    I tried Crysis for the 1st time, but after playing it for 1-2 levels I got so bored and couldn’t be bothered going through the rest of the game (even if I enabled God mode!)
    I found the gameplay very lacking, the battles with the Koreans dull and and the story line very reparative & uninspired.

Seriously, does the game improve any more when the battles with the Aliens take place later on, or is it so boring all the way to the end and a waste of time?

A few years back I had tried Far Cry but similarly I got very bored and didn’t bother finishing it (I did play for a bit longer though, up to level 5-6)

Is it just me, or is Crytek just good for graphics showcases and nothing more?
    Their games feel more like benchmarks and are full of bugs!

2. morfeus02

morfeus02 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GOOD
    the game is good

especially when you play on very high gfx and very hard difficulty it's very realistic.

storyline is a bit boring but there are a lot of innovative things you can do compaired to other games (destroy buildings in many ways, freedom of wandering around and choosing different approaches to the same situation, weapons modding)

i spend most of the time admiring the gfx though i have to admit it

3. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
  4. iHigh

iHigh Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5970
    Do you know a game from the last couple of years that isn't boring? story line that is.

5. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    It seems to that you should stick to the kiddy console shooters designed for americans with ADD. I suggest you play Halo3/Killzone/Farcry2, much simpler and easier for you to play and understand, they all also hold your hand and show you where to go. Perfect...

6. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    I agree with OP. Crysis was nothing more than nice graphics. It got boring quite soon and I only finished it once.

I think game was fun before aliens came... Just like FarCry1, very good game but when mutants came, game turned very bad.

Good game needs mor than just the graphics and game can be good without good graphics.

7. Retroborg

Retroborg Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 8GB
    Lol! :D
    But I'm not American! ;)

I found it boring because I didn't like the gameplay and the storyline & atmposphere sucked (Yes gameplay, plot and story line are very important in my book)

in that aspect, here are some immensly superior FPS to Crysis imo:

Aliens Vs Predator II (PC)
    Alien Breed 3D I (AMIGA)
    Dark Forces – Starwars (PC)
    Descent (PC)
    Doom (PC)
    Doom II (PC)
    Doom 3 (PC)
    Duke Nukem 3D (PC)
    Half Life 2 (PC)
    Heretic (PC)
    Hexen (PC)
    Hexen - Death Kings of The Dark Citadel (PC)
    Hexen II (PC)
    Hexen II - Portal of Praevus (PC)
    Unreal (PC)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    CRYSIS is a very boring game to you. Yes, if you r asking this , i mean u already got bore nothing to do. One of my friend who is 33 years old loves too much Football games. he doesnt play anything but Football games. he thinks all other games r boring. this is his INTEREST, LIKING or what ever u call it. so this game is BORING to people like u. Just ignore it and have fun my friend :)

and it is the only game i keep playing for months after FS 2004 IMOA.

9. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    Personally i never ever get tired of playing Crysis, period.

If you just go straight forward to just play through the levels then yeah ... its probally boring.
    But make full use of all of what Crysis has to offer and its becomes loads of fun.
    Using vehicles as moving bombs, putting a round in a fuel barrel and throwing it at your enemies or shacks and blowing things apart, or just grab your enemies by the neck and throw them through the walls or use them as human shields and so forth.
    All that is require is a bit of creativity and imagination and Crysis will have you comming back for more.
    Also be sure to play on Delta difficulty for some real intense battles.

10. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070S OC
    bioshock and MGS4 :p

11. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 OC
    Don't think its a bad game...but it could use more depth in its gameplay.

12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    There's no need to flame and make fun of him now because he doesn't like a game. That's not what this forum is for, and you don't look any better or smarter doing so.

But I do agree with the Op, to me the game is mostly just visuals, and hardly any gameplay.

13. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Crysis is great to play..enjoy every second of it and not just for the graphics! I love playing it in MP since it is very balanced and well developed.

Crysis Warhead is much better in SP than Crysis is cause they bumped up the AI alot so that your not shooting at dummies all the time. The Aliens are more exciting to shot at and play against than the NK so I suggest you continue through the game and I'm sure the more you get into it the more you will enjoy it.

14. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    The story isn't the best, but the.. how should I put it.. the scenes are, I don't wanna spoil anything but inside the alienship is an example, I think you should play through it before judging it :)

15. xcalibur+

xcalibur+ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAH4670 512 DDR3
    i have the same mindsets as you.. crysis is a really good game.. not to mention the graphics.. storyline is good by the way.. i love it in every aspect.. and you could also add some mods to make it more replayable..

16. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    I quite enjoyed the game, more so after getting a GTX 280 and being able to play the game with the 'intended' atmosphere and effects. I don't believe the story is lacking, it didn't have the depth of half-life, but instead relied heavily on effects and graphical excellence and was pretty much in-line with the game designer's 'fast paced action and explosions' (Hollywood blockbuster) driven intentions. Obviously most people didn't and still don't have powerful enough systems to appreciate this.

This might not be a popular thing to say, but I think the way many pc gamers treated Crysis (a game which is technically excellent, well constructed and was largely expected to make record sales) led to, or at least was a catalyst to, game developers abandoning technically demanding PC driven games to the safer console orientated multi-platform approach.

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I enjoyed only the first half of the game, didnt finish it. The aliens sucked and didnt seem to fit into a game like this. Pretty much lost interest from that point on. Also got tired of the Koreans yelling the same phrases over and over, "die Yankee coward!" This game was more about the power of hype than anything else imo.

18. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    If you find it boring BEFORE the aliens arrive. DONT, I REPEAT DONT play through till they come - that level inside the 'temple/ship thing' will KILL you! LOL :D

19. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    I simply LOVED Crysis, well the first 2 thirds of Crysis anyway, the reast was just plain crap as if cryteck had run out of ideas how to finish it.

If you get bored of Crysis dont get warhead ;) Although its stilll good the whole thing is just repetitve and too much like, stages / split into blocks or something.

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Lolz.
    I have ADD
    and your assumption of just what ADD/ADHD is couldn't be more backward....people w ADD get bored easily....

@ OP: I liked the original Crysis, mainly for the non linear approach to completing various levels, and also the destructible environment. I did find the Korean dialogue quite repetitive though, and the Ice level sucked as well as the large number of bullets needed to kill the enemy.

EDIT: Not the Ice level - the level in the inside the mountain I mean...

What level of difficulty are you playing it on?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009