Crysis Remastered for PC gets a Can it Run Crysis graphics mode

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 8, 2020.

1. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Funny thing is looking at the small screenshots, it is actually really hard to tell which is the new one. But, open the full-size images and then it becomes pretty obvious hah.

I believe the main reason was because Crytek was suing in the hopes of getting some of the money from SC. I don't remember what exactly they were suing for but I do remember it being something really petty.

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Also disappointed, this seems like the original game with some cheap mods attached to it...

SerotoNiN likes this.
  3. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Member Guru

GPU:
    Hell yeah, this is is the 2nd game after Daikatana that will make me its bitch.

Actually, maybe Daikatana remastered might be quite good ! :D

4. Picolete

Picolete Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Sapphire Tri-x
    I know the top one has better graphics, better detail; but i personally like the older jungle lighting, at least on that picture;

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That's some strange logic. A remaster is for everyone who played the original and wants to see it look better than before. I can't speak about this game yet but from what I've seen I'm not impressed. If you want to talk about a great remaster then look at Homeworld.

Silva likes this.
  6. Silva

Silva Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    Render distance, details, shadows, lighting and colours. I don't remember the look of the old game anymore so basically I went for the mountains to base my decision. Then, comparing both you can spot the clear difference in flora density, but the look doesn't give the wow effect it did when it first came out. I think they're just rushing this and making a lazy job.

7. reix2x

reix2x Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    Come on man, you can see the polygons on that gun, i'm definitely not impressed. I don't like the fact that it is exclusive to a store, At least it is epyc

8. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 HC
    Daaaaaaaaaamn so much drama from some pictures.

I mean it's not like this company is "making" anyone buy the game.

And the amount of hate towards EGS is truly unprecedented.

One could always wait for a review once it comes out before having so much negativity towards the unknown. Or that being a "photo"...

sykozis likes this.
  9. Chess

Chess Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Ah, EGS, pity.

Never played Crysis1, so I was interested.

Now, not so much.
    I can't for the life of me manage al these accounts we need now-a-days.
    I shall just wishlist it on GoG I guess ^^

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Xbox X version looks just wow, haha, look at this crap. Psycho oh boy...

[​IMG]

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    shaq.gif

12. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Psycho looks like a legit psycho alright. :rolleyes:

XenthorX and Undying like this.
  13. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    To me it doesn't look that impressive. But maybe if the price was right I would bought it.
    But again it is exclusive to Epic store, big mistake.

14. SniperX

SniperX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080S Trio
    I want Duke Nukem 2 remastered :cool:

rl66 likes this.
  15. Keno34

Keno34 Member Guru

GPU:
    R290 1150/1600
    Crysis Remastered "Botched" Edition from the xbox360 version....WOW!

16. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    It depend on your "ethnicity" some prefer green, some red and some blue ( it is even more visible when you play old analogic videos, at 1st look you might know the origin of it, as "pre-optimised" for the country of origin).
    and about a weather, i might be unlucky irl, i mostly see island foggy, with rain or under storm... lol

WalterDasTrevas likes this.
  17. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    I want Pong remastered, in 2 colors but in 4K HDR and dolby 5.1...

SniperX likes this.
  18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Crytek basically provided support to create the Kickstarter demo for Star Citizen, and during developement of the game they were supposed to get patch/updates to Cryengine from Star Citizen developement.

In the end their investment and support to the Star Citizen project was at a total loss as they didn't receive the updates they were expecting (double precision integration, networking, and whatnot), and they got cut from any Star Citizen marketing with CIG moving to Amazon Lumberyard and the Cryengine Logo disappearing...

They got pissed and attacked Cloud Imperium Games on several grounds: the topic that they licensed Star Citizen for one game and CIG marketed 2 games (Star Citizen and Squadron 42), the fact that their publicly shared Cryengine code (during some debug weekly video you can see Cryengine code in visual studio with the Cryengine copyright mentionned at the top of the code page), the fact they didn't receive code updates ...

With Star Citizen having a large player base, public opinion turned against them fairly quick, but if you ask me i would argue they've been fooled and CIG wasn't 100% honest here.
    They also shot themself in the foot over the years with poor management, people not being paid for months and leaving the company, ...

Really Crytek has been slowly dying for years after the commercial failure of Crysis 3 which was overfunded (to be a Call of Duty contender ?), and didn't met sales expectation at all, they lost 70%+ of their employees since 2010.
    They missed the transition to a free to use, open source engine when Unity released, they missed the transition to mobile gaming which is now bigger than consoles and PC combined, they've been poorly managed,...

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  19. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    nothing i didnt see in mods+tweaks... even less impressive i would say...

20. TalentX

TalentX Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 / 8GB
    This picture still looks like the old Crysis, with just different saturation and a bit more objects and slightly more details in the distant.
    The textures are still blunt and same style like old Crysis. Look at the hands where the weapon is for example. Hence, just look at the weapon itself...
    Also if you look at the mid-range distance, where the coast and palms in the middle area can be seen, you'll notice that details there aren't even rendered and it looks exactly the same as old crysis (blunt and even textureless). This is absolutely not the CryEngine 5+

This "upgrade" looks like a mod that anyone could do for the game with less effort. Crytek is fooling with you. This whole project is a scam.