Crysis performance DX9 DX10

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by MarkosDL, Feb 9, 2010.

1. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    ok so i installed crysis since i thought it was gonna be hell of a test for my gpu and my rig in overall. Before i run the actual game i decided to download teh benchamrk tool of it to get an idea of what i will see .
    and so i did at: Res 1920x1080
    Setts: Very high and no AA (dont want to try that just yet)
    first run was on DX10 and i got an overall average fps of 20.20 FPS. i have no idea if thats normal or.....propably not but i still got the ''what the f***'' face
    so i decided to run it with the same setts on DX9 and there i got (again no AA) and i got 37 fps overall. Like i said i got no idea if its normal or not but to my noobish eyes it does seem weak performance in dx10. Ideas anyone?

2. Have installed all the patches for crysis? im pretty sure in 1.2 they fixed up some dx10 performance issues.

That said, for your set up i wouldn't hope for a hell of a lot more fps in dx10, what i would recommend though is getting that cpu of yours over 3ghz for starters :) that'll give you the biggest increase in fps out of anything.

3. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    i will try and download the patches and try again if the game runs since i got it pirated (although ima goin to buy it tommrow its only 14 freakin euros now lol) and no ide if the patches will disable the crack :p its not that i expected a hell of a performance but it seems odd to me since its not just 2-3 fps diff but full 17 fps one and it seemed really odd to me. As for teh cpu ur the 100th guy here to tell me so lol unfortunately that cpu of mine just wont sit its ass down above 2.71GHz (2.33 is the stock speed) and its frustrating lol

4. lol, sorry to be a hassle man, but seriously for games like crysis you need as much cpu as possible...they are the bottleneck nowadays. But in saying that Crysis in particular is very gpu dependant due to the shaders.

What you could do is in game set everything to medium settings and no AA - it'll still look great and dx10 should still run fairly well at those settings if its dx10 you want but in all honesty you wont see much difference other than a few lighting effects. if dx9 performs better just keep the settings relatively high and run dx9 - the game looks beautiful regardless :)

5. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    same settings i get 28.90 fps so your about right

6. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    lol nothing to apologise for m8 i know cpu speed is needed here but the q8200 (or my mobo) doesnt have the juice to stay stable at 3 ghz and above lol ill keep the game at DX9 setts runs great there but i will still try it in dx10 after the patches to see if theres any diff. Barwell are those frames of urs at dx10 or 9?

7. with regard to the patches, if you're running a cracked exe theres a chance the patches might not work...if this is the case then i suggest uninstalling crysis, reinstall but DON'T apply the cracked exe, then apply the patches, then download the cracked exe for whatever version of crysis u run (i think 1.2 is the latest?)

8. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    thats dx9 with no OC on gpu's and programs in back ground eg steam,precision,logitec set point and g profiler,ambx...... bla bla bla lol all running

ohh i should add at that rez i run out of V ram on the card at 1650x1xxx i get 60fps average

9. that cpu clock certainly helps with your frames but yeah i can imagine the 9800s would run out of memory. must be 512mb right? yeah my old 4850cf used to do the same.

10. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    never had any problem to run crysis at that res with my 4850 512MB actually. Low fps though but still no problem of running out of memory. same with my 9800GTX+ (although that one was 1gb memory lol)
    edit: Just bought Crysis ill run some benches after i come home from school with the patches and see if theres any diff

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    that cpu wont bottleneck you at 1920x1080, lol far form it..

12. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    yeh 512mb if they had more mem beandwidth and 1gb of mem they would fly lol

13. yeah thats right, i mean you'll still get good fps with 512 cards but you'll notice the fps jumping as the cards max out the mem.

14. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    true so to sum it up 512mb memory on vgas are just fine for resos till 1650x1050 and for any resolutions highier than that (1920x1080 etc etc) 896mb or 1gb mem will do better

15. well not in all cases but in cases where theres a lot of textures/shaders to be loaded the 896mb/1gb cards certainly can handle more at resolutions 1680x1050 and above.

Crysis more so than almost any other game out there will be heavily effected.

16. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    indeed. also btw i did run some tests with DX10 after using the patches (no pirated this time since i bought the game) but i only got 23 fps overall lol so DX9 will just do fine since i get average of 35-38 fps there all in high (as we know very high setts are locked in dx9) and no aa

17. barwell1992

barwell1992 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ran a few tests and i get a lot more fps in game than the bench mark .... intresting

just going to wait till nvidas new cards come out then think about a new pc

made a comparisin to cod mw2 i can run that maxed out at 1920x1200 on ONE! card shows how much crysis kill gpu's

18. yeah aint that the truth. and i mean for example dirt 2 which has cutting edge graphics i can run that in dx11 mode with 8xaa @ 1680x1050 with an average fps of 94 and minimum of 73.

In crysis i sit on about 50-60max with 2xaa max settings at 1680x1050...

And crysis is how many years old now? lol...BAD OPTIMISATION

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    While it isn't the best optimised game ever, its still the best looking one, even if it is 2 years old.
    Dirt2 doesn't have cutting edge graphics, its a DX9 360 game with a couple of DX11 features.

I can play Crysis on a custom high setting and it rarely dips below 40fps.

20. i agree with you there, what i should have said is dirt 2 is the latest in terms of visual effects and is very new to the scene. Certainly not the best looking game overall but im sure that crysis shouldn't run so badly even though it is the best looking game to date.