Crysis Impressive Demolition Video

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by davaid, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    Crysis does not use any PhysX features, so you will not need to buy yourself a PhysX card. It is really amazing what Crytek can do without the PhysX card.

2. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    It's not really "amazing". It's looks like a beefed up version of the Havok engine used in HL2. All the destructable walls in Crysis seem to be just planks stuck together and break apart at the same points. Like in HL2.
    It does however seem to have a lot more of those "planks" than we saw in HL2 probably made possible by increasing CPU speed and capabilities. Wich probably alows them to do things that "look" spectactular. Like build building out of them so the building can be desroyed. Other than this type of "improvment" I don't see any real advancment in the whole physics in Crysis. Now I am not saying it's a bad thing or it's not good. I am stating that it's not "amazing" because it's just the same kind of physics we have seen before just on a bigger scale.

3. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Not worth wasting time :D We all know Vinnie is a complete... fan-boy of Crytek/Crysis :)

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X
    Well take the tree physics for example. There are no breaking points in the trees, the trees are really breaking. Would not it be amazing if Crytek did the same with everything else?

5. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    Nearly all the destroyed buildings we have seen were quonset hut's or shacks, and they tend to break up plank by plank. So there is nothing wrong imo.

6. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    i have a really bad feeling that Crysis is going to suck big time, i mean its going to look amazing but i think gameplay looks very boring, what is really over-exaggerated is the shooting tree's down bit, infact id go as far to say its cheesy and gimmicky, if it was the odd tree that fell then yeah great but ffs if this happened in real life then the chainsaw would be obselete.........lol

Lumberjacks going to work with Machine guns instead.

Give me Battlefield 3 instead :smoke:

EDIT: after just watching that 4min clip i can honestly say im not that impressed anymore, the A.I seems terrible, the punching through walls and lifting or puching roof panels is just weak, apart from it being quite nice to look at i think this games going to be repetitive and boring, maybe the multi player will be somthing to look forward to.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  7. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Keep in mind, this isn't even in Beta yet, well just coming up for it. Still many things to sort out.
    Don't know how you can't be impressed with Crysis.

Don't give us a Battlefield 3! Give us a fully fixed, balanced and working BF2 and maybe new add-ons (but with new classes, etc :D)

In all the videos we have seen, the trees always break in the same places.... he shoots below, but it breaks like a mile above the shot LOL.

8. 91LudeSiT

91LudeSiT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4GD5T@1435/1750
    Thats mildly impressive, the thing that makes me wonder is why haven't games done this before? I mean anybody ever played black on Xbox? It looks alot like that just lower resolution.

9. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I can't wait to blast through the jungle in a tank! I'm so happy they added tanks. Feature of the year! :D

10. davaid

davaid Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 280.
    Actually I played Red Faction I and you can destroy almost all the objects in the surrounding environment, I was always breaking the steal doors by demolishing the wall next to them, I really really enjoyed playing that game.

Because that how games are suppose to perform; not just a plain play where you shoot a door with a Bazooka and there wouldn't be even a scratch!!!!! (Well you know the name of some of the latest releases!!!!)

However in Crisis where tree's are being destroyed using the machine gun, I think it should take more time and shoots to different sides of the tree for it to fall out.... Because this how it is in the real world.

Take Microsoft Flight Simulator as an example; even with the latest version FS X; when you crash an aircraft it wouldn’t be even called a crash, no visual effects at all, there should be explosions, parts tears out and fly around, smoke going with the wind!!! I mean now it’s the time for games to be mature and get so real especially with the introduction of the Physics engine cards and these monsters graphics cards that a one would cost almost a $1000 (You know which one).

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Didn't you get your 8800GTX today? How you enjoying that?

12. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Yes it would be amazing if they did that with everything else. Alsas it appears as they did not. Also it appears that only these "sheds" or "shacks"
    will be destructable. I can't say I'm not impressed as it's the logical evolution in software physics. I am just not amazed is all. Knowing that there is much more that could be done with all that available tech that has been out for the last year (more for developers). With the lenth of time development has taken for this game I wonder why they didn't make the physics "all they could be".
    I am as excited about this game as anyone( Vinnie aside :) ) but if there is one complaint I have about the game from the videos I have seen, it would be this oversight. Nothing more and nothing less.
    BUT....
    I will wait for the game to come out to make final judgment. Hell, they could pull an ace out of there sleve and make everyone that said "hardware physics would be better and give a more realistic feel" look on in amazment and say "WHAT THE F***!!! How is that possible without hardware physics!!! :eek3: :eek: :gape: Crysis is BLOWING MY MIND!!!"
    You never know.
    Cheers!

13. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Those physics would be amazing in say bf3, destructable enviroments etc, buildings etc blowing up, and then snipering,hiding in the damaged areas etc. You know what i mean, i'm not saying this isnt going to be a great game.

But I love the New Tampa map for bf2.

14. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    talk to some vietnam vets about shotting trees apart, palm trees arnt very tough of wood.
    my uncle was a marine, he was telln me before about how they had to carry 100lbs so far n all, then he mentioned they had the big guys carry rail guns...i think thats what he called it, with all the ammo strapped to thier back was 200lbs
    he said you can mow down a house with it easily with enough ammo and a 1-2 second long shot aimed at a tree would rip in half easy.

i dunno about machine guns but again in crysis it is 2019 btw.