Crysis Graphics: Superb, even at 20fps!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by grimsanta, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grimsanta

grimsanta Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640MB @ 575/1750
    With my system, I run Textures, Objects, Shaders, and Post Processing on high, with all the rest on medium, the result is something that performs much better than all on high, and the difference is not noticable.

In another thread, people were complaining about the graphics not living up to the pre-release screen shots. To those I say that I have a large collection of games, and even the newest ones, bioshock, gears of war, world in conflict, they all just DO NOT COMPARE graphically to Crysis.

The detail on the characters, especially those in nano-suits, are incredible, the lines on the faces, just everything, incredible.

The foliage is amazing, not quite the step above other games that we were shown, but I still cannot think of one that looks better, Oblivion may be close, but it's not effected by physics.

The effects are incredible as well, shooting down a helicopter and the effect afterwards puts all other games to shame, even world in conflict.

My only complaint? the frames per second, but here's a recommendation that not only makes it more playable, but look better...put post processing on high.

A dip of about 4fps will happen when you move quickly, but when they designed it, they made it so it was still responsive in low fps environments (hense everyone saying 20fps is still playable). However, the high post processing blurs quick movement, and in quick movement, that's where we would normally notice low fps, but since it blurs things, even just a bit, your eyes don't notice it as much, 20fps looks much more like 30fps, and since it's responsive, it plays just as well too.

I really think crytek hit a home run with this game, after playing through a few levels, and averaging about 22-23fps, lows of about 17 and highs of about 30, I can say that it's completely playable, but when i take that post processing off, the frame rate is much more noticable.

Just thought i'd post this thread to put out some positive thoughts, because i keep hearing a lot of negative about performance, and it's like "who cares if it doesn't run on very high, it still looks better than any other game at medium/high.

2. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.