Crysis actually runs smooth!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by InGen, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Quixz

Quixz Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 3080TI
    I think sometime we need to take into a count the kind of engine the game is running on. Imho Cry engine 2 seems to be running very smooth even at FPS as low as 30.

2. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    It depends so much on the game how smooth it is at 30fps, and also some people don't need high fps to please their eyes.

3. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Guru3D need edit their reviews to :

<30 FPS smooth
    30-40 FPS super smooth
    40-60 FPS mega smooth
    >60 FPS super mega hype smoooth

:D

4. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750

Yep, thats why so many find Crysis smooth at low frame rates. Considering the demand the engine puts on ones rig, they were smart to add 'movie magic' into the game. However, I saw right past the magic trick and still need 50-60fps to enjoy the game just like any other. Wish I was fooled like most eveyone else though as 50-60 fps in Very High is not going to happen:( So now I am stuck playing on high@1280x768, even then I'm in the 30s at times like when you are on the patio (area where you log on to a pc) looking back into the jungle.

5. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Quoted For Truth!!!

6. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    Oh God.....

I just posted this on page 2.... please read it again.

7. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    I think people are missing the point here. I totaly agree with the pepople that say some games are playable at lower fps depending on the engine it runs. I must say I have not tested the game and all concepts I state here are generic ones.

So let's start out by quoting someone (I don't remember who) on the forums a while ago that whisely said "if you get closer to death if you can't run a game at the highest possible settings at the highest possible resolution than you need a better hobby". If Crysis graphics are giving you a hard time go get layed or something. It should make you feel much better about life in general.

"Crysis is crapy and runs badly" well deal with it! If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you think you got tricked into buying an 8800 Ultra and a Q6600 just because of Crysis, I feel for you but there are only two things you can do about it: cry or put that energy into something more productive. If you can't run Crysis the way you want on your ubber rig, just tone it down some or tweak it. It's no shame running a game on HIGH instead or ULTRA HIGH. Even MEDIUM is ok sometimes. There is a reason why those options are there. Just don't go saying 30 or 40 FPS isn't playable because you can't play CS like that. Everybody knows online-frag-all-your-friends games are much different than single player FPS. If you must compare CS and Crysis compare it with the MP beta.

Now, if all you are saying is that DX10 is foney and it's a piece of you know what, then I would have to agree with you so far. But then again Nvidia has a history of releasing bad cards as great ones like they did with the FX series. No, I am not saying the 8 series is like a new FX series, all I am saying is they have history.

8. Belz

Belz Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5870 1GB
    Isn't that argument a bit useless since the game uses motionblur too? :eek:ver:
    edit: (i just read your post completely) In my opinion this game's motionblur is very good and nearly equals the motionblur we get to see in movies.

Anyway, i'll revise my statement from earlier, since i was basing everything of the benchmarks i ran and the little exploring i did.

The 26fps that i have really do look smooth (thnx to the postprocessing) BUT its really unplayable at these framerates. My movements are really slow and unprecise.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  9. eynmyn

eynmyn Master Guru

puhahhaah

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why the hell am i getting so worked up over this ahhahaha its not like i was waiting for this game puahahaha.i guess im just bored or just pissed my 8800gtx is showing its weakness interesting back in novermber i built this rig with the 8800 and 6months later time to upgrade nah ill wait for the next gen cards.ok back to the blurry graw2 game here i goooooooooooooooooooooo.:peeleft:

10. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)

Welcome to the sane side :D

11. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    Imagine multiplayer, it would be like everyone had 10 pints of beer each, lol.

12. wrathofgod

wrathofgod Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 8800 GTX @ 660/1100
    I agree with most here that Crysis does run smooth even when it dips to 15fps. Anything below that in this game gets a bit hairy...heh.

I was really surprised at how smooth it was running when I peeked up at my FPS the first time.

13. ManicOne

ManicOne Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 Crossfire
    Lets not have this debate again.

Movies will appear smooth at 24fps. But there is more to a game than standing still and looking at scenery. You don't physically respond at a maximum of 24fps do you? Can we drop this now?

As for Crysis.....Game is awesome. My upgrade urge is back. I can see an 8800GT (or 2) in my future very soon. New rig time methinks, this one can become an HTPC.

Performance is great, game is gorgeous, and we haven't even began to tap the max potential yet. Open ended free-form FPS for the win!

14. mike87

mike87 Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7870 2GB
    I think this is a discussion between people that have played more competitive games (online etc) and people who have played more single player games.

I know for one my obsession with thinking a game was running poorly started about the time I NEEDED to feel I was being as accurate as possible. Its the reason I could not play through oblivion- continually noticing slowdowns, where as my best mate who wouldn't play competitive games (CSS etc) by himself gladly put 200 + hours into oblivion with a Geforce 6800 and athlon 64 3200- The competitive need for complete accuracy wasnt there for him so he just enjoyed the game- the graphics, the scenery, the stories.

Its a curse for me and those afflicted with having such a mental link to accuracy and good game play.

I for one think that the motion blur is what makes Crysis look so real- but makes it utterly unplayable for me!

WELCOME TO CATCH 22

Mike

15. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    you know what? Don't play Crysis at all until you get 100fps+ at 2560x1600. That way, you don't have to bitch and moan about how you're not getting 30fps+ and how it's affecting your "skills".

you'd think michael jackson hit you all with a "smooth criminal"

16. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Get an Energy Drink.. Make everything Faster!!

or get Drunk and make everything a smooooth blur!... haha

17. RazerBlue

RazerBlue Member

GPU:
    e-Geforce 8800 GT Superclocked
    I have the solution the frame rate problems with Crysis. Just turn off post processing and motion blur, then ull be 60fps avg,

18. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    how do u turn off the motion blur....

19. zinc99

zinc99 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    I just want to play on very high with my 1680x1050, but that would cost $3k in hardware.

20. Armoured

Armoured Ancient Guru

see that's what f*cking sux right now. there aren't even enough graphics options..i can't believe it. there should be individual options for turning off/on every graphical effect, not this bull crap simplified options of selecting low, medium or high for such generalised options. it's so annoying. they have post-processing and you have to select from low to high which is ****ing ridiculous. what if someone wants depth of field but no motion blur, or maybe the other way around...it just can't be done without complicating the f*ck out of you. i am going to be very pissed if it remains the same in the final game.

A good example of how this should have been done is World in Conflict. the game has sooo much graphics options, it's great!

but anyway to turn off motion blur, try lowering the post-processing.