Crysis actually runs smooth!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by InGen, Oct 29, 2007.

1. exzeth

exzeth Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080ti
    i heard that!

we're so obsessed about how many fps we want our hardware to run game at, we don't even appreciate the game.

do us all a favor and disable FRAPS!.....it's just a distraction....go play the f****ing awesome game, and enjoy crytek's hard work!!

2. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Agreed... thank you.

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Funny how some people keep debating on which fps are smooth, depends on the person, but for competitive gaming Crysis sure as hell isn't smooth. For a casual gamer, 25 fps might seem smooth, but for a competitive or more then just casual gamer, it could seem sluggish as hell.

Same goes for people that kept telling me 50 fps in css was smooth, try and kill 5 people in 1.8 seconds tbfh and then come and talk, you do need more then 25 fps to play at your best.

Crysis however, seems rather doable for an SP once u go above 30 fps, but any lower and your mousemovement becomes severely laggy.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    yep.... sure you can rodman. can tell a 4fps difference between 56 and 60. i mean hell.... 60fps is only what.... a single frame every 16 THOUSANDTHS of a second. yeah.... i'm sure your eyes are that keen. sounds to me more like someone trying to keep his e-p*nis in shape.

if you THINK you can discern a difference in fps between say.... even 50 and 60..... i have some advice for you. GO OUTSIDE!!!!!! you're spending way too much freakin time with your face plastered to a monitor. And if you can't live with 20-30fps..... get out of the PC gaming end of things. You'll go broke paying for all your upgrades to KEEP your e-p*nis in tip-top shape. Go out.... get a job.... buy yourself a 360 or something, so you can say "Yeah.... my games NEVER drop below 60fps (even though in reality they more than likely do at some point in time...... nothing's perfect, not even the oh-so-craptastic PS3)"

I'm sorry... but people who try to convince others that they defy the laws of.... basically the human body.... piss me off. Don't know why..... i just get irritated by people in general.

5. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080
    60hz is the NTSC format
    even so all tv shows, games and movies run at 30fps.
    25fps for PAL.

6. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
  7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Running smooth =/= seeing smooth, you are right when you say you visually can't see the difference between 50 or 60 fps, hell not even between 50 or 70, but the difference is there and can be felt.

The biggest difference is noticable in mousemovement, which basicaly becomes alot more sluggish at a certain framerate, which is different in every game-egine.
    And this is very noticable if you are doing very fast actions, for example:

You hear an enemy behind u, you quickly turn 180° degrees and shoot him in the head. This whole reaction could easily be even bit less then a second, as people that game alot have a thing which we'd call 'muscle memory', a reaction done hundreds of times before, which has become such a habit that you can do it so fast that you don't even have to think about it anymore.

8. Grahf

Grahf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    http://www.tweakguides.com/Graphics_5.html

Movie/film/TV FPS is *NOT* I repeat *NOT* the same as PC game FPS.

Can the human eye detect more than 20/60/etc fps?

YES.

http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html
    http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see.htm
    http://www.**********.com/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=193
    http://whisper.ausgamers.com/wiki/index.php/How_many_FPS_human_eye_can_see

FPS Compare: A program which allows you to see two rendered scenes in split-screen at different framerates which you choose.
    http://www.tweakguides.com/files/FPSCompare_v05_beta.zip

Download the program and try comparing 30 fps and 60 fps side-by-side and see the difference for yourself. You'll shatter the age-old myth that we "can't see more than 25 fps" in about two seconds. :)

9. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    Yes it's true, i can notice FPS when they are at 30 fps/40/50, if they are under 30 FPS, urrgghhhhh.:)

10. btdvox

btdvox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 690 - +135%/+100/+200
    Alot of people are coping with frames, if it was any other game it would be WHAT THE... but i understand this, as i am also.

But what i mean by not smooth and slow and why i need at least 30 frames because pulling off a headshot is so GOD DANG ANNOYING!!! Its too laggy. Playing First person shooters im sure others can relate. Now please dont cope with this fact.

11. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    i can see difference in fps if they are 100 and 30... 100 is smoother, thested my self on Css with fps limit :p

12. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    LoL > Game spoot Hahahaha :knock:

I agree with some when they say that 30 can be played very well, in the age of empire is more than enough.

But Crysis is a pure FPS and as everyone needs a high rate of FPS to play fluently.

It is clear that the current hardware is inadequate for this game, is only capable of displaying 30/40 FPS on DX9 mode and if we do not use AA ofcourse, if AA is enable is the total disaster.

In conclusion the current batch of graphic DX10 for this game is a disaster in DX10 mode and inadequate in DX9 mode.

Why Crytec launch a game for which there is no hardware ?

I think it should have been delayed at least until upcoming 9xxx release.

I am not so sure that the 9xxx come so powerful, but at least I think that may play with AA to 30/40 FPS.

In my opinion very powerful have to be 9xxx to run this game Around 60 FPS everything at maximum.

I think it needed in Minimum 4XAA native and double speed shader that current 8800, its posible ? I think not.

But at least two 9xxx in SLI could run this game some decent 40/50 FPS with AA in DX10 mode.

What think about it?

13. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Crysis demo...smooth.
    Hahahahaha....

14. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    Your missing the point buddy, smootheness with fps differs from game to game, even in a very early interview they said that fps could be lowe and it would be smooth.

15. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    I dunno, all I can say is that, with older games....CSS/UT2k3/4 and the like, higher FRs=smooth gameplay. I recall playing Unreal2 and noticed slowdowns when FRs went below 30fps.....from usual 50-70fps. But oddly enough, with next-gen games like Bioshock/Lost Planet/ETQW, I see 30fps as being smooth. I play ETQW @19x12, max detail SP mode, and FR's locked at 30fps.....it's smooth as silk. With Crysis, I've noticed that this trend continues.....30fps is perceived to be smooth.

16. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    yes i agree with this smooth comment :D

17. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    you all have just been hit by a "smooth criminal"

18. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
    30 FPS is not smooth...

Trying playing a twitch shooter with 30 FPS...

Its playable, but in no way enjoyable.

19. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Because 30 FPS does not FEEL or PLAY smooth as you say.

Different people have different eye's there is a huge difference when playing at low FPS and it basically kills any enjoyment of the game.

20. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Are you serious with this post or sarcastic, I cant tell :knock: