Crysis 3?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Tbh, i get the feeling that they're nerfing older cards with drivers as they go along. Some games that worked great with older drivers when the 580 was still top now run a very noticeable sluggish with newer drivers.

Will probably see it happen with 680's as well. Though in saying that, the game is barely out in most countries so after a couple of weeks we should see sli support being fixed, maybe their just focusing on AMD drivers at the moment as this is an amd sponsored game so probably have to give them first priority for awhile due to contract or something.

2. Gabgoub

Gabgoub Member

GPU:
    Giagabyte GTX 580 in SLI
    If you notice, I had a follow up comment above yours stating that SLI was off.

But you are right, performance is dipping, so is it a grand conspiracy from Nvidia to force us getting new cards? If yes, screw you nvidia lol, I didn't pay a ton of $$ just to lose support less than two years of my purchase.

3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Conspiracy theories..

Oh boy :)

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Dont get me wrong, im not saying conspiracy, just that as time goes on an new cards are released im sure they just focus more on optimizing the newer cards and just leave the older ones as is from the last stable driver release.

Though i do find it funny that Hitman Absolution is more taxing than C3, Would even say it looks better too when the res is anything above 1080p

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013

5. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I don't think Hitman is justified in being THAT taxing though. Something seems off.

I've played both at 2160p. And Hitman comes out looking very crisp. But it's also a lot more simplistic. Less detailed. And the foliage in Hitman is nowhere near C3's level. Let's examine....

[​IMG]

Look at those trees :)

[​IMG]

I love the game's look, but tell me those plants aren't a bit... simple :)

This, to me, looks like it should be a bit more taxing:

[​IMG]

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    While simple sure, but its not like C3 is leagues ahead of Hitman. I mean if i where to go out and buy a new gpu, it would be based on how good it performs in hitman.

Edit: The trees look different mainly due to texture color more than anything.

7. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Seems to be running better in SLI after disabling desktop composition and setting the frame limiter to 60 in the cvar configurator. No wild fps swings now and famerate is frequently at 60 with everything on very high and SMAA on low. Still, 60 fps doesn't feel silky-smooth like it does in most other games. I wonder if frame latency is an issue here.

Still really enjoying the game though. The sneaking around predator-style gameplay suits me to a tee.

8. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Hitman is still one of the best looking games I've played... but they weren't exactly crafting areas as detailed as this one. I need to go replay that level actually... so awesome.

I think I liked Hitman's seedy atmosphere more than anything else. And Agent 47's painted-on scowl :) And check out that light-shade. SIIIICK!

9. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Is it just me or did anyone else felt bit thrown off when
    Rasch and Prophet turned on their Emperor Palpatine mode on?
    Also now that I had more time to digest the ending... while not implausible given the number of years between the first Crysis and the third one,
    I realize that Ling-shen Island as tropical island needed some explanation since the whole place was frozen solid.

Update: Another bug found. If you have Feline's larger magazine size upgrade doesn't work if you equip it with laser sight.

10. Section 9

Section 9 New Member

GPU:
    2x Evga GTX 580s SC 1.5GB

11. Slikar

Slikar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Hey guys, i just got the game and it's running really bad for me.. i played mp alpha before with everything on high 1920x1080 and it was great.. but now it barely plays well on medium and i get lots of lag and frame skipping.. very sad :(
    Do i maybe need a new CPU or something?

edit: here is my GPU usage..

Code:
    [URL="http://oi50.tinypic.com/2hdpnxx.jpg"]http://oi50.tinypic.com/2hdpnxx.jpg[/URL]

12. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I just want to take back about stealth being too dominant. Armor appears equally dominant even in post-human-warrior difficulty with few of the upgrades. Actually, armor based play might be more safer route than any no-bow stealth play because enemies love to spam grenades at your previously revealed location.

13. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Yea... i've been playing on one of the easier difficulties... and even then it's like even the crappiest grunts have a slew of grenades at their disposal.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Well I ended up buying this game after all because it didn't look as dull setting-wise as the last game from the videos I watched plus I have played the first two games so it makes sense to find out how it all ends, right?

I naturally ramped everything up to maximum at 1920x1200 and selected TXAA High and started the game. It goes without saying that the graphics are astonishing, more so than Crysis 2 ever looked out of the box (since it shipped without DX11). I actually thought I was watching a 1080p pre-rendered movie until I realised the game had given me control and I could play it. This game has by far the best human and enemy models I've seen in a game and it actually made the Killzone 4 gameplay footage I saw from the PS4 the day before look ordinary! The first level has incredible lighting and rain effects plus so much detail that it actually feels like a real place not something designed for a video game.

Shame then that the performance is so erratic. During my 45 minute playthrough (it didn't unlock until midnight so I couldn't play it for as long as I'd have liked) I saw the framerate fluctuate usually between 35 and 60 fps but, in certain sections, 18-22 fps! Bearing in mind, I have SLI so it is natural to assume my PC can handle maxed out settings. I suspect it is the 2 GB VRAM that is the limiting factor here as I saw usage rise to 1,984 MB at various points. I tried different AA options but none of them improved the performance that much, not even the lowest one, FXAA. All of the AA options fail to address all the aliasing as well - just check out the tutorial level - although I found MSAA and TXAA to offer the best solutions, especially the latter.

For the first time in years, it feels like my PC is struggling to run a game which is usually when I consider upgrading. Guru3D's reviews have shown that a CPU upgrade from an i7-920 @ 3.8 GHz is pointless for the majority of games so that only leaves me with a graphics card update. I suspect that if I'd had cards with 4 GB of VRAM that Crysis 3 might have ran smoother but it's telling that NVIDIA release their new £825 Titan card at the same time as this demanding game.

Seems like a decent game so far, certainly a very attractive one technically, but it looks like I'm going to have to lower/tweak the settings to get adequate performance from it. That's not something I like doing as I'm a bit of a graphics snob who insists on playing all my games at the highest settings.

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The first level has these weather effects that do a number on overall performance but it looks awesome. :)
    (The shader effect on the glass windows also causes performance to go down a bit but again it looks great.)

Second level has framerate jump a bit (From ~50 - 60 to 30 - 40 and then up again, as a example.) but I believe it's due to the streaming system and thus possibly a HDD limit though I can't be certain, it could be some game effect like the wind and how the grass reacts to it just to name one thing or the dynamic shadows as the sun updates the lighting system.

16. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    I've posted before. It's not shaders, glass windows, weather... are the ropes and it is a performance bug. When they fix this bug the performance in those situations will be doubled.

(remove space)
    http://maldotex.blog spot.com/2013/02/performance-bug-in-crysis-3-first-level.html

17. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    But what about that part where you get to the dam,
    to shut down the two generators
    and all the glass there, i seen a slowdown too, but it dissapeared after i moved away from glass room.

18. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    There must be something going on here. I haven't experience fps drop when looking at class.

19. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    But are you playing with vsync on?, because if framerate is halved from 140 to 70 fps and you're seeing 60 fps in both situations, you can't see the drop.

SLI-756, I will stay in first level until a fix from crytek.

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I had that part when you do the first kill running bad at first, but then i got it going ok.
    I guess you're seeing it worse with your dual setup there, MaLDo.
    Totally respect your stance, however after first patch is here i wouldn't wait any longer, you're gonna love this game when you get it going dude.
    These slowdowns don't last, even at times when loading a level for first time it'll be slow for first 5 - 10 secs but then it's fine, sometimes even the game will freeze for 5 secs or so at these parts when just beginning a level for first time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.