Crysis 3?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    how do you force multigpu? rather than auto detect cuz I know u can do that in crysis 1 and warhead

2. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Yes, at last someone else has noticed this, it's been driving me ****ing mad!
    For me it only happen is SLI though, have you tried single card to see if it happens?

Edit, sorry I see you did try single. I am sure a patch will sort this out. SLI is a little unusable when this happen with such big drops. It must be a cpu problem as it still does this at lowest settings?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Yes i know that bit at start of game the first guy you gotta cloak kill, i first had it running crap, now i got it running good, in-game v sync off, framerate capped @60, and using adaptive v sync [someone on nvidia forum was saying that the utility will actually cap at 62.5fps and that's why adaptive v sync works well].

monitor cpu usage with task manager while playing these parts of game.

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    The in game V-SYNC is really bad. Adaptive v-sync fixes that, also I wonder why they can't give option for triple buffering.

5. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Is there any in game console command to show FPS? because I can't run evga osd so I can't see what is my fps...and I don't want to use fraps

6. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

It's incredible how they can't fix the most basic things

24hz HDMI bug
    Broken ingame vsync
    Missing TripleBuffering in DX11
    Broken bokeh
    Performance bugs
    Inconsistent presets (what if I want Parallax or tesselation without too higher LOD ratio?)

7. Dragam

Dragam Guest

GPU:
    Msi gtx 680 sli
    Man, id really like to play this game, but at the same time i really cant be bothered to use 50 $ on 5 hours of gameplay.

8. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Thanks mate.

9. tibial

tibial Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 580GTX 3-Way SLI
    Can't we force triple buffering and V-sync through D3DOverrider?

Also I think the 24Hz Hdmi bug (which is still present from Crysis 1, lol) can be remedied if we create a custom resolution like 1920x1078/60Hz which should then be available in the game settings. It worked for me on Crysis 2 which was forced to run at 50hz under dx11. Maybe a slightly different problem but worths an effort.

I can't believe we're still dealing with the same issues after Crysis 1, Warhead and 2. Obviously Crytek did not learn from their mistakes or completely ignore the community.

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    D3DOverrider doesn't work at least in my case any more in W8.

I can't seem to get chromatic aberration effect disabled. That seems to be the main culprit for aliasing.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Testing the available console commands, not much but I updated my config a bit and also switched from SMAA 2xT to SMAA 4x
    (I still manage to keep 30 FPS, usually. :p )

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    (These are LOD ratio tweaks, first I set it to 0, then 10, then 40 which is default for V.High and after that 100 which showed further details and finally 1000 which showed some more detail still.)

(Slight performance drop, 40 to 100 wasn't as bad as I expected though.)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

(This is the shadow resolution, default on V.High is 1024 and in Crysis 2 there's a shadow glitch if you go above that but here you can go higher, I use 2048 though there's a very high performance hit and I briefly tested 4096 but it sent framerate into the teens so I can't use that.)

[​IMG][​IMG]

(This is a minor tessellation distance tweak, I use 100 but here I tested 0 which mostly disables it and 30 which is default for V.High, again it doesn't take decals and such into account so that's why the vine is clipping straight through the trunk.)

I wanted to compare the r_ssreflections differences but I can't see a difference between 1 (sharp, non blurry reflections according to the ? description) 2 (soft, blurry reflections) 3 (Soft, blurry - alternate method - reflections.) and 4 (soft, gloss, blurry - alternate method.) reflections.

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Hmmmmmm... It doesn't look like my SLI is working or the difference between enabled and disabled is close to nothing. Though according to visual indicator it is.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Have you tried setting r_multigpu = 1 in system.cfg and/or autoexec.cfg?
    (2 is default and should auto-detect and enable the command when a SLI or Crossfire setup is used, extra overhead or well I don't quite understand how the command works but forcing it by setting a value of 1 might help.)

(Try using the latest beta drivers as well but you probably already are since both AMD and Nvidia are bringing some nice Crysis 3 multi-gpu performance boosts in those.)

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Hmmm.... I did that than according to GPU-Z GPU2 is running at 100% while nothing for GPU1.

EDIT:
    Did a new test without forcing it. Both do get used to max and it's no where near maxing vram but still weird performance. This probably needs patches and driver improvements.
    [​IMG]

Also this does have triple buffering on for sure. Just that forcing VSYNC (normal even) seems to give better results than ingame. It's a shame that it's so difficult to capture NVIDIA forced FXAA. 2xMSAA and driver FXAA seems to give rather nice quality actually.

15. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Dunno I paid less than 50$ and I'm more than 5 hours in the game now.

IMHO it's worth it just for the graphics. They would remove all gameplay and I would still be happy haha.

16. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Took me 8 hours.

17. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    i too am a graphics whore :cyclone:

18. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Do particle collisions need to be set to dynamic for the grass to move in these instances?

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Right guys my copy turned up and is installed from disc but obviously I can't play yet. Can someone walk me through doing vpn for origin at all? I can't wait any longer. >_<

20. darrensimmons

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Go into google chrome settings.
    click on show advanced settings.
    click on change proxy settings
    click LAN or use LAN settings
    tick box use proxy sever
    Enter this into the sever address

218.189.179.170 and port number 808

Apply or click ok

You should now be in HONG KONG:)

Give it a minute to take effect and then fire up origin##log in, it will be in offline
    mode but you will be able to play crysis 3.

Once you are into origin you can disable the proxy and play online

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.