Crysis 3?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    It's yours :)

I will PM you when I have the code. In Uk so will be around 22nd I should think.

2. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    Im getting ready for less than promised visuals. just like what we got in Farcry 3 and most recently Aliens: CM. seems to be a growing trend.... gameplay presentations showing modified graphics that dont exist in full game.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Wouldn't surprise me, they run the game on a high end dev system that no PC gamer comes close to owning, then people get their hopes up.

Crytek have something to prove so you never know, the tessellated toad won't though as that was a joke.

4. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I've seen what the game looks like downsampled from 4K. Pretty awesome. And that was beta.

I imagine that single player with tessellation, more dense foliage and better detail overall will look even better.

Problem is, my system can't run the game at that resolution (well enough for screenshots but thats it)... and 1080p even with 4xTXAA doesn't even come close to looking that good.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That is a fantastic looking screenshot, you know something looks good when you find your eyes darting around the screen trying to take in the detail.

Love the art style as well, with the new tech and a good art style for the first time this should look pretty special.

6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    That was a lucky screenshot with the guy walking through the swamp like that. I was killed many a time trying to get screenshots in the beta, heh.

Sad thing is, I know that even with 4x 680s, I wouldn't be able to play at that resolution smoothly =\

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    How about two Titans?
    Maybe turn down other things that you might not notice as much, as the downsampling does make for such a nice image.

I never played the beta, but i imagine the branches look considerably worse when you don't run it at such a high resolution.

I'm holding off on this for a bit anyway, have nowhere near the hardware to properly enjoy this, and while i'm waiting a few patches/mods will probably be waiting for me.

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Actually they run Crysis 3 on a single GTX680.

I hope it's not like this again..
    [​IMG]

They were saying that a single 8800GTX and a c2q Q6600 would run the game at max settings..Total BS..

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  9. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    crysis 1 and warhead wss best i still play sometime.crysis 2 was crap.thats it

10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Crysis 2 was good but graphics sucks even with Maldo's Mod..(Respect Maldo, your mods are great)
    The game is totally consolized..

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Crysis 2 without Maldo's mod looks better than Crysis/Warhead as both look old now, with the mod and it's easily the best looking game I've ever played.

12. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    sweeeeeeet! Thanks man.

Redemption, ive never ran crysis 2 with maldos mod before. How much of a performance hit does it take with the mod?

13. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    its a corridor shooter though, the open gameplay at the start of Crysis puts it to shame. Tbh theres a lot less rendering in a city scene than a jungle.

14. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Tessellated Toad really ought to be a pre-order bonus, playable character.

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Yeeaeah, I'm just never going to listen to anything you say ever again.

16. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    I sure as hell hope it's not 5 hours long for the campaign as I have no real interest in the multiplayer side of things.

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i will take any graphics if it is not unreal engine 3, crysis 2 i enjoyed well enough, heck i might even replay it and it still looks better than any game developed in ureal engine period.

still dunno gonna wait on reviews on this seen bit here and there that looked really good, but stil not buying into anything until they ship a game and people play it.

oh wait i bet it requires origin hmmm......

18. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Like that DICE dev rig with 32 cores for example. Turned up a DICE dev tried Far Cry 3 and it wouldn't work in his rig, so it was patched to work with PCs with 32 cores and above lol

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I'm gonna give the MP a try but i'm not interested in KDR or anything like that.
    Don't get me wrong i like a challenge, appreciate skilled players and enjoy getting better at games with practice. But sure even if it is 5 hours i don't expect i'll be running through it, running by all that dx11 tessellated sweet sweet candy. :p
    I'm ready to throw £400 into my rig to get it at 60fps 1080, basically.(the campaign that is)

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Noob :p Wait for TIIITTAAAN! :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.