Crysis 3?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I don't think that is what he meant, he simply doesn't believe what Crytek says.

2. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Could somebody make an explanation of the storyline in crysis 1, 2, and 3? I am really confused since didnt prophet died in crysis 2?, WTF is he doing now?

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Prophet is now an AI in the suit and he merged with Alcatraz because the suit merges with you as it heals you ..... and I twisted my arms while explaining how it goes.

4. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    From what I've seen, it definitely looks like there's more freedom than most shooters these days. I actually didn't really like the single player in Crysis 1. Crysis 2 was almost a little TOO directed. I'm thinking 3 will be just perfect. We'll see. I still wish the suit mechanics would go back to how they were in 1....

5. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Mind blown.
    Yeah in their effort to not anger the pc audience they just ended up messing up the whole story/concept too much. Shame they couldnt make the 2nd game the way I imagine they intended due to console limitations.
    Cryteks games are only worth based on how shiny they look anyway, and cry engine x.x is too old to look shiny. I certainly hope the next one looks awesome tho, 1 good gfx showcase game per console generation isnt too bad, for me anyway since i consider crytek a lost cause already.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The new CryEngine is errr....new, it's one of the newest engines around certainly no old lol.
    Jeez, why do so little people know anything about game engines anymore?

jim2point0, i agree that neither of the first two Crysis games were very good, but i'm also thinking it could be third time lucky for them.

7. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I really wish Crytek would make an open world game a la FC3 or Stalker. It seems like a waste of their engines, which are brilliant technically, to have them shoved down your throat via a linear on-rails campaign. I'd like to have a reason to stop and admire the surroundings, fill the world with interesting things to search for (yeah I'm looking at you FC3, with your useless and generic artifacts). Let us interact with the world and make us feel something for the destruction of one of the world's greatest cities. Crysis 2 didn't stir up any emotions in me other than the voice inside my head telling me to "Hurry the f*** up and get to the next checkpoint, grunt!".

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I dont know why i buy this every time but i do.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    This is reminding me so much of the time before Crysis 2's release. Crytek would release a gameplay video... people would gush all over the graphics... get all excited.

Then the game comes out, people bash the gameplay... rip apart the graphics for not being good enough.
    And people like me who actually like Crysis 2 are looked at as if there's something horribly wrong with us. ;)

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    It's only natural. It's that thing called Over-Hype. I, too, quite liked Crysis 2. I did kinda miss the ability to break stuff like you could in Crysis... but it wasn't a necessity to me. Crysis 2 didn't quite have the SCALE of Crysis... but the graphics were quite epic.

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  12. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    www.dso gaming.com/news/crysis-3-gets-some-new-beautiful-screenshots-from-its-single-player-campaign/

*Remove space

13. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Nice screenshots! I wonder what GPU is used:D

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I got it turned up as high as i can and it does not look that great to me,beta still i guess.
    40 fps single 680

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    You guys use this at all?

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=56955

17. Wanny