Crysis 3?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I couldn't agree more.
    And yes, crashing on the final boss is something worth throwing the game over crytec's head for.
    I remember upgrading my pc just to play it and then finding that even my upgraded PC couldn't handle it well. Even now, with all maxxed up with CCC patch for increased graphics I can't run it perfectly fine xD
    Hope C3 isn't ****, but being a console port... I can bet it will be.

2. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    All i'm going to say is that he never said the framerate they were running at. The only things he mentioned were "Running at the highest detail" and "8800". Not even a mention of what resolution they were running it at. Dropping the resolution a peg made far more of a smoothness difference than dropping detail.

4. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    To run Crysis 1 at a rock solid 60fps you still need 2x 680.

The first levels are "easy" on the hardware but the last ones (levels with the full alien invasion) are the real test.

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Even though I was a long-time Crysis 2 hater (but loved the first game) I finally got arround playing it more with all the eye candy mods and the game was entertaining so I started to look more forward to C3 now.

I would love if C3 would have a bit more freedom and a decent physics system. Shooting trees in Crysis 1 was the shizznit, Crysis 2 had almost no physics (you could get stuck with the tank on a street lantern...).

6. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  7. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
  8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    1x 580gtx is enough, what you need is a (extremely) fast cpu and system ram. Crysis 1 pushes dx9/dx10 API to its limits and beyond.

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Of course the 360 and PS3 were further behind the PC when Crysis 2 came out.

10. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

If Crytek claims that PC's were behind consoles when Crysis 2 came out, they must be arguing that (for example) the new Xbox 720 coming out is less powerful than the Xbox 360, seeing as the upcoming Xbox 720 is using hardware that has performance equivalent to a PC from a couple of years ago.

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I forgot to mention, a little while ago I came across an article that Crysis has moved to at least a five series game, not three as originally planned. The most interesting part is that in the platforms listed, it lists the next gen consoles. Why is this interesting? One thing it doesn't list is PC! Crytek dropping PC for Crysis 4 and 5? or just an oversight?

Actually, come to think of it another article about the Call of Duty's after Black Ops II also didn't list PC.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
  12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Probably an over sight, won't miss them if Crytek doesn't bring their tech demos to the PC.

13. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    No PC support but we'll be able to play it for free on our Google glasses...

14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I highly doubt they'd drop PC support... ESPECIALLY for the Call of Duty franchise.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    They dropped pc support at crysis 2, thats why C2 didnt ship with DX11.

Then this dude.. right, dont know if you've heard of him, goes by the alias of Maldo...

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Not to discredit what Maldo has done.
    But the idea that people suddenly think Crysis 2 is a better, more playable game simply because it has higher resolution textures... are deeply mistaken.

Same as those that made comments about how "Crysis 2 is now playable." once Crytek released the DX11 update.
    It plays exactly the same. Nothing has changed except the visual fidelity of the game.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Agreed, I find it amusing. Crysis 2 was a fun shooter on its own.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It was a ribbing at Crytek for the whole lack of DX11 thing and in reference as to what was said about Crytek (rumored or otherwise) dropping support for the pc, the gameplay is still rather sub-par and the AI is some of the most boring I've ever come across.

Oh and the controls along with the fact that they dropped the two separate types of sprint (Suit activated and normal human sprint) as in Speed was constantly activated so if you got shot your energy was depleted to the point of not being able to even sprint normally like in the 1st game... that was treason.

Halo 1 has more going for it.

Gfx don't make a game for sure.

Also I thought it was just a tech demo nothing more?
    PS: Im just being a smart a**, so no offense intended.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I personally have always been on the odd side of things.
    I really enjoyed FarCry, but not for it's amazing visuals. While they were great, I had fun with the bad b-level story and 80s action movie feel.

Crysis on the other hand bored the living hell out of me. Visually it was stunning, but I found the gameplay horrible, level design terrible. Pacing absolutely trash... characters completely forgettable.

Crysis 2, in some ways, went back to what I liked about FarCry. A bad story, but it was along the b-level sci-fi movie way. Bad enough it's good and fun. With the gameplay actually being enjoyable.
    Yes, it wasn't the PC crusher Crysis was. But personally, I didn't care. It was fun to play, which was miles above Crysis in my eyes.

I love a great looking game. And when the visuals of a game can truly suck you in and "wow" you, I'm just as caught up in as the next person.
    But, if the gameplay is crap... it doesn't matter to me how pretty the game is. As is, I've always found Mirror's Edge to be a better looking game then Crysis. While not as technically amazing, the art direction in the game is gorgeous. And the gameplay was fun.

Crysis 2 lacking DX11 means nothing to me. Just because a game makes use of DX11 doesn't mean it'll be great. Just means it uses DX11. Could still be a terrible game.
    Crysis 2 was good to me because it was fun, not the best looking game ever... but still a great looking game in many ways.
    Crysis 3, I'm interested in as I'm hoping they keep the gameplay and feel of the second game. Visually, it could be great looking... it could be the best looking PC game ever. I don't really care.

Hell, Singularity is one of my favorite releases in recent years, and it's for the gameplay and art direction. Not the technical ability of the engine.

20. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Normally I do not like to defend my mod, but I think you're not evaluating the whole situation.

First of all, there are people coming out of the dive easily when found too many graphics bugs. Crysis 2 has many graphical errors (which of course, you can go unnoticed), and the DX11 patch added many more.

In addition, there are people that a striking visual appearance, they are encouraged to keep playing, as an added bonus. The core of a game is the gameplay, but there are aspects that add points to make you keep playing like music, graphics, history, and even the score in specific types of games (here could be the nanopoints).

If you buy a crytek game (famous for its graphic quality) and find (maybe some) negative things in that aspect, perhaps, disappointment stop you from enjoying the other game goodies.

I would also like to say that my mod not only changed textures as you said. Besides fixing bugs graphics, the nanosuit runs faster, jumps higher, the enemies are more challenging, I removed some ammunition crates, I added enemies, an options to change FOV, wider weapon fov and of course, a lot of cvar improvements to play with much higher framerate using parallax and tesselation (recommended settings).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.