Crysis 3?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  2. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Crysis 1 was optimized.
    5 years after it's still one of the best looking games and there are areas where no game has matched it yet. The scope, the water, dense fully shadowed vegetation with some plants even being semi transparent (subsurface scattering), even BF3 cannot really match it in places. And with mods...its amazing.
    Crysis 3 will be demanding when played on max, however it still somewhat feels and looks like a console game with many expensive graphical effects on top.
    And I hope this time they will ad real AA and not only blurry shader based post process effect which for some mysterious reason nowadays is called antialiasing :p

3. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Agreed. Crysis 1 is still my favorite game.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Dont get me wrong I think C1 was the best of all so far.
    C2 wasnt crysis it was Halo/Cod with a nano suit.
    The fact that in C2 you couldnt run with out draining your suit was stupid, if you got shot enough then all your energy is gone and your left walking to cover - dumb.

But with C1 I still dont get 60fps running 2 580's and a 2600k at 1080p with 2x AA so I'd hardly call that optimized.

5. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Prophet in Crysis 2: "We cannot fight new wars with old weapons."

*Uses bow*

:D

6. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

Crysis was very optimized in its core BUT has a few performance bugs.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Those arent bugs but dx9/dx10 API limitations. The game code asks to much, but OS API can't handle it fast enough unless you have a very fast cpu/system ram.

I've read this info in one interesting article, i posted rough goggle translation here :)
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4382152&postcount=71

8. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    My pc says

[​IMG]

9. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Good good, will probably be running 2x660ti’s by the time this is out, hopefully will be enough.

As for the first game, even Crytek said it wasn’t the best optimised game ever as their concern was just about image quality, with performance being much less of a concern.

The original Crysis game(s) are still a good looking considering how old they are now, but it’s mostly due to the setting, it’s showing its age compared to newer games/engines, and not just looks like a high res console game.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They'll tessellate unseen water again.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    They didn’t tessellate unseen water last time, so I doubt they will do it this time.

13. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Ofcourse, Nvidia did it :eyebrows:

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nobody did it, unseen water isn’t tessellated, the article that claimed that was pure BS.

Seriously…like we could tessellate all that water under the full city and only have a small performance hit, people forgot to use common sense when talking about this.
    It’s the other DX11 effects that tank performance in Crysis2, not tessellation, even Maldo said so.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes these 2 marked red, especially particles shadows
    [​IMG]

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Exactly, and it was Maldo him..(Im assuming)..self that pointed that out with this article rite thurrr - http://maldotex.blogspot.co.nz/2011/09/tesselation-myth-in-crysis-2-el-mito-de.html

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    precisely, notice when an explosion happens, a tank blows, or a hut breaksdown, there is simply too much fps drop, thats where its not optimized.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the only thing lacking in crysis 1 is the weapon models, the weapon models and bullet sound,they are really offbeat and terrible, lacks optimization when too much is happening on screen.

19. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    I *think* the whole point of the tesselation issue was that, by then, it was known that nVidia GPUs did fairly well in tesselation whereas AMD GPUs didn't (not that it was impossible to have tesselation on AMD GPUs, AMD-sponsored games had well performant tesselation). So the main complain was that Crytek didn't made the effort to be less "trigger happy" with their tesselation, so lots of meaningless things got tesselated, over stressing unnecesarily any GPU who couln't deal with such amounts of tesselation, ie everything that didn't had nVidia on its name. Fueling the criticism of TWIMTBP games and such.

The "proper" method to tesselate something it's by scaling back its tesselation factor while its farther from the camera (thus, dynamicaly modifying object's LOD). AvP did this correctly if im not mistaken. To add more to the injury, tesselation its used to give a more organic, less blocky appearance to objects, that's why the first things that had tesselation were characters, water, etc. Tesselating an object that is, by definition, blocky, its a waste of resources. nVidia users may have not felt it too much, but AMD users did.

Even if it worked perfectly on AMD cards, what Crytek did has "bad implementation" painted all over it, specially when they clearly made way more effort in perfecting their lighting shaders (and pretty much every graphical/animation/physics details of their engine). The way they dealt with tesselation just doesn't fits, that's why is so suspicious.

20. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

Crysis 2 tesselation is not perfect. But scales with camera distance. Has a factor for pixels/triangles relation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.