Crysis 3?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah, up to now I've been using SMAA on medium because I like that textures still retain definition, but have found that the game just feels smoother using FXAA.

2. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I thought the same thing. I've also thought I'd like to see a DayZ-style zombie survival mod in this engine. Hell, it already looks like I Am Legend. :)

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Disabled lens flare and suddenly the game looks much better to me. On mission 2 through the fields it seems a lot of the excess glare and haze has lifted, everything appears much clearer. Also FPS seems to have increased a bit. The attention to detail in the game is incredible, maybe overdone even. This game will result in a lot of GPU upgrades. :D

4. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    yeha I tested it now and its the same smoothness as before with adaptive vsync and set 60 fps cap on system.cfg

So, thats all.. and no tearing (less tearing like adaptive vsync) by the way because Im not using SLI.. :D lol

Now Im gonna enjoy it !! and hope you people enjoy it too !! :banana:

5. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Hope this game makes it to Steam

6. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I'll give you one: drop everything to low just keep textures and particles on high and you won't notice any difference from very high. ;)

7. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    guys quick question :) .. some suggests to cap FPS at 59 instead of 60.. why ? does it even make a difference ?

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    or disable ingame postAA and force it in driver profile, its also nice with latest drivers.

9. Mato87

Mato87 Banned

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    there's is absolutely no chance of that happening Iam afraid :( I wish that would be possible, but now when EA partnered with ubisoft and transfered fc3 and other ubisoft games to origin and vice versa to uplay, it is highly unlikely we'll see crysis 3 on steam :bawl:

Iam gonna try that, and where do I force the post aa in driver profile please? I only see FXAA on or off there...

10. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Anyone could tell me about post processing ? What this setting increases ? I put it on very high, then on low, and i didn't noticed any improvement...curious..
    Also, Shading, means only ssao and ssdo ?

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    idk about post process (maybe this controls AO), but if I lower shading from v.high to high I gained 10fps, the image is slightly less detailed, a little worse lighting - coloring but nothing big.
    Yes driver FXAA, force it to ON in crysis3 profile, but make sure its off ingame.

12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    If VSync +Triple Buffering are enabled with your monitor @60Hz and FPS is capped at 59, that will cause a hitch every second as 1 frame is skipped. If Triple Buffering is off, I think the FPS will drop to 30FPS. I can't remember as when I use VSync, I generally turn on TB regardless.

13. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    There is some graphics comparison screenshots ?

14. Gabgoub

Gabgoub Member

GPU:
    Giagabyte GTX 580 in SLI
    I don't know if this was discussed before, but where are my tessellated trees, and secret toad tessellation that was teased in the graphical demo vid? The toad and trees look normal, and lack tessellation. I demand tessellated toads O_O

EDIT: Re watched the tech video, and the missing graphical details are:
    -Pixel Area Displacement Mapping.
    -Real Time Volumetric Fog Shadows
    -Tessellation on animals like toads, and from the tech video, the alligator looks to be tessellated.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  15. Mato87

Mato87 Banned

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    There is a thing called viral marketing and I think crytek done well in that department, no tesselated trees or frogs means a big [​IMG]to the customer.

16. evilfury

evilfury Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    It will be in dlc :banana:

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    the trees are not tessellated, but use accurate displacement mapping, it has the same effect though and i think it uses compute power for it (can be very demanding).

Also that ambient light fog is another demanding feature - it has a similar look to godrays but completely different.

Idk if its missing, but you can always use this cvar editor and enable it there.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=375103

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    e_tessellation controls the full command but it can't be adjusted directly.
    (In this build at least, it's mentioned they'll adjust that, you can change the preset though - apparently it's only used on V.High and toggles all tessellation which includes shadows, particles, water and well I forgot the full range of stuff they use it for, it's subtle but noticeable when you toggle it - the separate effects can be toggled, such as water displacement tessellation - on/off repeatedly.)

However you can change e_tessellationmaxdistance

Change it from 30 to 0 when in-front of any of the larger trees and you should notice the difference, it's pretty well done. :)
    (Vines and such 2d "decals" also won't clip straight through the tree with this but I doubt they could have avoided that without modeling the thing in full 3D, sprites work OK though and are much faster.)

The one above about pixel accurate displacement mapping is r_SilhouettePOM and it's only enabled on V.High

I doubt you'd notice a difference outside of a direct comparison but toggling it on (or off) does make the game pause a bit as it re-calculates the difference, again it's displacement mapping and not tessellation.
    (The tracks you can see in some levels use displacement mapping - or maybe it's just simple parallax -, even has that view distance bug where the texture appears to slide as you move while looking at it, unfortunately, however this time it is AF compatible.)

The fog command is r_FogShadows (Also only enabled on the V.High preset.) and it toggles volumetric cloud shadows and I guess fog too if they use volumetric well I don't know how it works.
    (This is all covered by the Cvar utility posted elsewhere and the accompanying html documentation.)

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Yes folks it's all there, it's all in the game engine.

20. noname

noname New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX590
    The game is unplayable for me, I have even tried the Titan drivers in my GTX590 and the game still dont uses both GPU's at 100%. If I change everything to low, the game runs at 60fps but still at 50% usage, this is ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.