Crysis 3 vs Aliens :CM

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SLI-756, Dec 29, 2012.

?

Crysis or Aliens?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2013.
  1. Crysis 3

37 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. Aliens :Colonial Marines

48 vote(s)
    56.5%
  1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Alien Colonal Marines, but that engine looks kinda outdated by todays standards. Crysis3 looks so much better then Crysis2, especially its new post process "glass" like filter.

That being said i'll porbably get both, i like Aliens a lot :devil:

2. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Aliens. Those games are better at creating atmosphere...C3 seems to be similar to C2 but only in nicer graphics.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I dont like how Crytek have gone with the cryengine. It looks more cartoony than life like, unlike Crysis 1 which imo has far more realistc lighting, C3 just looks a cartoon with hi-rez textures and a Micheal Bay Transformer bluey post-processing effect than anything special. Such a shame. And i doubt that it's gonna look anything like what we've seen in screens shots and trailers, learned my lesson on that one with Far Cry 3.

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I have hope for Crysis3 -just look at how many voted for it, it was a slow starter but the support showed no doubt.
    if C3 is open world well that'll be very interesting. art direction will be important for me, this is where Gearbox could excell, here's something to consider >>

Speaking to PCGamesN on Aliens Colonial Marine PC system requirements producer Brian Burleson explained that the game’s built around DirectX 11, which should provide some snappy performance.
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/article/aliens-colonial-marines-everything-we-know

[​IMG]

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Aliens CM...i just hope its not consolefied with limited graphics

6. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Well said. I voted for Aliens Colonial Marines. Since Gearbox are involved in the making of the game I have some faith. Hopefully the game will play & run as good as it looks...

7. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Neither of them are even in my top 10 for this year.
    But if I had to choose It'd be Aliens.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I cant believe CM will win this lol, you guys remember AvP 2010? It looks just the same and you ware all bashing and bitching that game to ground...

Many of you voted for some other reasons game dosnt look good as Crysis, gimme a break.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Why would people use AvP as a benchmark for Colonial Marines?
    Two completely different studios.

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    According to many, myself included, Gearbox has made the game of the year 2012 in the form of borderlands2, all i'm hoping for is more of the same tbh.
    Crysis3 got ninja'd by far cry3 somewhat by the Bow. Now the Crysis 3 bow ain't 'all that' cause we've now all got our fill of Bows and arrows from Far Cry3.
    Don't get me wrong if Crysis3 had PhysX i'd have voted for that and i'd be currently saving for another 680. tbh i can't see Crysis3 making me spend, gta5 i'll perhaps get another card for if it's deserving.

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Except that FC3 was lame and I already forgot it. So no, I still want a badass bow.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Yes that's what it may come down to in the end, just how badass the Bow will be. I'm still gonna get it, day1 probably -i'll go retail though.

13. Wanny

Wanny Guest

You can get it for cheap on GMG I think

14. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    If I had to choose between the two... I'm so torn because both have good chance of becoming great yet have a very real chance of flopping badly.

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I think Aliens has the better change of being 'great', if Crysis 3 isn't special at least it has it's uber graphics to fall back on. Gearbox have the most to lose imo not least cause Crytek wouldn't want another release like Crysis2, for the first three months no dx11 support, then the hackers showed up.

16. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    Crysis 3- which will live up to the hype that the original didn't (too advanced an engine-uninspiring story and gameplay-Crysis 2 was much better)-sorry, I'm ready to kiss the UT3 gaming engine goodbye, as of 3 years ago

17. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    What about physx?!!
    Lol, u just considered physx as a major deciding factor!? Lol.
    On topic, don't know much about alien:cm, so crysis3 (still don't believe them)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    In all honesty if the Aliens spat out physx effects i'd be pre-ordering the uber delux version with all bells and whistles attached, PhysX freaks me out tbh, i can't get enough as they say.
    what's crysis3 gonna have? tessellation and nice sound effects. even hitman has cpu based PhysX titties. Yeah lets see how C3 compares to Hitman.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Crysis 3 from what we have already saw, has Aliens CM easily beaten when it comes to things like physics.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It'd be extremely disappointing if Borderlands 2 got any awards all. When your only selling point for a game is PhysX and 'We have this many guns (That all looks the same minus color)' then you really dont deserve any high-fives imo. Borderlands is worse than Fallout 3/NV, as in it's just a plain boring item collecting game with RPG elements thrown to make you feel as though you making some form of progress....imo, sir.

I know your just using C3 as an example, but please dont waste your money upgrading for PhysX for any game until you see page's upon page's of your friends a G3D saying it's an absolute must have, coz as we all know there has yet to be a game that use's PhysX in interesting and game changing way.