Crysis 3 PC System Requirements Detailed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Come on, surely my eye strain comment made it obvious that i don't consider 60fps to be identical to 30fps, framerate and visual fidelity are not the same thing.
    It's like your trying to argue that a screenshot from a game running at 60fps will look better than a screenshot from a game at 30fps.

Attention all 570 owners, this GPU has a 30fps framerate cap, lets petition Nvidia:wanker:

What do you know about what i can or cannot afford, i just wasn't 100% convinced by any of the Kepler cards, the 690 is a huge waste of money that due to the 256bit bus and 2GB of vram will absolutely crumble with Crysis 3 and again with Metro Last Light and probably every other compute heavy game that is out in 2013.
    2 7970's would be much better and much cheaper.

Anyway, my original point about Crysis 3 is that it won't be a port and even if it was, who cares when the footage we have saw shows that it look far beyond any other game we have ever saw.

2. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Just be glad they didn't write it as a Metro-only app so it only works with Windows 8, because I'm sure Microsoft would have been glad to drive a convoy of trucks loaded with cash up to Crytek and say: "Hi there, would you like to help us sell Windows 8?" :uhoh: Geez, that's a disurbing thought :uhoh: Thank the gods of binary code that that never happened.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Whine on Redemption Whine on.....

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I plan on it :)

5. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI
    i dont get it, im running I7 2600k, 8gb 1600mhz RAM, GTX 570 1.2GB sli and windows 7 x64 and crysis 2 with all the gubbins and maldo plus FXAA with 32xCSAA and 2xSparsgrid runs a constant 60 fps for me, this is running @ 1920x1080

how are most of you running so bad?

even alpha crysis 3 was smooth for me, take farcry 3, maxed out im getting 50fps altho al move to one are it drops to 20fps then move out of that area its back to 50fps during gunfights so i took MSAA off and everything else maxed and constant over 60fps.

6. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I dont even wanna know what Veteran would have to say about someone with a card under a GTX 570... I personally dont GIVE A F*CK if a game is a port as long as it we pc gamers get it. I mean even if its a little Black OPS 2 is dx11 and even free to play fps are dx11. Just seems like so many now just have so much time to cry and complain or bicker without some form of a proper discussion.

I personally look forward to what Crysis 3 will be like. I liked Crysis 2 even without dx11 at first.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Actually i wouldnt have said anything, Dont matter to me neither do i care what card that you or anybody else has as it does nothing for my gaming experience.

However go back and read post 57 as i was making a valid point.

8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I have read it. Thanks for assuming I have done none of the latter, problem with text on a screen is the lack of emotion put into reading text to show sarcasm at any extent. Though maybe I could have mustered up enough wit to possibly portray that in my post.

Its all good either way. Just was stating how things have come across and been around the internet forums for the last 3 or 4 years now.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hmm, im confused. Dont the sysreq say something about more that 4gb of ram.

To those saying there are to many ports lately, i agree. (Play Transformers FOC - best port ever seriously osum!!)
    The days of STALKER (rip) and Crysis were the last and dying days of PC dev love imo.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Star Citizen is strictly PC, Dont know wether your into that kinda game though.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, the Hi-Performance specs mention 8GB ram, so we will have to wait and see.

I'm sure i read

Transformers FOC really?
    That doesn't even make my top 10 best ports, nice art style, but it's on a old engine and there was no advanced graphic options, presets is never the sign of anything other than a serviceable port.

Dishonored was a much better port if we are going to compared games on UE3, but there are several other games that are better than both of them.

Star Engine won't be out until around 2015 and is using CryEngine3 which by then might be outdated as knowing Crytek they will have CE4 out by then.

12. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    I hope my trusty old socket 775 rig can run this on med with decent framerate. I won't upgrade til Haswell come out.

13. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    port or not, i don't think todays PC hardware is quite as amazingly capable as some like to think they are. even the best PC exclusives don't look much better than any good "port"

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That's the point i have been arguing recently, i just haven't saw any proof that exclusives have better visuals or are better optimised.

Most PC exclusives are MMO's and indie games, which need to be reasonably low spec to sell.
    While the big ones likes Serious Sam 3, Witcher 2 and Hard Reset were all DX9 and suffered from some performance issues compared to how they looked, Serious Sam 3 is particularly bad and also suffered from "console quality" textures.

So if Crysis3 is a port and looks like that, then bring on alot more ports.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Have you played Crysis 2 on consoles!? Its a mess!! I simply can not see why console gamers put up with it. Its frame rate is insane and makes the game unplayable for the most part and has terrible jaggies as its all upscaled and the textures are hideous! (I got it free last month with Playstation Plus subscription and was in shock at how bad it ran and looked!) Even with Crysis 2 vanilla on PC it ran smack bang at 60fps on max settings @ true 1080p and looked pretty nice. Then DX11 patch and hi-res textures came out making the game unplayable for most only those with super high end rigs could play it maxed. I will take slightly less graphical features any day in favor of having 60fps true 1080p or higher any day of the week!

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Agreed, PC is much higher res, has better textures, DX11 features on some games and you have way more options.
    Framerate is much higher and its a joy to play games on, especially with a keyboard and mouse for fps games.
    There are some games that take a while to get patched to work properly, but thats my only complaint.
    If you must have everything working perfect from day one, you arent going to be happy with either a console or PC.

PC is way better than console imo, which is why I dont own a current gen console.
    I have played on friends PS3 and XBox360 and I dont envy them :)
    Games are also cheaper on PC ironically.