Crysis 3 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Feb 24, 2013.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah i was wondering about dof, not really that obvious in this outting.

@ortucis - I think the original idea behind crysis was to make a sandbox style fps with crazy graphics. I dont recall crytek promising anything other than exactly that.

For the un-informed - they delivered, unlike what they promised with crysis 2.

imo.

edit: I still feel that day light in c1 is far more natural and not so post process-ey compared to c3.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Crysis 3 CVar Configurator

I found this for tweaking graphics, not sure if it's been linked too already.

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=56955

*edit*

This let me make the game run so much smoother~

Still a bit of a hiccup every now and then, but much better than before.

You can even cap the framerate.

3. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    I'm running 1920x1080, everything on very high, 2xAA, no motion blur, no v-sync (kills fps with everything on very high), and I'm getting very playable frame rates.

I usually can't stand the tearing with v-sync off. But I don't notice much at all in this game.

I'm enjoying it.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

Cheers dude, :)

Edit:Anyone else getting this error - dxgi_error_device_removed

5. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    I have beatin the game twice now going in for the third time I cant seem to stop playing it maybe of its eyegasmic graphics? lol but anyway good job to crytek team. to show that pc version will always be superior to console.

6. walker2012

walker2012 Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 680
    Being a 120hz gamer this game is epic fail.. 2 x 680's with cpu @ 4.6ghz

some parts run nice and sweet @ 120fps but some parts FPS hit as low as 35 (on high settings 1080p) and gpu usage on each card is 35% on each card.. its like parts of the game cards just fall asleep.

Horrible console port fail, be aiight for you 60hz peeps though.

Just played 1st lvl, maybe others are better?

edit here we go: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/02/ah-so-thats-why-crysis-3s-first-level-is-so-terribly-slow/

7. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Any idea why nVidia is soo much better in Crysis 3 ?

GTX 660 beats HD 7870 with ease.

I'm thinking on upgrade, and hd7870 seems a good choice for me (performance/$).

8. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    It's good to see some PC gamers actually playing the game, rather than spending most of the time benchmarking.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I was getting some oddly choppy framerates when I was playing the game yesterday afternoon which turned out to be caused by MSI Afterburner v3.0.0 beta 5's RTSS module which was showing as 30% CPU usage. Updating to beta 6 fixed this issue and the game ran much smoother so if you're using Afterburner to monitor the framerate then make sure to update to the latest beta build.

10. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    There's certainly a nugget of truth here, but I think it's mostly a matter of finding the performance/image quality sweet spot for most of us. Between in-game settings, cvar tweaks and driver-level enhancements, there are a ridiculous number of variables to experiment with - and most of us game on pc because we like to get "under the hood".

I love this game, and am currently finishing up what may be the longest playthrough in human history - currently at 20 hours :wanker: . I spend each level first clearing the enemies, and then exploring all the nooks, tunnels, and other hidey places scattered about, soaking up the awesome atmosphere and marveling at the brilliant level design. I spent about 20 minutes playing hide and seek with the Ceph ships on the last level, running from pipe to pipe, grabbing JAWs, firing a shot, and repeating until I'd taken them down. It was simply a blast!

11. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Have to say I'm enjoying this game. I rarely like singleplayer games as I have since Quake1 been multiplayer focused and certainly don't like what most current gen gamers like.

Maybe I have strange tastes or prefer old school gameplay, I don't know. Anyway In recent memory the last singleplayer games I enjoyed are : MOH:Airborne, Crysis 1, Duke Forever and now I can join Crysis3 to the list.

Crysis 2 was terrible for me in every way.

12. Gottex

Gottex Guest

GPU:
    3080Ti
    Any improvements in SLI with the new GeForce 314.14 ?

13. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Really? To me Crysis 3 just seems like a watered down version of Crysis 2.

Had they just improved over Crysis 1 I would have liked it better.

I hate the linear city environment, the new walking aliens and dumbed down suit functions.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but after playing 30 minutes from the Crysis 3 beta it didn't interest me in the least.

14. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    I cut my teeth on military sims and sci-fi based games. Then FPS and RTS came out (along with some FPS/RTS hybrids) and I played them, too. I never got into online multiplayer. Then the military sims faded as the expense of developing them negatively offset how many people actually buy them. Next RTS seemed to drop off the popularity radar. Finally online multiplayer FPS/Third Person has become the primary cash cow for the major publishing houses and they have all become the same game wearing different clothes.

Sprinkled through all this there have been some really good single-player based games in all the various genre's. Those are what I play. I look forward to the next accidental hit that catches everyone by surprise. I'd really like to see a well thought out hardcore FPS sandbox style game with a large world and tons of random missions that tie in with a good story. I thought that was what FC3 was going to be based on my experience with FC2 but unfortunately it ain't cuttin it.

15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    You mean Crysis?

16. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Finished the game the other night. I'd say the graphics are decent, some parts look fantastic but overall I dont think Crysis 3 looks anywhere near BF3 when it comes to realistic (not characters but environment). The grass looks really fake imo.

Game was a 6 or 7 at best. Played about 6 hours of MP and SP which took about 8-9 hours to complete.

Looking forward to Tomb Raider.

17. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I'd like to see screens of anything from BF3 that looks more "realistic."

Not saying you can't... it's just I remember BF3 being a lot simpler in terms of its geometry, foliage, and water (ESPECIALLY water).

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I would love tessellated water in Battlefield 3 like in Crysis 3..

That reflected light effect, especially in the dark... is so cool.

19. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Screwing around with Maldo's OnTheFly utility for Crysis 3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I zoomed in with a weapon here (for the DoF) and used a custom key binding which sets "r_drawnearfov 2" to hide the weapon. Also have a binding to bring it right back.

Would be nice to get the bokeh DoF like this, but when you enable the bokeh DoF, it seems to go away when you zoom in with a weapon. So these were just the normal DoF.

Love these key bindings though :)

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    *Reads Post, Thinks about it:3eyes:.... 'Thats a great idea'.....Starts new game*.

Goh damn it Uncle.:)