Crysis 3 #2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Feb 24, 2013.

1. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Well, I can only say one thing regarding what Cevat is saying.

For some reason, I never liked FC series. FC2, was plain and boring. Sure it was hardcore in many aspects but something just felt missing.

Now look at FC3. First Ubi released AC3 which had plain horrible performance, and I thought the ending was horrible as well. Didn't plan on buying FC3 (even though I knew different studios handled both). But when it was out and I played it, I was ... simply stunned. A few levels/moments in the game were so fun, never in my life after say 2007 I've enjoyed so much in a video game. And the music helped the mood as well.

Thing is Crytek can blame everyone, and everything except themselves. When it comes to funding, they have a point, but making 7 wonders and other stuff, sure spent a lot from that 66$M.

Now something from the kotaku review: In the first and part of the second level, a you follow a guy, and in the first level this guy opens doors for you. Now where else have you seen this?

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    This is it.. exactly.

3. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Other than the graphic, there is not much going for this game. It is definitely not fatigue, it is just poor design. They should just forget the mp and focus heavily on the campaign. The story is WAY too short, fighting the same old aliens and cell soldier again and again is pretty boring. Not to mention ZERO AI. :bang:

And yes, the 7 wonder videos are a big waste of money. I didn't even like any of them. Heck, the tech demo and the regular trailer are much more interesting than all those videos combine.

Crysis 3 is a step backward from C1 and C2, graphic is amazing, but that pretty much it. So much potential just went kaboom. :bang:

4. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=105977

For those who got bored with Crysis 3...

Something not relevant, but Steins;Gate according to people had a bad/stupid ending, but for me, it was just fine. Because after all, no other way to end it would seem fit.

Crysis 3 is definitely the best way to end Crysis 2, but the worst way to end what started the journey in Crysis 1. What surprises me is the arrogance of that man Cevat. They think Crysis 3 is their masterpiece. From MP point of view, it indeed is, but SP point of view, I'm surprised they can say that.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I turned the music off and now the game is more fun.. how does that work..

OTL

*edit*

Crysis 2 is not the second Crysis.. so Crysis 3 is actualy the fourth Crysis.

Minus Crysis Wars, which was Mutliplayer Only.

Crysis Warhead.. I felt was better than Crysis 2.

6. Gabgoub

Gabgoub Member

GPU:
    Giagabyte GTX 580 in SLI
    When I beat the final boss, the game crashes. Anyone has this problem?

7. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Better and more stable than singleplayer. I also turn off motion blur and glare (two eyecandies that adversely affect the gaming aspect too much). I keep things all around high to ensure minimum of 60FPS. It does dip below that but it's too rare (like once in 3 matches, and it would be a spike) so I'm not worried about it.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    15fps on Very High...rock on. :rock:

I gave up on Origin3.

9. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Thanks, I might have to look into that mod. :)

As for MP, not sure if you try Black Ops 2 mp? Crysis 3 mp is a complete rip-off from Black Ops 2, even worse, BO2 did a much better job. :bang: That's probably why I got bored within the first two hours. Crytek should be ashamed of themselve for copying BO2 so much in MP.

10. Gabgoub

Gabgoub Member

GPU:
    Giagabyte GTX 580 in SLI
    Any help with the final boss crash? I would really love to see the ending lol

11. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I was so much satisfied with the story in BO2, after that exams started, never tried the MP. When I said C3's MP is great, I'm referring to hunter mode. Does BO2 have anything similar to Hunter mode?

Dunno why its crashing, but definitely is not a vram issue. Well, if you're desperate youtube is your friend :D

12. Gabgoub

Gabgoub Member

GPU:
    Giagabyte GTX 580 in SLI
    I will reset my PC later and try. Oddly enough, this fixes the bugs I encounter in Crysis 3.

13. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Sounds like you never tried anything other than CELL vs Rebel mode.

If you tried Crysis 3 multiplayer with the suit powers, it plays nothing like BO2 outside of some generic shooter mechanics.

14. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    ^ ^
    lol dwn speeds
    whats about 1 gb patch??

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thanks Pill Monster, didnt see your post until i woke up about an hour or 2 ago. As of 1730, it was still trailing along at 93Kb/s at 63%.....13 hours to go. Wooh.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013

16. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    After going back and playing "Welcome to the Jungle" I wonder why they didn't create more levels with this lighting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gah! It's the most natural looking lighting I've seen. Just gorgeous. The game gets so drab and dreary afterwards. Can't wait for custom maps...

17. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    In my opinion this may be the best Crysis game of all of the ones that came before. The first one was more just a demo for their engine. In Warhead they had time to focus more on the actual gameplay and level design, making it a lot more enjoyable as a game, Crysis 2 was again just a demo for their new engine than anything else. Now, Crysis 3 to me feels a lot more like a proper game. They've given a lot more attention to the level design, gameplay and all that (while also still being a demo of shorts for their updated engine). The world feels a lot more open (especially compared to Crysis 2) and most of the levels are so much bigger and better designed. It almost feels like Crytek periodically puts out one good/great game and the other not so good.

Something like this:

FarCry = good (while strangely being a tech demo as well though, but they had a long time to work on it and it being their first game, they likely wanted to make a statement)

Crysis1 = bad (tech demo)

Crysis Warhead=good (mainly built with the tech from Crysis 1 giving them time to focus on the actual game rather than the tech)

Crysis 2= bad (tech demo for their new engine)

Crysis 3 = good (they pretty much had the tech ready with Crysis 2, so all they had to do is make some advances to it and thus had more time to concentrate on the game it self)

The above is of course just my opinion and the way I feel like these games have processed over the years. Also I'm talking solely about their single player portions, not mp because I haven't tried any of them nor am I interested in their MP portions at all.

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Disagree.
    I played Crysis 1 a lot, many times, excellent fun gameplay and open world.
    Before Crysis 3 was released I had just started another playthrough.
    Same with Warhead, good game, worth the replay.

Crysis 2, I didnt enjoy very much, it was more of a chore to play.
    The bs overloading of gfx cards for no benefit didnt improve my opinion.

Crysis 3 looks great, but is too short, really too short.
    And its made for children with no memory, everything is tagged for you so you dont have to learn anything and it makes exploring fairly pointless.
    You have to accept all the information given or not have any of it.

It needs to be way longer and have much less handholding.
    imo :)

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Because ADS sensitivity is so high it requires you to 'strafe aim' often to get a decent shot on target, also each level should have been as long as the last one (which i'm still on).
    There's a part on last level where you get an uber alien weapon /unlimited energy /unlimited ammo it's freaking incredible :D )

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I found c1 to be my fav (out of the 2, still waiting for the 3rd to dwnld.), once i played it in the manner of: wide open sandbox levels, some enemy dudes, and so many ways to take them out.

Thought of it like I was the predator from the movies and the ai were my toys to play with, once i looked at the game that way it was just so much more fun then having a whinge about all the other stuff. Though of course it only works if the ai are competent enough, much like the ai from C1 (tbe humans that is).