Crysis 2 - RTFM

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, Crysis 2 DX9 heats up my GPU very quickly, and usage is maxed nearly all the time.

DX11 would no doubt end up with me capping the game at 30fps, which i will still end up doing anyway, but nice to see it running well first, as i know i would never of choose DX9 if i had the choice of something else.

If i pirated every game i had an issue with, i would pirate most games, Crysis 2, Witcher2, Shogun 2, BF3, DA2 and many more would be struck off my buy list, if a game is good enough to want to pirate, then its good enough to buy, end of.

Reading this and many other threads, it amazes me how gullible people can be.
    Someone on the net says DX11 tomorrow, and loads believe it, then someone else says DX11 will never happen as per Crytek/EA, when neither of them denied it, just that they had never confirmed it, and then lots more believe that.

If its not an official announcement, then why bother paying any attention to it, when most of us know that most sites will say any old crap just to generate traffic.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  2. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Suprim X
    I just love it the way it already is..

no, sorry,

je kiffe sévère !!!! oups, my french came back désolé.

just miss that quick save we had in C1 and in C2's beta:3eyes::3eyes::3eyes:

nevermind, i'll start it again, on the hardest mode 'cuz on soldier i can rip aliens their throat a bit too easy, even finished a Destructor by hands ...:nerd:

when you want pleasure you find it! when willing to see the negatives, there's plenty of it ...
    so as it's up to one to make a choice, what remains is one is positive or not. pleasure at rendez-vous, or .. else

:infinity::infinity::infinity:

3. wubbles

wubbles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    If it's so bad, why pirate it?

4. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080

If its so bad, why buy it?

5. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Because the only ones who are saying its bad as those who pirated it, or are going to pirate it.

Most people are saying its a far better game than the first one, and those with low/mid range PC's are loving how it looks and performs, and there are ALOT more of them than high end gamers.

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Because it's not bad. It's awesome. But, because a few textures aren't ultra high res... and it doesn't use DX11, some people assume it's bad.

Because we all... texture resolution and DX11 make games awesome. :bang:

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    We could all still be playing on 80's tech but we're not.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    That's a hell of a leap. And I'd give it to you, if Crysis 2 looked bad. But it doesn't. The game looks fantastic.
    Hell, people going to complain and throw a fit when RAGE comes out? Because it doesn't use DX11 either. DX9 only.

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    the mp is leaps and bounds ahead of crysis 1 imo. i think i'm liking the sp better aswell, and also, i think the graphics are actually better then C1 ... *runs for cover*

10. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    But many people wish we still were, maybe not the 80's when it comes to visuals, but DX9 was fantastic on release, and is still capable of superb visuals.

While W7 helped undo alot of the mess that Vista did, and DX11 started alot brighter than DX10 did, DX11 is still quite unpopular with the masses, partly due to no game really showing what it can do, but mostly due to the performance hit it causes, helped in no part by AMD/Nvidia.

While the tech heads such as myself love new tech, and like to see things pushed, many see it as a scam to sell new operating systems, and/or expensive video cards.

11. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Took me 7 hours and 31 minutes on Veteran, died alot, so maybe throw in half an hour to forty minutes for that, good length.

12. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080

HA!!! It will use OpenGL which is just as good DX11.

13. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080

It is bad...this is the only place I know were the majority like this horrible console port..

14. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Stop with the goddamn console port, it's getting old and it's rather obvious that it's not a simple "port".

15. wubbles

wubbles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    I'm fed up with people not understanding what a port is. This game may have made compromises for the consoles, but it hasn't been ported from them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porting

16. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Yes it is. Its a simple console port with little joke PC features bolted on.

17. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Suprim X
    google translator doesn't help me getting what a 'port' is.

could someone be kind enough to define it precisely for me ?? sorry, i am learning this very specific grafic/gaming vocabulary.

Thx

18. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Grrrrr..double post, not done that in ages:wanker:

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ignore him, hes just some young kid who has been trolling Crysis 2 threads for weeks now.

If he was serious, then why would he keep wasting time posting about something he hated?

With stuff i hate i forget about it, and move onto something else, wasting your own time thinking and commenting about it is sad and pathetic.

20. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080

Alright fine then. Its a console game developed on PC then ported to console.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.