Crysis 2 - RTFM

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Crysis 2 is funner to me, especially with Stealth Kills, makes you go crazy wondering why Crysis 1 didn't have them, as it would be a ton better with, and fit the theme of the game.

I love having the upgraded Stealth + running upgrade, running behind a guy, stealthing him, recloaking quickly, running to the other, stealt hhim, ect, and watch the reactions of the last guy as all his buddies die, and I leave him. Nothing like that could happen in Crysis 1 without cheats.

Atmosphere is 10x better than the Island. So far it really strikes the mood.

I imagine Crysis 3 will be the best of them all if they can improve this formula.

Let's just put this into perspective. Crysis 1, on high, I get like 30-40FPS, most of the time, going as low as 15 FPS during the final boss fight.

This? Maxed out, 1680 x 1050, 60FPS constant, and looks great to boot. Bugs aside, as there are alot, CryTek, good job, keep it up.

2. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Warhead is a masterpiece compared to this disgusting cut down console port we know as Crysis 2.

Not even on par..

3. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    How the hell do I even get sli to work

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I actually found Warhead to be quite boring compared to the first.

5. thales100

thales100 Master Guru

GPU:
    3-way SLI GTX 480
  6. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580

Autoaim will not stop you getting owned by an average PC gamer with a mouse hence why MS dropped their crossplatform MP gaming project.

No you ain't really good only due to that n00b function that does it for you against other console players, anyone with half a clue here will know a average PC gamer will beat a very good console gamers online due to the mouse speed and accuracy

7. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    True Bliss, Microsoft actually stated that was the reason they stopped the cross-platform online play idea they said. KB+M was far to accurate versus the Console players, with PC players winning 3 to 1.

8. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
  9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    I am sorry but are some of you guys retarded!?

This game is f'n EPIC!

Literally in every way shape and form, apart from technical prowess/polygon count, this game exceeds the first bay a million miles.

I will say it here and now and I do not care what anyone thinks, this is the best FPS game I have ever played since Half Life 2!!!

The level pacing is perfect, it starts off slow. Introduces you to new powers, the story has a nice arc to it as well (even though I do admit the story is definitely its weakest aspect).

The level design is far beyond that of Crysis 1, I do not care anymore about how many polygons a game pushes, or how many technical special effects they can cram into a scene. To me certain scenes of this game look miles better than the first. In sheer scope and size.

The aliens look awesome, react awesome, and the A.I, whilst a little buggy is really very good. Enemies jump over objects, shoot flares, duck your bullets, flank, regroup, wall bounce, use abilities, and all very effectively. The game even on normal difficulty is quite hard.

The gameplay is just insane, this is what I wanted from Crysis 1, more fun. The first half of Crysis 1 was excellent and then the aliens turned up and all went to hell. Matrix-clones if you ask me. But this time, with Crysis 2, with every level the game just gets better and better and more epic than before. The end of the bridge level when it collapses, or the massive wall of water tha surges through the streets of NY and washes cars and buses into your face is just jaw dropping.

If anything I could of asked for a few more guns, and maybe some alien weapons too (if there are any in the game I completely missed them lol).

OVERALL 9.8/10

+ Campaign is quite long 8 - 10 hours (depending on play style 10 - 12 hours!)
    + Excellent graphics/performance, some of the best level design ever!
    + EPIC on a scale beyond anything I have ever played (I play a ton of games)
    + Gameplay is always fun, keeps you wanting more and it keeps giving more.
    + Sound is great, epic music during intense fire fights is heart pounding stuff!

- Pretty weak storyline, though I seemed to follow it just fine unlike others.
    - No alien weapons from what I can tell, not a big deal but would of been nice.
    - Not enough open area's for vehicle sections, again not a big deal.

Some people are extremely hard to please, Crysis 1 came out and people bashed it for being unplayable, and boring. Now Crysis 2 comes out and people complain that it is actually playable!!??? Where is the sense in that? The game is excellent, and I never ever in my wildest dreams expected it to be as epic and as intense and as fun as it was. I shall 100% be replaying this game over and over!

10. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    Well...that patch made sli work and my frames are tons better....but I cant play because of thr flickering on screen is non stop.

Any fix for that

11. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
  12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Spent two hours on this last night once i finished Bulletstorm, between those two games, that the longest i've gamed in one sitting for years, nearly 8 hours lol.

Have to say, the game is definetly a step up from the first two games, maybe not visually, but definetly gameplay wise, which in the larger scheme of things is the most important thing anyway.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  13. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    just got the game, now ive played upto the part where i get out the sewers and find my first silencer, sofar the game is good i really like it, but i find that the fov is a little well low dont you think? i have a 16:9 screen so i set it to 70 which seems to do a good job :)

im playing the game in hardest mode and im finding it very easy, but i am quite an experienced fps player so maybe my skills surpass crysis :) i dono... anyhow i like the game but im finding ok, i like it so far but cant give a true reading till i have meet a fear few more hours,

edit:
    i found this config app that edited setting you cant in game, i have v1.5 which i assume is the latest and its sort neat, here my settings

1920x1080
    avg 65fps

is their any way to get even more out the game graphicly ??

[​IMG]

14. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    I haven't heard many complaints about the game play, here's what people including my self are complaining about.
    I exspected that after almost 4 years the game play would be about where it is now but I would have thought the graphics would have been at least a little better then there 4 year old engine! Instead for the last 4 years they have said **** PC's the real money is in consoles lets put our focus there.

Now thats fine just tell us ahead of time like 2 years ago that the focus would be on consoles and nobody would be upset now. Instead they lied about how this would be the best graphics ever and thats complete bull****!
    Heck I would have been a little disappointed 2 years ago but now it just pisses me off and now im looking at all the **** in the game the sucks instead of just enjoying it.

15. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Sorry, but this game failed to thrill me and brought nothing new. The gameplay is just cod with nano suits and its just to scripted. The story sucks, I found nothing great or new about that either. The small linear levels made it even more boring and bland.

16. Aioras

Aioras Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    I guess pc players will never be satisfied at all with a game... Lots of complains, only DX9 bla,bla... worst than the first 4 years old engine bla,bla... gameplay so scripted bla,bla...

Well.... my opinion, the game is outstanding, not perfect for sure, DX9 yes... but amazing looking, overall quite better that the 90% of todays FPS.

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    The only time I even thought CoD was that scene where you have to press the mouse buttons to walk forward.

18. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Just completed this , I must say the single player campaign was brilliant. Noticed a few graphical and AI glitches though. I've run through Crysis / Crysis:Warhead multiple times and it's quite obvious that the games are very very different. The only thing that ties them together are the story and suit mechanics.The campaign took me approximately 12 Hours on veteran using the stealth ability on the nano suit liberally.

I tried the multilayer and it's predictably terrible. Suffers alot from trying to be new cod + a nano suit. Even the team deathmatch modes have random spawns , and more often than not you will end up getting shot in the back *yawn*. I'm going to try out some of the single life modes in the hope that I find something that resembles CS/CSS with a nano suit than new COD + nanosuit. I just think you die too quickly without armour up , and you can't keep it up all the time. It gives you no time to react. The server browser is a joke i've opened all the ports it needs and I still don't get an accurate ping to servers. I think they tried to solve the issue in the demo of servers returning 0 for ping by having the browser pick a number out of its ****ing ass to display for servers it can't ping.

Was the singleplayer worth the £30 I paid for it on steam? Yes , it's a really good enjoyable romp if you can accept that it's not Crysis. But I'm still disappointed that it's picked up console shooter elements to try and grab some of CODs share on the consoles.

19. faded

faded Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7970 OC
    Yeah I too can not understand all the negativity. I just got the game yesterday and played it for about 4-5 hours, and so far it is brilliant! Better that any other FPS I have played in a while. OK yes I agree the graphics are not what we (pc gamers) expected them to be, they are still very good aside from some textures and what not. The game is just epic though, and I am very much enjoying it :)

20. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    and really, who cares if its only DX9. DX11 dont bring a whole lot to the table now does it ... i personally can live without it. nothing ive seen sofar thats DX11 makes me go "i need that" in all games ;) its all meh as far as i'm concerned ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.